🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Holocaust Remembrance Day: The Real Lesson.

sealadaigh

Rookie
Mar 12, 2012
THE NO REP ZONE
Don't let racism win

Op-ed: Memory of Holocaust failed to protect us from becoming a society intolerant towards others
Ophir Pines-Paz

But the memory of the Holocaust, which taught us to beware of external threats, failed to protect us from the internal threat which is increasingly marking us as a society intolerant towards those living within it. Although the events of the Holocaust are deeply engraved in our collective memory, we failed to elevate the educational potential embodied in them. We were not wise enough to develop a wide anti-racist consciousness, which rises above the victim's point of view and fights all levels of racism.

Don't let racism win - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews

There is no doubt that the growing racism in Israel is fundamentally different from the mass and institutionalized racism which led to the systematic annihilation of Jews in the Holocaust. But we must not use our unique history to ignore the racism spreading within us.

Spot on.

Don't let racism win

Op-ed: Memory of Holocaust failed to protect us from becoming a society intolerant towards others
Ophir Pines-Paz

But the memory of the Holocaust, which taught us to beware of external threats, failed to protect us from the internal threat which is increasingly marking us as a society intolerant towards those living within it. Although the events of the Holocaust are deeply engraved in our collective memory, we failed to elevate the educational potential embodied in them. We were not wise enough to develop a wide anti-racist consciousness, which rises above the victim's point of view and fights all levels of racism.

Don't let racism win - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews
One writers opinion. Just as the US is called a "racist" society if pot holes aren't repaired.

What's true is a wave of dislike and mistrust of Islam and Shariah law that is sweeping across Western Europe and the US, for reasons we all know by now.

We should overcome the gaps between Mizrahis and Ashkenazis, Ethiopeans and Europeans, and all other secrots of society.

We have much to improve, yet we could be very well proud of that we indeed tried to do so all the time.

God bless Israel

• Banned
We should overcome the gaps between Mizrahis and Ashkenazis, Ethiopeans and Europeans, and all other secrots of society.

We have much to improve, yet we could be very well proud of that we indeed tried to do so all the time.

God bless Israel

i am sure you didn't miss thee author's point.

I did not. acceptance and tolerance should start from within, only then, when you at least accept your inner self, you can start fixing your problems with others.

Before putting all blame on US, Seal, tell, me, how should Israeli-Jews view this-

Arab students in Haifa university respect holocaust victims. The memory siren is heard, and they.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDW6_cc7cgA&feature=player_embedded]?????????? ??????? ??????????? ???? "??????" ??????? - YouTube[/ame]

I disagree, PatCat - but then I don't imagine Israel in terms such as 'racist' and 'apartheid' like some self-styled "pacifist humanitarians" do ..... I guess it's my lack of drek-colored glasses that's the problem.

Last edited:
Before putting all blame on US, Seal, tell, me, how should Israeli-Jews view this-

Arab students in Haifa university respect holocaust victims. The memory siren is heard, and they.....

?????????? ??????? ??????????? ???? "??????" ??????? - YouTube

how do you know they are arab students. for all we know, they ould be jewish students trying to pick up a few extra bucks or tuition by planning the catering of the barbecue thrown by the haredim outside yad vashem.

Haredi barbecue on Holocaust day sparks uproar | JPost | Israel News

if however,they are palestinian students, i think it is a very appropriate and peaceful response by them to a jewish tragedy that, in part, resulted in yawm an-nakba (the day of the catastrophe) a memorial day not unlike holocaust memorial day that deprived these young people of their future as a people, a nation. their history, that history, has been obliterated and erased form memory, or at least would be if israeli jews and the israeli government would have their prayers answered.

i understand the jewish people in israel have a raucus celebration on yawm an-nakba? (i have learned that lesson from you.)

i cannot believe that you are arguing with me about an article that calls for an end to racism.

I think it's more that your attempt to portray yourself as an unbiased individual is quite unbelievable to so many posters here.

Simply not being a Holocaust denier doesn't equate to not being biased or not having a hateful agenda in tow.

Last edited:
I think it's more that your attempt to portray yourself as an unbiased individual is quite unbelievable to so many posters here.

