Hollywood Blasts Gun Violence, Yet 'Black Panther' Features 163 Shootings

Why is it so hard for you guys to tell the difference between fiction and reality?
So PRETENDING to shoot 17 people for "entertainment" purposes is ok?

What a person fills his mind with every day is what he becomes.
In military training for combat there is a lot of desensitizing of violence so you become immune to it and you can freely kill over and over and over.
Hollywood is simply doing the same thing.
Everything about the liberal agenda teaches people to devalue life.

Then they wonder why life is devalued.

If that is true... then why do most, and I mean most, have a happy ending?

Why is it so hard for you guys to tell the difference between fiction and reality?

In military training for combat there is a lot of desensitizing of violence so you become immune to it and you can freely kill over and over and over.

They don't

Abortion = death
Euthanasia = death
War on police = death

liberals promote violence and riots. And they support domestic terrorist groups to push their agendas.

Then they wonder why there is more violence?

Liberals are full of shit.

They don't

Abortion = death
Euthanasia = death
War on police = death

liberals promote violence and riots. And they support domestic terrorist groups to push their agendas.

Then they wonder why there is more violence?

Liberals are full of shit.

That's sure a lot of accusations without facts to back it up.

FACTS say that violence in FICTIONAL media does not promote real life violence. That's FACTS... despite how hard Conservatives in the 80's tried to press the measure.

Anyone notice a trend here? All these Conservatives on this forum that support less gun laws want to take the blame away from the guns and put the importance on personal responsibility... but when it comes to Hollywood, they want to place the blame on the media and all of a sudden personal responsibility gets thrown out the window.

It's kind of hard to respect people that can't fucking stay consistent in their beliefs.

Hollywood makes one gun movie after another...they tantalize young weirdo kids with gunfire and murder...as far as I'm concerned Hollywood is as guilty as anything else for modern day mass shootings...

They do the same thing with cars. Every movie has speeding and text-driving. Even the heroes do it. The auto industry pays billions of $s to the media every year to do that. Car crashes mean car sales.

There has been no legit studies that show that violence in media correlates to real violence.

Studies???? HAHAHA. Like they prove anything. You can bribe an "expert" with a steak dinner.

Why can't you think for yourself?

I don't know. Libs love abortion. Conservs love guns. Everybody loves cars and war. People like to kill.

There has been no legit studies that show that violence in media correlates to real violence.

Studies???? HAHAHA. Like they prove anything. You can bribe an "expert" with a steak dinner.

Why can't you think for yourself?

You can? Despite what all the rich politicians wanted the experts to say... they all said the politicians were full of shit.

Funny Shootspeeders posted this thread about Black Panther... but where was the thread when The Punisher came out on Netflix?

Fiction breeds reality.

:lol:

No, it really doesn't.

Really? Then why is almost everything we have today originally started out in fiction many decades ago. The point is that Hollywood SELLS violence. Every action movie from the Marvel Comics to Batman to Teenage Mutant Turtles is based on graphic violence. If you can't see how this affects children, how graphic video games affects them, then you have some real cognitive denial issues!

I've read quite a few peer-reviewed psychology articles that explicitly disprove your point.

But I'm sure it's comforting to have something to blame.

Then you should keep reading Doc until you get to the ones that support what I say. Who knows, you might even come across one of the ones I wrote myself on Applied Psychology. It isn't just violence in movies and on-line games. It is violence in the homes, and that doesn't even need to be physical violence, but merely emotional, then there is the violence in the world, most ESPECIALLY the violence in the schools, perpetrated on children by the schools themselves. I have about a HUNDRED articles on it I can send you! The school gets away with it under the euphemism: "Zero-Tolerance."

How about you post something that proves otherwise?

Why do you chose to read only what you choose to read instead of what was actually there?

No, it really doesn't.

Really? Then why is almost everything we have today originally started out in fiction many decades ago. The point is that Hollywood SELLS violence. Every action movie from the Marvel Comics to Batman to Teenage Mutant Turtles is based on graphic violence. If you can't see how this affects children, how graphic video games affects them, then you have some real cognitive denial issues!

I've read quite a few peer-reviewed psychology articles that explicitly disprove your point.

