Holy Crap!

I never knew that they could bite anything. I thought that they are blind.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I was trying to capture it because it was in the house. I did this as I always had, by throwing a towel in front of it when it was flying toward Me. I knocked it down and wrapped it up in the towel. But as I was moving toward the front door to let it out, it somehow managed to get its head free and Bite Me.

Little bastard.

I feel sorry for the next one, I may not let it go like I have the others.....

Of course, when it bit Me, I said, "Oooowwwww". But in a manly way.....

:saythat:
Very unlikely it has rabies, but those painful shots are necessary. I have then in my upstairs too. I just open the front door and coax them out. I don't have a fear of any creatutcr, EXCEPT bats. Mine look like flying German Shepards. Don't know the species.

I was bitten by a bat just an hour ago. Just got home from the hospital.

Sonofabitch!

Now I have to have rabies shots.

What a horrible year I'm having.:cranky:
On the bright side, this might be the new you...
Batman_DC_Comics.png
Doesnt the bat have to be radioactive?

Sonofabitch!

Yeah, you damn well better get rabies shots my man.

Sonofabitch!

Sorry to hear that.

My advice is to drink heavily before each shot.

Coincidentally, that's also my advice for job interviews, dinner parties, mowing the lawn, doing grocery shopping, visiting museums,. washing the car and lunch hour.

For future reference.

^^^ I pray that its biting you doesn't get you sick or worse in any way. I don't know if they are poisonous like snakes can be.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
No, it was just a normal North American brown bat. They are vectors for rabies though so I just managed to get home from My first course of rabies shots. 7 total with three to go over the next two weeks.

Sonofabitch!

Sorry to hear that.

My advice is to drink heavily before each shot.

Coincidentally, that's also my advice for job interviews, dinner parties, mowing the lawn, doing grocery shopping, visiting museums,. washing the car and lunch hour.

For future reference.
LOL

I had to have 7 of them. Four globulin shots (which are rabies antibodies, a rabies vaccine shot, and a tetanus shot. Pluse they had to inject some of the globulin into the bite site. I still have to get three more vaccine shots over the next two weeks.

The shots weren't as horrible as everyone was making it out to be. Hel, the male nurse looked like he wanted to put on Viking gear and console Me to be brave. Sheesh..

^^^ I pray that its biting you doesn't get you sick or worse in any way. I don't know if they are poisonous like snakes can be.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
No, it was just a normal North American brown bat. They are vectors for rabies though so I just managed to get home from My first course of rabies shots. 7 total with three to go over the next two weeks.
Good my man. Take care of that. You'll be fine.

How often do bats get in your house?! :eek:

Flue's are popular spots for bats... I lived in a house that had 3 flue's and was all the time fighting birds... One flue that was particularly bad for birds was for a old wood burning cookstove... The birds would get into the firebox and raise hell... My wife would never close the damper when there was no fire in the stove... Never had any problem with bats in the house, just birds... Now the barn was a different story...

Did Cuckoos ever nest in the stove? If so you could tell your friends about One Flue Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Yes terrible and not punny at all. But it's Whack-a-mole Saturday and I'm fresh outta moles.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I pray for a full recovery!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Bizarre story.
One problem going forward.....from now on the opposition can literally point to you as being "bat shit crazy".

They probably always called me that so it's not so bad.

Forum List

Back