History Quiz

padisha emperor said:
why sic? ?

Who was the first king of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, after the took by the Crusaders of the City ?
I was not sure "precis" was accurate French.
I would have have included an accent,
but I don't think my keyboard is capable.

I cannot recall this king at the moment.

I'll think about it, and if no one else gets it,
I'll do a google if it has not come to me.

aaah, ok ;)

"précis" does exist. it's an adjective.
in this case, the correct word was "précisemment" ;) .

(you don't have accent on your keyboard ?)

Giant hint : His name was the name of a belgian King of the XXth c, and his title is the name of a french city, where Napoleon puted his camp when he wanted to invade UK, in 1805 (so, it is : "Name" of "name of city" )

padisha emperor said:
aaah, ok ;)

"précis" does exist. it's an adjective.
in this case, the correct word was "précisemment" ;) .

(you don't have accent on your keyboard ?)

Giant hint : His name was the name of a belgian King of the XXth c, and his title is the name of a french city, where Napoleon puted his camp when he wanted to invade UK, in 1805 (so, it is : "Name" of "name of city" )
If there is a way to insert accents on my keyboard,
I do not know of it.

The only crusader state monarch I have been able to think of
is "Baldwin", who may not have been king of Jerusalem,
and who does not fit your hints.

There were no kings named Calais, Dunkirk, Le Havre, or Cherbourg,
were there?!

padisha emperor said:

I googled.

Godfrey of Bouillon.

The Belgian ruler was Baudoin.

Question:
Byzantine emperor who in the 500s AD gained control of most of Italy,
Spain, and North Africa.

He was also famous for his comprehensive new law code.

USViking said:
I googled.

Godfrey of Bouillon.

The Belgian ruler was Baudoin.

Question:
Byzantine emperor who in the 500s AD gained control of most of Italy,
Spain, and North Africa.

He was also famous for his comprehensive new law code.

Big guess, here, Justinian?

Kathianne said:
Sounds right to me. But what do I know, without my books? :laugh:

Well I was wrong about the women in history thing. Justinian did almost no work on his lawcode, while I believe his wife contributed a lot to it. Justinian just got the credit.

Well I've got a spare question for my correct nobel presidents answer, so I'll ask:

This cartel entered into an agreement with Standard Oil not to build refineries for hydrogenating coal if Standard didn't do research into hydrogenating coal.

The cartel didn't keep its word and built refineries to produce rubber for the Germans in World War Two, even using some concentration camp labor. Standard, however, was quick to bail them out after the war despite the broken agreement. A US panel ruled that Standard's agreement greatly contributed to the early German military successes.

I'll give you guys some hints if you need them.

IControlThePast said:
Well I've got a spare question for my correct nobel presidents answer, so I'll ask:

This cartel entered into an agreement with Standard Oil not to build refineries for hydrogenating coal if Standard didn't do research into hydrogenating coal.

The cartel didn't keep its word and built refineries to produce rubber for the Germans in World War Two, even using some concentration camp labor. Standard, however, was quick to bail them out after the war despite the broken agreement. A US panel ruled that Standard's agreement greatly contributed to the early German military successes.

I'll give you guys some hints if you need them.

I think I've got this one: I.G. Farben

This Enlightenment philosopher added the judiciary to Locke's concept of 'good government.' His writings were widely read by the Founders and Framers of what was to become the USA.

IControlThePast said:

Krupps is another company doing fine today, that was integrated into the West's economies during the war. Granted then was arms today it's coffee makers! :rolleyes:

Kathianne said:
This Enlightenment philosopher added the judiciary to Locke's concept of 'good government.' His writings were widely read by the Founders and Framers of what was to become the USA.
Montaigne?

Kathianne said:
I googled.

Montesquieu fits the description.

Question:
British general whose victory near Quebec delivered French Canada
to the UK.

King George II was told earlier this general was "mad".

George II replied; "Well, I wish he would bite some of my other generals!"

Forum List

Back