Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

So...I have the freedom of religion to refuse service in my business to anyone I deem to be a wild-eyed crazy christian.......ok.

Yes, you should have that right...it is called freedom...

Not surprising. The US Government at every level and in almost every location no longer has any idea what morals or values are.

What's next.... A law to force me to ATTEND a same - sex wedding if invited to one?

it is not government's job to teach you morals.

that said, I don't believe any effort to force a religious institution to perform marriages would prevail. the question I have, is this a church? I don't think it is... it is a wedding chapel which is, presumably, non-denominational. it isn't a church.

So...I have the freedom of religion to refuse service in my business to anyone I deem to be a wild-eyed crazy christian.......ok.

if you put a sign on your business saying "no Christians served here" it would be illegal.... same as saying "no blacks served here" or "no gays served here".

see how that works.

Well, there is one sticking point that the bakers and photographers did not have when the thugs came knocking on their door...these two people are ordained ministers....so to compel them to actually perform the ceremony would be a really big problem...as to the rest of the building... the fascists will probably be able to use it...

Well, there is one sticking point that the bakers and photographers did not have when the thugs came knocking on their door...these two people are ordained ministers....so to compel them to actually perform the ceremony would be a really big problem...as to the rest of the building... the fascists will probably be able to use it...

so they got ordained online. and?

if you put a sign on your business saying "no Christians served here" it would be illegal.... same as saying "no blacks served here" or "no gays served here".

see how that works.

Yes, I know how that works and that it is wrong...a private business is that...private, and should have the freedom to serve whoever they want...the government must serve all the citizens regardless of the desires of public employees...

see how that works.

But, if you hung up a sign that said "no fatties" that would be legal. See, discrimination laws are not applied evenly. The "public accommodation" laws are going to be over turned and you can thank the fags for that.

Not surprising. The US Government at every level and in almost every location no longer has any idea what morals or values are.

What's next.... A law to force me to ATTEND a same - sex wedding if invited to one?

it is not government's job to teach you morals.

that said, I don't believe any effort to force a religious institution to perform marriages would prevail. the question I have, is this a church? I don't think it is... it is a wedding chapel which is, presumably, non-denominational. it isn't a church.

Correct, so you must therefor support the removal of laws which are supposed to "teach people not to discriminate" such as public accommodation laws. Thank you for joining us.

I'm having doubts.

They're charging money for providing quick marriages. That sounds an awful lot like a business.

I'd like to see how well the Hobby Lobby-esque argument could work here.

How does making money remove your 1st amendment rights?

I think it's because there are laws that require equality when it comes to business.

That said, I'm no expert on the law.

If I'm an RN, I can't choose to not care for someone because they're gay. Personally, as with the issue of the cake-maker, I feel he should have been allowed to not make gay wedding cakes if it didn't jive with his beliefs.

I need a better understanding of each side on this particular issue.

There is nothing in providing nursing care that changes based on the sexual orientation of the person. A heart attack is a heart attack, AIDS is AIDS, and broken arm is a broken arm. Here the state is compelling a minister to perform an act outside of their religious base, in a religous act.
Actually, no. The Hitching Post explicitly states that they can and will perform non-religious ceremonies in purely secular services.
They're not a church, they're officially open for everyone regardless of religion.

Besides.............................there are many churches who are willing to marry gay couples, why get in a hassle with one that refuses?

You don't understand the left....all must submit...
Maybe it's about time for an anti gay group should hunt down a gay owned catering business. Make them cater an anti gay rally.
Maybe a black owned catering business to cater a kkk rally.
Maybe a peta loving owned business, forced to cater a pig picking.
I bet liberals would call foul on those situations, hypocrites.

Where in the 1st amendment does freedom of religion go away when you are part of a business?

You shouldn't have to marry them. Are that petty that people must acquiesce to your desires or face jailtime?

What a miserable twat you must be in real life.
I'm not in the marrying business......but if what you want were the law (or lack of one), I'd get to refuse service to the crazy wild-eyes christians.

For marrying them sure. Why would Christians want to get married by a hateful twat such as yourself?
Again, for the slow reader (such as yourself)....I'm not in the marrying business. But if I was, I know enough of the law as it stands right now that I wouldn't withhold my services, even for hateful wild-eyed, mentally ill christians. (note: not all christians fit that description)
it is gays that are mentally ill.

see how that works.
If the business doesn't want to cater to christians, then why would I want to give them my money? If it doesn't effect life or death, then why would you care? I know, it's because the queers have an agenda.

The minister is neither an employee nor an independent contractor. He is a volunteer who accepts gratuities. The chapel is the business. The minister's service is not.

see how that works.
If the business doesn't want to cater to christians, then why would I want to give them my money? If it doesn't effect life or death, then why would you care? I know, it's because the queers have an agenda.
The crazy christians have an agenda.

You shouldn't have to marry them. Are that petty that people must acquiesce to your desires or face jailtime?

What a miserable twat you must be in real life.
I'm not in the marrying business......but if what you want were the law (or lack of one), I'd get to refuse service to the crazy wild-eyes christians.

For marrying them sure. Why would Christians want to get married by a hateful twat such as yourself?
Again, for the slow reader (such as yourself)....I'm not in the marrying business. But if I was, I know enough of the law as it stands right now that I wouldn't withhold my services, even for hateful wild-eyed, mentally ill christians. (note: not all christians fit that description)
it is gays that are mentally ill.
It is the crazy christians* that are mentally ill.

Note: Not all Christians are "crazy christians"....but they ARE out there, some even posting here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back