Homosexual marriage very unethical.

Tell ya what, sugar, you go on up to the West Village, NYC, and tell me again how there aren't black gays.

Dang.... you live in a fantasy world.

You've got to be a plant, we know no one could possibly think like you.

Now you're chewing on straws jillian, n one said black gays are nonexistent, the statement that the Bass made was that blacks are the least gay of all races. We overwhelmingly reject homosexuality, therefore those black rare homos are found amongst whites and white areas, not blacks, where being gay will get you beat up and or shunned.

im so glad you people get to generalize and stereotype. Thank god we are not talking about watermelon and fried chicken.

The funny part is that white people eat fried chicken and watermelon almost as much as blacks. Watermelon in America was brought over by blacks from Africa so thank my ancestors for adding a fruit to the American diet.

Annual Redneck Games Draw Crowds

genthumb.ashx

EAST DUBLIN, Ga. (AP) -- The crowd stood at least six people deep Saturday for the most popular competition at the 12th annual Redneck Games in East Dublin -- the Mud Pit Belly Flop. Spectators cheered as they got splattered with red Georgia clay, all the muddier thanks to scattered downpours throughout the afternoon. The competition winner was a 17-year-old from Pennsylvania, a first-timer to the games, who took home one of the trophies, which come topped with a crushed beer can. The games started with contestants trying to ring posts with toilet seats in the Redneck Horseshoes competition, and continued with Bobbin' for Pigs Feet and a watermelon seed spitting contest.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Why can't homos keep their gayness to themselves ... Is it really that hard?

It depends on the extent to which you're talking about keeping it to themselves.

I feel you on not wanting to see people tongue-kissing in provocative outfits on the street. That's pretty tacky. Lewd public behavior should be avoided.

But really, don't you ever show romantic affection towards your wife/girlfriend in public? Holding hands, kiss on the cheek, that sort of thing? Perhaps it wouldn't be all that hard to restrain yourself from ever doing such things, but surely you wouldn't want to. Does it really strike you as reasonable to expect certain couples to vigiliantly refrain from such innocuous gestures?

Further along the spectrum, there is a tendency for the human eye to be drawn to what it finds attractive. All but the truly hypervigilant will, on occasion, even ogle - unintentionally and briefly, of course, if they have any manners. These tendencies reveal to the observant the tastes of the attracted person. Guarding against these tendencies so completely that someone who knows you wouldn't be able to tell if you're straight or gay would indeed be hard. It would also be hard, and unhealthy, to continually intentionally display these tendencies towards people you're not actually attracted to in order to give a false impression of heterosexuality.

Truly, totally hiding one's sexuality is indeed difficult and not really good for you. It should not be expected of poeple. Not lewdly flaunting one's sexuality in general public is just good manners. This should be expected of people. In the reasonable middle ground, you could indeed tell if a guy is gay if you're paying attention; if that's unacceptable to you then I think your position is unreasonable.

instead of trying to make others accept it?

I'd think it pretty clear why people wouldn't want to be "beaten up and/or shunned." Being accepted - to the extent of not being subject to life-disrupting castigations - is indeed a just goal. Being celebrated is not (gay pride parades, for example, strike me as pretty stupid - fun, but inherently stupid). Being specially catered to or even welcomed is not. Being allowed to live and work without being specially targeted for abuse or ostracism is.

Last edited:
Now you're chewing on straws jillian, n one said black gays are nonexistent, the statement that the Bass made was that blacks are the least gay of all races. We overwhelmingly reject homosexuality, therefore those black rare homos are found amongst whites and white areas, not blacks, where being gay will get you beat up and or shunned.

Interesting... Most of the people Dahmer killed were black gays. Why? Because they were easily accessible. He lived in a predominately BLACK area which was populated with...well... BLACK GAYS. I'm not thinking you overwhelmingly reject it THAT much.

Interesting... Most of the people Dahmer killed were black gays. Why? Because they were easily accessible. He lived in a predominately BLACK area which was populated with...well... BLACK GAYS. I'm not thinking you overwhelmingly reject it THAT much.

He lived in black neighborhood, but picked up hardly any black gays there, thats a fact.