Then you should keep reading Doc until you get to the ones that support what I say. Who knows, you might even come across one of the ones I wrote myself on Applied Psychology. It isn't just violence in movies and on-line games. It is violence in the homes, and that doesn't even need to be physical violence, but merely emotional, then there is the violence in the world, most ESPECIALLY the violence in the schools, perpetrated on children by the schools themselves. I have about a HUNDRED articles on it I can send you! The school gets away with it under the euphemism: "Zero-Tolerance."

Why do you chose to read only what you choose to read instead of what was actually there?
Exactly.

No, it really doesn't.

I asked you to provide proof to the contrary. I'm writing a paper this semester about crimes that people ADMIT they were influenced by something in Pop culture, HOWEVER those people have underlying issues of mental illness and are the exception not the norm. If you do research into the issue you will find not a single study has found a correlation. Do you think if one was found that we wouldn't have stricter guidelines placed on the media??? During the 1980's Conservatives in Congress wanted the video game industry reigned in for the amount of violence they had in their games... because the Conservatives thought it was making kids be more violent. The only thing that happened was that they started putting a rating system on games like they have on movies. That's it.

So how about instead of you bellyaching, you go find something that backs your point of view?

OK, that motion picture has a lot of violence (and, as Drudge pointed out this morning, a movie that is supposedly the champion of diversity lacks any gay characters).

BUT that is NOT the point when it comes to this motion picture.

This motion picture is making a lot of Americans happy and proud of themselves.

I have just read that it's a smash hit in Africa, too.

So let's not rain on their parade.

Let them enjoy this moment.

OK, that motion picture has a lot of violence (and, as Drudge pointed out this morning, a movie that is supposedly the champion of diversity lacks any gay characters).

BUT that is NOT the point when it comes to this motion picture.

Let them enjoy this moment.

Gay characters? Drudge really criticized the movie for not having gay characters in black Panther? The sister might be gay, who knows? She certainly didn't talk about any interest in guys in the movie and even gave her brother a hard time about freezing when he saw his ex-gf.

Yeah - blacks love to see themselves as capable people and yet they know in real life, they are all losers. So they welcome pro-black propaganda movies. Just like that silly movie that claimed there were female black engineers at NASA in the 60s!!! HAHAHA

More proof that gun control has nothing to do with saving lives. Liberals are freedom-hating fascists and want a central govt running everything . Only an armed citizenry can stop them and they know it.

Hollywood Blasts Gun Violence, Yet 'Black Panther' Features 163 Shootings

feb 20 2018 Black Panther set box office records on its way to becoming “a watershed in cultural history of African Americans,” wrote The Miami Herald’s Leonard Pitts Jr. Yet, the movie was typical Hollywood – filled with violence, including 163 shootings, while Marvel stars call for gun control.

Lupita Nyong’o, who played Black Panther’s love interest Nakia, advocated for gun control in the wake of the Orlando shooting. The actress posted a long message on Instagram, saying “most importantly, we simply need to put down the guns!” Other Marvel Avengers have weighed in as well. Captain America’s Chris Evans has called for “common sense gun reform.” And the Hulk, played by Mark Ruffalo, has criticized conservatives for giving thoughts and prayers, and not actively pushing gun reform.

This hypocrisy is unusually blatant even for the film industry. It doesn’t matter whether the movie is Black Panther, Kingsman: Golden Circle or Gangster Squad. Hollywood promotes violence.
Gawd you're dumb.

If the government wanted you dead, they wouldn't send someone to kill you. They would send a drone and you would never see it coming.

I asked you to provide proof to the contrary. I'm writing a paper this semester about crimes that people ADMIT they were influenced by something in Pop culture, HOWEVER those people have underlying issues of mental illness and are the exception not the norm. If you do research into the issue you will find not a single study has found a correlation. Do you think if one was found that we wouldn't have stricter guidelines placed on the media??? During the 1980's Conservatives in Congress wanted the video game industry reigned in for the amount of violence they had in their games... because the Conservatives thought it was making kids be more violent.

