History Quiz

Kathianne said:
Speaking of Hitler, who was his friend that bummed off of and tried to convince of his 'brilliance' as an artist? This same friend went on to write books about Hitler after the war.

Kubizec? I remember learning about Lueger too but I don't think Hitler was friends with him. I remember my German history the best for some reason, it's always been the most interesting to me.

USViking said:
It looks like Manu, the last correct responder, has been drowned out by the ladies' side conversation here, and has retired for the night.

Perhaps one of the ladies could find the time to ask a question, preferably one to which she herself knows the answer.

My dear sir, there is a question on the table and this lady does know the answer! :dev1:

IControlThePast said:
Kubizec? I remember learning about Lueger too but I don't think Hitler was friends with him. I remember my German history the best for some reason, it's always been the most interesting to me.

Dang it, Viking was right, you did slip past us! Damn, I owe you a question.

USViking said:
It looks like Manu, the last correct responder, has been drowned out by the ladies' side conversation here, and has retired for the night.

Perhaps one of the ladies could find the time to ask a question, preferably one to which she herself knows the answer.

Pppffffftttt.

Said1 said:
Pppffffftttt.

Only partially correct. Manu gave me the check off for my correct answer, but ICTP was right on mine.

Who next?

Kathianne said:
Dang it, Viking was right, you did slip past us! Damn, I owe you a question.

I'll go back to the cartels then, keeping in touch with Germany. This American company created an agreement with Krupps to sell a crucial wartime supply to Nazi Germany at $30-90 a pound and to the US at $200-400 a pound. As a famous author put it "Some people might think that was un-patriotic. Don't worry, nobody with any power." That is a great pun :D.

Children, please enough. ;)

One of you please ask a question...

IControlThePast said:
I'll go back to the cartels then, keeping in touch with Germany. This American company created an agreement with Krupps to sell a crucial wartime supply to Nazi Germany at $30-90 a pound and to the US at $200-400 a pound. As a famous author put it "Some people might think that was un-patriotic. Don't worry, nobody with any power." That is a great pun :D.

General Electric?

IControlThePast said:
Correct. I think I'm making mine too easy :).

No, it was the hint!

This American writer feared the US would be remembered for its empire. Guess it goes to show that one is a product of one's time.

Question:

Bohemian theologian, follower of English theologian John Wycliffe. Accused of heresy, he was given safe passage by the Holy Roman Emperor to attend a religious conference ca.1410. There he was treacherously siezed, tried, convicted, and executed.

USViking said:
Question:

Bohemian theologian, follower of English theologian John Wycliffe. Accused of heresy, he was given safe passage by the Holy Roman Emperor to attend a religious conference ca.1410. There he was treacherously siezed, tried, convicted, and executed.
Hint: add a few letters to the end of his last name and you get a synonymn
for "wench".

Forum List

Back