Whites accept gays more than blacks, we explicitly reject homosexuality and black homos can't walk around in black neighborhoods, nor are there gay bars and clubs in black neighborhoods, they live and go to where the whites are. You have no evidence that blacks are just as gay as whites are.

See my previous message. You're dead wrong. Granted, Milwaukee (Wisconsin) isn't the largest city in the US (Shut UP, Gunny), but it sure as fuck isn't the smallest. The far north side is populated by more than 80% blacks. The east side is populated by about 70% black, 20% other ethnicities, and 10% yuppie white folks that think it's "cool" to live in such a diverse, eccentric area.

More than 50% of those blacks are *easily* identifiable as gay on any given street. The rest are flaming drag queens.

The way I see it, you have no evidence that blacks are NOT "just as gay as whites".

He lived in black neighborhood, but picked up hardly any black gays there, thats a fact.

You're wrong. He lived in a black neighboorhood, AND picked them up there. The bars he frequented were within 10-15 minutes of his house. HHe also picked them up on the very bus stops he used to get to work, and to said bars. Having grown up in that city, I know all of the key areas very well. You know where he DIDN'T pick up any black gays? Where *I* lived. West Allis. Half a mile from his grandmothers house.

For the record, you guys DO have the legs for red heels, tho. Tho, you may want to do something about your taste in jewelry. It's a bit gaudy. :thup:

You're wrong. He lived in a black neighboorhood, AND picked them up there. The bars he frequented were within 10-15 minutes of his house. HHe also picked them up on the very bus stops he used to get to work, and to said bars. Having grown up in that city, I know all of the key areas very well. You know where he DIDN'T pick up any black gays? Where *I* lived. West Allis. Half a mile from his grandmothers house.

Dude, show some proof. Black gays are rejected and reviled in the black community, while white sodomites walk around freely in their biker hats and butt-less biker pants in white communities, there practically no comparison here. The Bass himself lives in a racially mixed[but predominately black] small city here in Misissippi and no sodomite can walk around here. In the inner cities its much worst.

Dude, show some proof. Black gays are rejected and reviled in the black community, while white sodomites walk around freely in their biker hats and butt-less biker pants in white communities, there practically no comparison here. The Bass himself lives in a racially mixed[but predominately black] small city here in Misissippi and no sodomite can walk around here. In the inner cities its much worst.

Dude? I think not. Female. Tho, if you can't tell the difference between a male and a female, I sure as hell don't expect you to tell the difference between black and white.

Proof? If your post above were true, MOST of his victims would have been white, no? Here you go - All 17 viictims:

Victims:
Jun 1978 - Stephen Hicks - WHITE
Sep 1987 - Steven Toumi - Unknown - unable to find pic.
Oct 1987 - Jamie Doxtator - BLACK
Mar 1988 - Richard Guerrero - MEXICAN?
Feb 1989 - Anthony Sears - BLACK
Jun 1990 - Eddie Smith - BLACK
Jul 1990 - Ricky Beeks - BLACK
Sep 1990 - Ernest Miller - BLACK
Sep 1990 - David Thomas - BLACK
Feb 1991 - Curtis Straughter - BLACK
Apr 1991 - Errol Lindsey - BLACK
May 1991 - Tony Hughes - BLACK
May 1991 - Konerak Sinthasomphone - ASIAN
Jun 1991 - Matt Turner - BLACK
Jul 1991 - Jeremiah Weinberger - BLACK
Jul 1991 - Oliver Lacy BLACK
Jul 1991 - Joseph Bradeholt - WHITE

Flaming gayness is more accepted in urban areas than rural ones, true.

ALL deviations from the norm are more accepted in urban areas than rural ones.

duh!

Some real proof:

Black clergy rejection stirs gay marriage backers

Black clergy rejection stirs gay marriage backers
By Michael Paulson, Globe Staff | February 10, 2004

The three major associations of Greater Boston's black clergy, exercising their considerable influence within the minority community and asserting moral authority on civil rights matters, have shaken up the debate over same-sex marriage with their insistence that the quest by gays and lesbians for marriage licenses is not a civil rights issue.

The Black Ministerial Alliance, the Boston Ten Point Coalition, and the Cambridge Black Pastors Conference issued a joint statement this weekend opposing gay marriage.

