Hold on to your hat, earning season kicks off tomorrow, will stocks tank?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Oh I have a bad, very bad, feeling about this. God I hope the reports are not as bad as many expect.

The Earnings Season Will Set The Market Direction​

Summary​

• Earnings season will kick off on the 12th of July and end in August.
  • Companies are expected to show the lowest EPS YoY growth rate in years.
  • The impact of inflation, supply chain problems, and a slowdown in the global economy as a whole on corporate results is the main thing investors want to know about.
  • The results of just one sector are likely to decide the way this earnings season goes.
  • This earnings season is too big to be bad.

1657578187267.png

Oh I have a bad, very bad, feeling about this. God I hope the reports are not as bad as many expect.

Summary​

• The impact of inflation, supply chain problems, and a slowdown in the global economy as a whole on corporate results is the main thing investors want to know about.
  • The results of just one sector are likely to decide the way this earnings season goes.

It is always a mixed bag. Several of my holdings do quarterly dividends so no big thing for me since I already know a lot of them and those stocks I buy and hold for the DRIP. I figure 20 or so more years they will have paid for themselves and I will be enjoying the little extra income.

Earnings "season" is always erratic. I always get a chuckle out of those "XZY beat earning expectations by 20% but their stock prices fell 3% due to revenue being lower than expected" stories. That's the market we live in--punish companies that bring home the bacon but who aren't always growing based on some "analysts" expectations.

Anyway, I have my transfer of cash into the account. I will look to see if there are any deals that interest me. If not, I will just transfer it back. I am hoarding cash unless a unicorn comes by. I am hoping Disney drops another $20 and then I will buy til the cows come home.

Summary​

Why would anyone be in the stock market these days?

I trust nothing that comes from Wall Street, and even less from our criminal government.

Wall Street is so rigged you gotta be asleep to believe that shit.

You can make a lot of money in a turbulent market, especially one going down.

The futures at 9:43 tonight are only down -147, so it doesn't so far look TOO bad for tomorrow, though I only go by the morning futures, myself.

Even on the news this morning in the break room at work they were talking about preparing for a recession and discussing stocks and such.

Summary​

Industries that are near monopolies will continue to do very well. On a year to year basis, it could be down but historically it will be very strong.

And inflation is off the charts! DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inflation surges by 9.1%, driven by record gas prices​

(CNN)Inflation surged to a new pandemic-era peak in June, with US consumer prices jumping by 9.1% year-over-year, according to fresh data released Wednesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
That's the highest level in more than 40 years and higher than the previous reading, when prices rose by 8.6% for the year ended in May. It is also much higher than the 8.8% that economists had predicted, according to Refinitiv.

Forum List

Back