History Quiz

google says I was right on the last one, although I mispelled "Michener".

Question:
Father of the pre-WW1 German Navy, his policies contributed greatly to the naval arms race with the UK which helped precipitate reapproachment between the UK and France.

freeandfun1 said:
He graduated summa cum laude from Swarthmore College in 1929

Me thinks Newt is a BIT younger than that....

Yeah, when I saw Viking's answer, knew that was right.

USViking said:
google says I was right on the last one, although I mispelled "Michener".

Question:
Father of the pre-WW1 German Navy, his policies contributed greatly to the naval arms race with the UK which helped precipitate reapproachment between the UK and France.

Bismark?

USViking said:
That's him!

This boy's father owned land, but was illiterate. The father died when the boy was young and the mother remarried, quite the male Cinderella story. Luckily as he matured, some noticed he seemed to have quite the aptitude for studies. He went onto the university, Trinity College Cambridge in 1661. His plan was to become a lawyer, but he studied philosophy, though became quite enamored with mathematics.

Kathianne said:
This boy's father owned land, but was illiterate. The father died when the boy was young and the mother remarried, quite the male Cinderella story. Luckily as he matured, some noticed he seemed to have quite the aptitude for studies. He went onto the university, Trinity College Cambridge in 1661. His plan was to become a lawyer, but he studied philosophy, though became quite enamored with mathematics.
Isaac Newton.

Question:
Later codiscoverer with Newton of calculus.

The word "calculus" is his coinage, and the notation now universally used is his.

This pre-historical dynasty was overthrown by the Shang. Interestingly enough, more has been discovered about it in the past 40 years or so, than over all the decades prior.

There is evidence of bronze, urban areas, and tombs.

Kathianne said:
This pre-historical dynasty was overthrown by the Shang. Interestingly enough, more has been discovered about it in the past 40 years or so, than over all the decades prior.

There is evidence of bronze, urban areas, and tombs.
Ahhh- Wang? Dong? Dingaling?

Forum List

Back