Hollywood Blasts Gun Violence, Yet 'Black Panther' Features 163 Shootings

Why is it so hard for you guys to tell the difference between fiction and reality?
So PRETENDING to shoot 17 people for "entertainment" purposes is ok?

What a person fills his mind with every day is what he becomes.
In military training for combat there is a lot of desensitizing of violence so you become immune to it and you can freely kill over and over and over.
Hollywood is simply doing the same thing.

Fiction breeds reality.

:lol:

No, it really doesn't.

Yes, it really does.

No, it really doesn't.

I know you're desperate for something to throw under the bus to distract from guns, but this has always been an incredibly stupid argument.
The Florida shooting has not been on drudge for a few days now. Like usual these things fade fairly quickly...

Well, if it's not in the echo-chamber, it doesn't exist.

Right?
What, you’re saying these things don’t fade quickly? LOL

There have been more studies on media violence and how it correlates to real violence than you can imagine... and guess what the results are?

NONE have shown a real correlation between the two.

Once there was even a case where one movie mogul tried to help a family sue director Oliver Stone. They lost.

Natural Born Killers lawsuit finally thrown out
child molesting Hollywood types they are great people are they not?

In military training for combat there is a lot of desensitizing of violence so you become immune to it and you can freely kill over and over and over.
As do the video games these children immerse themselves in.

Why is it so hard for you guys to tell the difference between fiction and reality?

Fiction breeds reality.

No, it really doesn't.

Really? Then why is almost everything we have today originally started out in fiction many decades ago. The point is that Hollywood SELLS violence. Every action movie from the Marvel Comics to Batman to Teenage Mutant Turtles is based on graphic violence. If you can't see how this affects children, how graphic video games affects them, then you have some real cognitive denial issues!

There have been more studies on media violence and how it correlates to real violence than you can imagine... and guess what the results are?

Once there was even a case where one movie mogul tried to help a family sue director Oliver Stone. They lost.

Stereotype much? What does that have to do with the point of my post?

Fiction breeds reality.

No, it really doesn't.

Really? Then why is almost everything we have today originally started out in fiction many decades ago. The point is that Hollywood SELLS violence. Every action movie from the Marvel Comics to Batman to Teenage Mutant Turtles is based on graphic violence. If you can't see how this affects children, how graphic video games affects them, then you have some real cognitive denial issues!

I've read quite a few peer-reviewed psychology articles that explicitly disprove your point.

But I'm sure it's comforting to have something to blame.

Fiction breeds reality.

No, it really doesn't.

I've read quite a few peer-reviewed psychology articles that explicitly disprove your point.

I've read them too.

Stereotype much? What does that have to do with the point of my post?
We all know progressives idolize the Hollywood types like Michael Moore/Harvey Weinstein... :itsok:

They do? All the people speaking out on Weinstein are people IN Hollywood.

And you still can't stick to the topic.

Fiction breeds reality.

No, it really doesn't.

I've read them too.

Then why are you role-playing Tipper Gore?

Fiction breeds reality.

No, it really doesn't.

I've read them too.

Then why are you role-playing Tipper Gore?

Tipper didn't like Frank Zappa. I wrote her off quick.

Fiction breeds reality.

No, it really doesn't.

Then you should keep reading Doc until you get to the ones that support what I say. Who knows, you might even come across one of the ones I wrote myself on Applied Psychology. It isn't just violence in movies and on-line games. It is violence in the homes, and that doesn't even need to be physical violence, but merely emotional, then there is the violence in the world, most ESPECIALLY the violence in the schools, perpetrated on children by the schools themselves. I have about a HUNDRED articles on it I can send you! The school gets away with it under the euphemism: "Zero-Tolerance."

Fiction breeds reality.

No, it really doesn't.

Then you should keep reading Doc until you get to the ones that support what I say. Who knows, you might even come across one of the ones I wrote myself on Applied Psychology. It isn't just violence in movies and on-line games. It is violence in the homes, and that doesn't even need to be physical violence, but merely emotional, then there is the violence in the world, most ESPECIALLY the violence in the schools, perpetrated on children by the schools themselves. I have about a HUNDRED articles on it I can send you! The school gets away with it under the euphemism: "Zero-Tolerance."

There has been no legit studies that show that violence in media correlates to real violence.

How about you post something that proves otherwise?

So PRETENDING to shoot 17 people for "entertainment" purposes is ok?

What a person fills his mind with every day is what he becomes.
Everything about the liberal agenda teaches people to devalue life.

Then they wonder why life is devalued.

Forum List

Back