History Quiz

Semper Fi said:
Oohrah!

Question:
Who invented the AR-15 and under what name and in what year was it commissioned?

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that was the original name of the M16, designed by retired marine Eugene Stoner. The original design was invented circa 1960, but I don't think it went into service until 1968, though I seem to recall 1966 as being an important year.

Yeah, I know guns. [If I am wrong, ignore this line, as it will be deleted.]

It's Hobbit's turn, but he has gone to sleep on us.

When he returns we can work in a question of his.

Question:
Canadian PM whose name very closely resembled that of a potted houseplant.

USViking said:
It's Hobbit's turn, but he has gone to sleep on us.

When he returns we can work in a question of his.

Question:
Canadian PM whose name very closely resembled that of a potted houseplant.

House plant? I have no idea, Deifenbaker? Pearson? :(

USViking said:
Ahem; if responders would kindly limit themselves to one answer per post.

"Diefenbaker" closely resembles "dieffenbachia".

Your question.

Ahem, whatever. :)

What are the remaining french territories off the coast of New Foundland?

USViking said:
I know there is one or a group of tiny islands.

Anticosti?- that good enough?

There are two, and I'm fairly certain they are not ajoined, but very close together. Anticosti is not it, there are two names.

Ok, I'm now awake and finished with my final (whole reason for ditching to go to sleep). Now for my question.

Questiong: Two men are credited with the independant and near simultaneous invention of calculus, a form of math involving calculating the slopes, areas, volumes, etc. of unconventionally shaped objects and an absolute necessity in advanced physics. One of these men is Isaac Newton. Who is the other?

Hobbit said:
Ok, I'm now awake and finished with my final (whole reason for ditching to go to sleep). Now for my question.

Questiong: Two men are credited with the independant and near simultaneous invention of calculus, a form of math involving calculating the slopes, areas, volumes, etc. of unconventionally shaped objects and an absolute necessity in advanced physics. One of these men is Isaac Newton. Who is the other?
Heh, heh- this was a question from yesterday.

Leibnitz.

Go ahead and ask another question.

Said1 said:
There are two, and I'm fairly certain they are not ajoined, but very close together. Anticosti is not it, there are two names.
Ah- my atlas shows Isles de la Madleine- there are several of them. Anticosti is much larger than all them put together, and is Canadian.

Why don't you nettle the French a bit by conquering them?

USViking said:
Heh, heh- this was a question from yesterday.

Leibnitz.

Go ahead and ask another question.

Oops, I always just check the end and usually miss 3-4 questions. Don't want to read the whole 60 something pages.

Ok...hmmm...here we go.

Question: Name the computer technician who coined the term "computer bug" and why he did so.

USViking said:
Ah- my atlas shows Isles de la Madleine- there are several of them. Anticosti is much larger than all them put together, and is Canadian.

Why don't you nettle the French a bit by conquering them?

No, not Isles de Madeline, that's Quebc, I'm talking about France. Look SW, right off the coast of New Foundland. You're too far NW.

Hobbit said:
Oops, I always just check the end and usually miss 3-4 questions. Don't want to read the whole 60 something pages.

Ok...hmmm...here we go.

Question: Name the computer technician who coined the term "computer bug" and why he did so.
I know "bug" came from an actual bug which gummed up the works on an early computer. I'll have to let someone else identify the technician.

Said1 said:
No, not Isles de Madeline, that's Quebc, I'm talking about France. Look SW, right off the coast of New Foundland. You're too far NW.
I really botched this, didn't I? How unlike me!

The correct answer, finally, is St. Peirre et Miquelin.

Forum List

Back