History Quiz

OK, I know it isn't my turn.... but no one has asked a question yet.... so consider this a "bonus" question.... if you get it right, you don't get to ask the next question, but you do win a free cup of coffee at the Endicott Dunkin Donuts (all you have to do is catch the next stage coach to Endicott and you'll be here in a couple of weeks)... if you get it wrong... you will live in shame for the rest of your life...

Name the two presidents that won the Nobel Prize

KarlMarx said:
OK, I know it isn't my turn.... but no one has asked a question yet.... so consider this a "bonus" question.... if you get it right, you don't get to ask the next question, but you do win a free cup of coffee at the Endicott Dunkin Donuts (all you have to do is catch the next stage coach to Endicott and you'll be here in a couple of weeks)... if you get it wrong... you will live in shame for the rest of your life...

Roosevelt was one of them, but I wasn't aware there was a second? Maybe Carter for his Habitat for Humanity?

Kathianne said:
I'll just be brave and guess: Howe. :cheers2: I didn't know. :shocked:
Clinton was the alchie.
He purchased brandy in ten gallon lots.

KarlMarx said:

I'm sure of Teddy Roosevelt.

Was the other Hoover for post-WW1 relief work?

USViking said:
I'm sure of Teddy Roosevelt.

Was the other Hoover for post-WW1 relief work?
No, the other one was Carter, for his work on the Camp David accords.... the stage coach for Endicott leaves at 5 tonight! :)

KarlMarx said:
No, the other one was Carter, for his work on the Camp David accords.... the stage coach for Endicott leaves at 5 tonight! :)
Never mind the donuts, I want beer!

I think Mr. IControlThePast wins this round.

USViking said:
Never mind the donuts, I want beer!

I think Mr. IControlThePast wins this round.
Sorry, you're right IControlThePast got the answer.... well... if you want beer, be sure to pack a photo ID before you leave on the stagecoach.... in NY they now are starting to proof everybody whenever they buy alcoholic beverages.

KarlMarx said:
Sorry, you're right IControlThePast got the answer.... well... if you want beer, be sure to pack a photo ID before you leave on the stagecoach.... in NY they now are starting to proof everybody whenever they buy alcoholic beverages.
Here the pattern is the ABC cops do a sting every 3-5 years,
bust 100 violators, everyone gets carded for a few months,
then back to normal- only if you look under 30.

sorry for always beeing late (not the same hours, I'm in France)

For my question, it was that : Marignan (in french), victory of the french lead by François Ist, during the second Italy campaign, but it was in 1515 ;) ..but great job al the same ;)

Marignan.jpg

The battle was the bloodiest battle since the Antiquity ! 14,000 Swiss were killed, total of 16,000 deads !
After it, France and Switzerland did a "perpetual peace". And the Swiss were soldiers for the King of France until the French Revolution !

Is there a new question, or not yet ?

padisha emperor said:
sorry for always beeing late (not the same hours, I'm in France)

For my question, it was that : Marignan (in french), victory of the french lead by François Ist, during the second Italy campaign, but it was in 1515 ;) ..but great job al the same ;)

Marignan.jpg

The battle was the bloodiest battle since the Antiquity ! 14,000 Swiss were killed, total of 16,000 deads !
After it, France and Switzerland did a "perpetual peace". And the Swiss were soldiers for the King of France until the French Revolution !

Is there a new question, or not yet ?
Go ahead and ask- the member whose turn it now is can claim
his right later.

allright.

Rome, end of the Republic. 3 men are composing the Triumvirat : Caius Iulius Caesar, Pompée, and ??? who's the third triumvir ?

Hint : he was killed by Surena, chief of the Parthes. And he was very very rich.

padisha emperor said:
allright.

Rome, end of the Republic. 3 men are composing the Triumvirat : Caius Iulius Caesar, Pompée, and ??? who's the third triumvir ?

Hint : he was killed by Surena, chief of the Parthes. And he was very very rich.
Crassus.

One story has it that his Parthian captors,
knowing of his wealth and greed, put him to death
by pouring molten gold down his throat.

Question: (3 answers required)
Who were the members of the Second Triumvirate?

:dance:

lol

well... my turn...hmmmm

King of Epire, he won against Rome with his Elephant, but lost finally against The Romans, before be killed by a brick thrown by an old woman from her window. Sad end for this awesome warrior, maybe the ancestor of the italian "condottieri" of the XVth c.

Hint : it's not Hannibal :D

padisha emperor said:
:dance:

lol

well... my turn...hmmmm

King of Epire, he won against Rome with his Elephant, but lost finally against The Romans, before be killed by a brick thrown by an old woman from her window. Sad end for this awesome warrior, maybe the ancestor of the italian "condottieri" of the XVth c.

Hint : it's not Hannibal :D
Pyrrhus.

Question:
Pyrrhus fought three major battles against the Romans,
winning costly victories in the first two, losing the third.

What was the name of the third, losing battle?

Forum List

Back