History Quiz

What and whom was Walt Whitman talking about when he stated, "There are some deeds, crimes, that are forgivable....This is not one of them."?

This had to do with a particular prison during the US Civil War in Andersonville. The stunning pictures would put you in mind of what happened during the Holocaust.

Since I am leaving and not likely to be back until Tuesday. I will provide the answer so the quiz can move on without me. I am positive some of you would have come up with it before long...

Here is a good site you can visit to learn about it...

http://www.cr.nps.gov/seac/andearch.htm

It has links to the historical background of the prison and photographs that I found astounding...

padisha emperor said:
I search on google. Hard jail. I also saw that's a movie was made about it.

Question :

What France and UK decided together on may, the 10th, 1861 ?

(please try to find, not google to quickly ;) )

Not to recognize the Confederacy?

Kathianne said:
Not sure what the bold means, translation problem I'm sure. You got three anyways. I think probably the most important would include razor wire, (see trench warfare). That together with the introduction of the machine gun. :cry:

Kathianne, he's talking about breach-loading guns, as opposed to muzzle loading guns. Muzzle-loaders are ones where you ram the bullet down the length of the muzzle before each shot. A breach loader allowed a soldier to pop a cartridge into the barrel, close the breach, and fire. This allowed repeater rifles, machine guns, etc.

gop_jeff said:
Kathianne, he's talking about breach-loading guns, as opposed to muzzle loading guns. Muzzle-loaders are ones where you ram the bullet down the length of the muzzle before each shot. A breach loader allowed a soldier to pop a cartridge into the barrel, close the breach, and fire. This allowed repeater rifles, machine guns, etc.

exactly, thanks a lot ! (stupid automatic translator:) )

For your answer, it's not really that, but it's really not far. If nobody gives the exact answer, you'll have the "point" ;)

padisha emperor said:
exactly, thanks a lot ! (stupid automatic translator:) )

For your answer, it's not really that, but it's really not far. If nobody gives the exact answer, you'll have the "point" ;)

Did they declare neutrality?

Forum List

Back