🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Holocaust Remembrance Day: The Real Lesson.

I think Seal's understanding of the law is flawed and inaccurate.

And the comparison is worthless: it is dismissive.

But then, I wouldn't expect anyone who feels 'Israel should never have existed' is able to be objective enough to understand the problems with such a view.

perhaps your opinion of my understanding and objectivity is subject to your own vested self interest in the matter. i have no vested interest in particular so, on the surface at least, it is you whose opinions are probably more subjective.

i am opposed to foreign colonisation and always have been. were the jews not involved at all and the colonisation continued under the british mandate, i would be no less opposed.

you really haven't said much. why is my opinion dismissive and worthless. why does my eeling that israel, modern israel, should never have existed call into question my objectivity.

why don't you tell me why it should have been created, and particularly at the expense of those indigenous people already there at the time. i assume that your answer, given your egalitarian beliefs, be consistant with other similar situations that might arise.

Haven't you watched "Exodus" with Paul Newman? The Arabs living there were invited to stay, but their representative (John Derek) said, "We choose to leave".

Haven't you watched "Exodus" with Paul Newman? The Arabs living there were invited to stay, but their representative (John Derek) said, "We choose to leave".

yes, i have seen the movie, "exodus."

i am deleting the post to which you are responding. it seemed "spat-worthy" and unnecessary as it was redundant to what i have said frequently. i actually delete a lot of my posts but i didn't get to this one on time. i am not trying to avoid anything other than a tedious, personal dispute.

for the same reason, i prefer not to discuss leon uris' adherence to historicaal accuracy nor dalton trumbo's political leanings, which i am sure had an effect on the screen play.

please have a modicum or respect for my intelligence, despite the numerous exaggerated claims that i am an idiot or worse. i would not offer to you as evidence of the nakba or deir yassen a movie from an arab director based upon a novel by an arab author.

i believe my objectivity was called into quesdtion.

I understand your POV deach----There were lots of
people in the USA who felt that the Irish immigration
to the USA should never have been allowed because
it was acted to the detriment of honest americans.

In the late 1800s there were Irish immigrants living
in the USA --in New York City who lynched blacks
who had come to the New York to escape oppression
in the South.

In the first and second centuries AD----the founder of
your cult --Constantine issued laws legalizing the genocide
of jews living in Israel/Judea for several thousand
years ---and in that time the name of the area became
"palestine" Within a few centuries of that the same
cult developed a system of genocide generally known as the
INQUISITION-----to 'cleanse and purify lands' ---that
led to the genocide of hundreds of millions---across
europe, asia, africa and the americas. Ever Impressed
with the greek, roman, and holy roman legacy of
the West ----muslims used similar laws to commit
even more massive genocides bits of which are still
ongoing.

that you feel justified in your position is
nothing remarkable ----so did Genghis Khan

Just curious, where did all of the Genocide start? Moses? Saul? David? .......Cain?
Could it be attributed more to human nature than culture or spiritual direction? Is it even possible, that the practice runs contrary to spiritual direction? Understand that my perspective is not questioning the Source, but the interpretation and application. What better example of Communion of Spirit can be exhibited, outside of living the Golden Rule?

you misunderstood me, but that is my fault for being unclear. i apologise for that.

the knesset has passed a law aimed to cut off public funding to those organisations that participate in commemorating yawm an-nakba.

but, i guess that is what a jewish democracy looks like.

Can you please tell me why shall Israeli taxes go to organizations which don't recognize Israel's right to exist?

This law makes total sense.

the law is broader than that.

it would be as if we had a law that refused to fund those organisations that acknowledged slavery.

No, the idea is that if they want to mention the Nakba, they can, please let them.

Not from MY money, though.

*That* is the main idea.

No one ignored or ignoreS history. IF they want to mention the tragedy that is Israel, they won't do it from my check payments.

Which seems more than fair to me.

Can you please tell me why shall Israeli taxes go to organizations which don't recognize Israel's right to exist?

This law makes total sense.

the law is broader than that.

it would be as if we had a law that refused to fund those organisations that acknowledged slavery.

No, the idea is that if they want to mention the Nakba, they can, please let them.

Not from MY money, though.

*That* is the main idea.

No one ignored or ignoreS history. IF they want to mention the tragedy that is Israel, they won't do it from my check payments.

Which seems more than fair to me.

they are your citisens, a lot of them.

they have a right to have their story told.

are you saying to me that arab israelis are ta exempt.

I didn't say they don't have the right to tell the story.

I say that if they see Israel's establishment as a "catastrophe", my money will not help funding that agenda.

There is no reason why they hands should be inside my wallet for that one.

I didn't say they don't have the right to tell the story.

I say that if they see Israel's establishment as a "catastrophe", my money will not help funding that agenda.

There is no reason why they hands should be inside my wallet for that one.

i believe they are saying it is a catastrophe for them...and they are your citisens.

the founding of israel was, and contiues to be, a catastrophe for the palestinians, including the palestinians who are israeli citisens.

but that's ok. go agead and try to wipe out their history.

Forum List

Back