Simply not being a Holocaust denier doesn't equate to not being biased or not having a hateful agenda.

are you suggesting i should change my lifelong beliefs about colonial enterprise because jews/judaism are involved?

i have stated that i do not think that israel should have been created, particularly when the age of colonialism was ending. i have also stated that i saw no need for its existence, and particularly object to, in this modern age, that it insist upon being recognised as a jewish state, which is an anathema to democracy and especially considering it has a considerable arab population.

but beyond all this, i have also said that if israel came to a bona fide peace agreement with the palestinians that gives due consideration to the mandates of international law, addresses the refugee problem (with the help of the UN) and provides for a VIABLE palestinian state, that i woulod accept israel and dump arms.

if you choose to think of that as a hateful agenda, i will not attempt to dissuade you. however, you should realise that i am just on the other side of your, and your fellow zionists, far more hateful, and dishonest, agenda.

i have never tried to portray myself anything other than what i am. if people see that as unbiased, i am flattered as i always have strived for objectivity based upon the truth...and there is a truth beyond all the opinions. the trick is consistency.

where i to change my values in deference to your and other peoples judaism, then you may accurately call me an anti-semite and bigot. i would be treating you as some inferior that needs special treatment.

if you want and continue to pursue judea and samaria, you want war, and that is what you will get.

Last edited:
What a pity you didn't understand my post, Seal!

I wasn't stating that you have got a hateful agenda - much less presuming to describe it.

ALL that I stated was that the lack of Holocaust denial did not equate to an unbiased view or the absence of hateful agenda.

Too bad you chose to go run with it and attack me, and all Zionists, and Israel... to include the very silly posturing of making a threat.

What a pity you didn't understand my post, Seal!

I wasn't stating that you have got a hateful agenda - much less presuming to describe it.

ALL that I stated was that the lack of Holocaust denial did not equate to an unbiased view or the absence of hateful agenda.

Too bad you chose to go run with it and attack me, and all Zionists, and Israel... to include the very silly posturing of making a threat.

seriously? are we now going to have to footnote intent language after our posts.

you begin with language directed specifically at me and then you want me to believe that the second sentence is just a generaal comment having nothing at all to do with me.

we can nitpick each others wording forever. for instance, the plural "you" which you interpreted as singular. i do not, nor have i ever, made any threat in my entire life. what a silly thing to do.

"What a pity you didn't understand my post, Sealadeathvalley! I wasn't stating that you have got a hateful agenda - much less presuming to describe it. ALL that I stated was that the lack of Holocaust denial did not equate to an unbiased view or the absence of hateful agenda. Too bad you chose to go run with it and attack me, and all Zionists, and Israel... to include the very silly posturing of making a threat.

9giy35.gif

he doesn't hide his feelings about israel, jewish people....he's got issues.

i've never heard him "deny" anything. i'd probably be re-gurgitating
80ljawy.gif

that one. . . .and holocaust deniers: they're just a bunch of...weirdos.
action-smiley-017_zps92e85348.gif
yeah, it never happened. is that what they're going to say about 9/11 too ?

I disagree, PatCat - but then I don't imagine Israel in terms such as 'racist' and 'apartheid' like some self-styled "pacifist humanitarians" do ..... I guess it's my lack of drek-colored glasses that's the problem.
We all know, Marg, that anyone can write Opinion Pieces. Here's one regarding racism in the Arab world, and there are others on this subject. I doubt that Patrick is on other forums discussing racism in the Arab world and the Muslim world as a whole.

Rebecca Tinsley: The Great Taboo: Arab Racism

RACISTS are blind to their racism!
I guess Frau Sherri, then, has no problem with the way her Arab Muslim friends treat those of darker skin color. We would even get into how people of different religions are treated in the Muslim world since Frau Sherri also closes her eyes to this.

The author of the article was obviously refering to the racist way the Israelis treat the Palestinians.

Read my post again.

When Ashkenazi and Mizrahi Jews cannot accept the differences between themselves still, you cannot expect us to fix anything with the Palestinians.

As I said, world repair starts from within.

Forum List

Back