Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

They are running a business, not a religion.

Hence they fall under business law and must not discriminate.

I disagree. They're a church that performs weddings. I don't see how they must be forced to perform gay weddings, when it directly violates freedom of religion.

They are a business- with a business website- performing marriages for profit.

Simple solution- start their own church- and no longer perform weddings for a profit.

I'm having doubts.

They're charging money for providing quick marriages. That sounds an awful lot like a business.

I'd like to see how well the Hobby Lobby-esque argument could work here.

How does making money remove your 1st amendment rights?

I think it's because there are laws that require equality when it comes to business.

That said, I'm no expert on the law.

If I'm an RN, I can't choose to not care for someone because they're gay. Personally, as with the issue of the cake-maker, I feel he should have been allowed to not make gay wedding cakes if it didn't jive with his beliefs.

I need a better understanding of each side on this particular issue.

There is nothing in providing nursing care that changes based on the sexual orientation of the person. A heart attack is a heart attack, AIDS is AIDS, and broken arm is a broken arm. Here the state is compelling a minister to perform an act outside of their religious base, in a religous act.
Actually, no. The Hitching Post explicitly states that they can and will perform non-religious ceremonies in purely secular services.
They're not a church, they're officially open for everyone regardless of religion.

They are still ordained ministers and cannot be compelled to act against their morals.

I disagree. They're a church that performs weddings. I don't see how they must be forced to perform gay weddings, when it directly violates freedom of religion.

Simple solution- start their own church- and no longer perform weddings for a profit.

No, simple solution, mind your own fucking business and find somewhere else to marry if they dont want your business.

I'm having doubts.

They're charging money for providing quick marriages. That sounds an awful lot like a business.

I think it's because there are laws that require equality when it comes to business.

If I'm an RN, I can't choose to not care for someone because they're gay. Personally, as with the issue of the cake-maker, I feel he should have been allowed to not make gay wedding cakes if it didn't jive with his beliefs.

There is nothing in providing nursing care that changes based on the sexual orientation of the person. A heart attack is a heart attack, AIDS is AIDS, and broken arm is a broken arm. Here the state is compelling a minister to perform an act outside of their religious base, in a religous act.
Actually, no. The Hitching Post explicitly states that they can and will perform non-religious ceremonies in purely secular services.
They're not a church, they're officially open for everyone regardless of religion.

They are still ordained ministers and cannot be compelled to act against their morals.
They should go and work in Vegas where the wedding chapel "ordained ministers" are more discerning.

So...I have the freedom of religion to refuse service in my business to anyone I deem to be a wild-eyed crazy christian.......ok.

Yes, you should have that right...it is called freedom...

if you put a sign on your business saying "no Christians served here" it would be illegal.... same as saying "no blacks served here" or "no gays served here".

see how that works.
If the business doesn't want to cater to christians, then why would I want to give them my money? If it doesn't effect life or death, then why would you care? I know, it's because the queers have an agenda.

if the business doesn't want to serve you because of your religion, they shouldn't be in business. just how it it.

i'm sorry you think jim crow was a good thing

No, simple solution, mind your own fucking business and find somewhere else to marry if they dont want your business.

or you can keep your bigotry to yourself.

MY business IS myself thank you.

I ask again, how is that you think gays can force me to stay away from PUBLIC streets if I don't want my kids to see their filth, yet they have a right to force themselves into MY business?

So...I have the freedom of religion to refuse service in my business to anyone I deem to be a wild-eyed crazy christian.......ok.

if you put a sign on your business saying "no Christians served here" it would be illegal.... same as saying "no blacks served here" or "no gays served here".

see how that works.
If the business doesn't want to cater to christians, then why would I want to give them my money? If it doesn't effect life or death, then why would you care? I know, it's because the queers have an agenda.

if the business doesn't want to serve you because of your religion, they shouldn't be in business. just how it it.

But , if they don't want to serve you because you're fat, that's okay

Except Jim Crow was about race. And what you're advocating is a deviant sex cult. Big difference. A key difference legally as it turns out. Race is guaranteed protection in the Constitution. The cult of LGBT has no constitutional rights to force its dogma on other people.

They should go and work in Vegas where the wedding chapel "ordained ministers" are more discerning.

Why should they have to adjust for your need for approval?

see how that works.

Jim Crow was government mandated. Government forcing people to go against their beliefs or go out of business/go to jail/pay a fine is FAR closer to Jim Crow than what the ministers are doing.

Why do whiny faggots and their supporters believe that I have to accept that they are not wrong while at the same time claiming that I am wrong? More left turd hypocrisy

Why do whiny faggots and their supporters believe that I have to accept that they are not wrong while at the same time claiming that I am wrong? More left turd hypocrisy
Kinda like the baker, he would sell them anything in the store, but declined making them a WEDDING CAKE, because the gay lifestyle goes against his religion. They couldn't go somewhere that would be happy to do it, instead they MADE HIM through government to do it. Fuck them.

MY business IS myself thank you.

I ask again, how is that you think gays can force me to stay away from PUBLIC streets if I don't want my kids to see their filth, yet they have a right to force themselves into MY business?

No one is forcing you to stay away from any PUBLIC streets.

However if you want to avoid seeing Gays during a Pride Parade, or avoid seeing Chinese during the Chinese New Years Parade or Blacks during the Juneteenth Parade, then you will either need to wear blinders or avoid the parade route.

Except Jim Crow was about race. And what you're advocating is a deviant sex cult. Big difference. A key difference legally as it turns out. Race is guaranteed protection in the Constitution. The cult of LGBT has no constitutional rights to force its dogma on other people.

So now you are claiming Gay people have no constitutional rights.

Discrimination is discrimination. In the 1940's it was the Jews. In the 1960's it was African Americans. Now it is homosexuals.

I'm having doubts.

So if they claim as 'ordained ministers' that their moral beliefs state that they cannot pay income taxes- they can't be compelled to pay income taxes?

Which is to say, if you don't like that water fountain, there's one marked for your use over there.

Why is it constantly the Conservatives who not only hate with the intensity of a thousand suns, but gloat about their hate at the same time? Wonder why your movement is doomed? You only tolerate the folks you liked in the first place. Everyone else is open to derision, scorn and second class status.

I'm sorry you don't understand what jim crow actually was....that was government forced discrimination...the government made private businesses discriminate, even if they didn't want to...what gays are doing here with this forced acomodation is the same as jim crow...the government is forcing a private citizen to do something against their will...

Remember, after the democrats were forced to free their slaves by the republicans, the democrats wanted to maintain control in whatever way they could...jim crow was how the democrats tried to do that...they wanted to force all businesses to discriminate against their former slaves...and the only way to ensure that was through government force...

Forum List

Back