I'm sure if you get off your lazy ass and go look, you will find many things on the web showing connections between the many aspects of violence in our society and the influence it has on behavior! That is, unless the topic is on Google's list of topics to be filtered. I mean, otherwise, what are you claiming as you try to "write your paper," that environment has no effect on attitudes and behavior? From time immortal it has been understood and shown that we are a composite of TWO THINGS:
1). Heredity.
2). Environment.

Only on this jacked-off forum would I now have to defend that. Every creature in the animal kingdom (and maybe some plants) are conditioned by their environment. Maybe you should try reading some of the work of Ivan Pavlov. I bet that if you were to do a study of school kids, you would find a correlation of changed attitudes and fear towards firearms from all the school violence, gun-drills and student disciplines and suspensions from saying "gun," drawing guns, going 'bang-bang' with their finger, etc. THAT'S ENVIRONMENT, SON. If I tell you to pick something up and everytime you do, you get burned or shocked, very quickly your attitude towards picking it up again will change! THAT IS ENVIRONMENT!

As to studies and conclusions, studies on climate are politically motivated, studies on food additives are politically motivated (enjoying that MSG in your food? It was banned in 1970 as a carcinogen but put back in after food companies said removing it would put them out of business). There is BIG MONEY in food, climate studies, video games, television, social behavior and many other things. Politics has crept into almost every venue now just as Hillary and others were "let off the hook" because the embarrassment to the FBI and DOJ were deemed too great to reveal that we had a treasonous bitch who had undermined her own country for financial gain was actually running to be president now! I mean, who would have thought that anyone could look WORSE compared to Barry Obama! But if you really think violence (in its many forms) in a dozen different aspects of our culture has no effect on the attitudes, behavior or actions of some children, you go right on writing that paper of yours, and it won't be worth the paper it was written on.

I asked you to provide proof to the contrary. I'm writing a paper this semester about crimes that people ADMIT they were influenced by something in Pop culture, HOWEVER those people have underlying issues of mental illness and are the exception not the norm. If you do research into the issue you will find not a single study has found a correlation. Do you think if one was found that we wouldn't have stricter guidelines placed on the media??? During the 1980's Conservatives in Congress wanted the video game industry reigned in for the amount of violence they had in their games... because the Conservatives thought it was making kids be more violent.

I'm sure if you get off your lazy ass and go look, you will find many things on the web showing connections between the many aspects of violence in our society and the influence it has on behavior! That is, unless the topic is on Google's list of topics to be filtered. I mean, otherwise, what are you claiming as you try to "write your paper," that environment has no effect on attitudes and behavior? From time immortal it has been understood and shown that we are a composite of TWO THINGS:
1). Heredity.
2). Environment.

Only on this jacked-off forum would I now have to defend that. Every creature in the animal kingdom (and maybe some plants) are conditioned by their environment. Maybe you should try reading some of the work of Ivan Pavlov. I bet that if you were to do a study of school kids, you would find a correlation of changed attitudes and fear towards firearms from all the school violence, gun-drills and student disciplines and suspensions from saying "gun," drawing guns, going 'bang-bang' with their finger, etc. THAT'S ENVIRONMENT, SON. If I tell you to pick something up and everytime you do, you get burned or shocked, very quickly your attitude towards picking it up again will change! THAT IS ENVIRONMENT!

As to studies and conclusions, studies on climate are politically motivated, studies on food additives are politically motivated (enjoying that MSG in your food? It was banned in 1970 as a carcinogen but put back in after food companies said removing it would put them out of business). There is BIG MONEY in food, climate studies, video games, television, social behavior and many other things. Politics has crept into almost every venue now just as Hillary and others were "let off the hook" because the embarrassment to the FBI and DOJ were deemed too great to reveal that we had a treasonous bitch who had undermined her own country for financial gain was actually running to be president now! I mean, who would have thought that anyone could look WORSE compared to Barry Obama! But if you really think violence (in its many forms) in a dozen different aspects of our culture has no effect on the attitudes, behavior or actions of some children, you go right on writing that paper of yours, and it won't be worth the paper it was written on.

Holy shit... we are talking about violence IN MEDIA, FICTIONAL VIOLENCE... not violence the person witnesses in REAL LIFE.

Are you really too dumb to understand the difference?

Forum List

Back