In response, gay and lesbian African-Americans are hastily pulling together an organization they say will seek to end their invisibility within the black church.

But the region's black pastors, some long associated with liberal political causes, say they are proud to be speaking out on an issue they consider to be hugely important. Several said that gay marriage would contribute to the further erosion of traditional family structure in the black community.

"As black preachers, we are progressive in our social consciousness, and in our political ideology as an oppressed people we will often be against the status quo, but our first call is to hear the voice of God in our Scriptures, and where an issue clearly contradicts our understanding of Scripture, we have to apply that understanding," said the Rev. Gregory G. Groover Sr., pastor of Charles Street African Methodist Episcopal Church in Boston.

African-American advocates of gay marriage were horrified by the pastors' statement, issued on the weekend before the state constitutional convention at which lawmakers were expected to debate a constitutional amendment to preserve marriage as a heterosexual institution.

"Martin Luther King [Jr.] is rolling over in his grave at a statement like this," said state Representative Byron Rushing, a Boston Democrat and an active Episcopal layman. "They are not acknowledging the responsibility that any people have who have been able to struggle and gain civil rights, which is that you have to then support others who are seeking civil rights."

A handful of leading black clergy in Boston are prominent supporters of gay marriage, but all work in historically white denominations. They include the Rev. William G. Sinkford, president of the Unitarian Universalist Association; the Rev. Peter J. Gomes, the American Baptist minister who is minister of Harvard University's Memorial Church; and Bishop Gayle E. Harris, a suffragan bishop in the Episcopal diocese of Massachusetts.

But within historically black churches, where most black Protestants worship, there appears to be a near consensus that marriage should be defined as the union of a man and a woman. Among those who have voiced their opposition are the Rev. Ray A. Hammond, pastor of Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Jamaica Plain, the Rev. Eugene F. Rivers III, pastor of the Azusa Christian Community, and the Rev. Jeffrey L. Brown, pastor of Union Baptist Church in Cambridge.

"The decision was not very difficult, because our faith forces us to recognize something that is biblical and that history has affirmed," said the Rev. Wesley A. Roberts, president of the Black Ministerial Alliance, which represents about 80 churches with 20,000 to 30,000 members.

Bishop Gilbert A. Thompson Sr., who as pastor of New Covenant Christian Church in Mattapan heads the largest Protestant congregation in Massachusetts, said black ministers have many reasons for speaking out against gay marriage.

"We're weighing in on this because we're concerned with the epidemic rate of fatherlessness in America and in our community, and we don't think gay marriage helps that cause," he said.

Thompson said he believes that homosexuality is a choice and that "to say there is such a thing as a gay Christian is saying there's an honest thief," because gay people can choose not to act on their homosexual impulses.

"I've read that [former presidential candidate] Carol Moseley Braun didn't see any difference between same-sex marriage and interracial marriage, but we believe the difference is enormous," Thompson said. "Today, we look back with scorn at those who twisted the law to make marriage serve a racist agenda, and I believe our descendants will look back the same way at us if we yield to the same kind of pressure a radical sexual agenda is placing on us today. Just as it's distorting the equation of marriage if you press race into it, it's also distorting if you subtract gender."

The black ministers' statement was welcomed by other opponents of gay marriage, who say it inoculates them from accusations that they were opposed to civil rights.

"The Black Ministerial Alliance is eminently qualified to speak to this particular issue and to clearly state that it is not a civil right issue," said the Rev. David M. Midwood, the president of Vision New England, an umbrella organization of evangelical Protestant churches.

Black gays and lesbians, who have been increasingly concerned since the Black Ministerial Alliance joined the statewide Coalition for Marriage, are starting to speak up.

"Their terminology and reasoning is similar to that of segregationists and racists who have worked hard to keep blacks from attaining full citizenship," said Jacquie Bishop, 39, of Boston.

Pamela K. Johnson, 40, of Boston, who worships at the predominantly African-American Union United Methodist Church in the South End, called the statement "hurtful."

"The idea that gay people are somehow on the list of major concerns eroding the black family is ridiculous," Johnson said. "The real issues impacting our community impact us all, gay and straight."

And Judah-Abijah Dorrington, 47, of Framingham, who attends the Church of God and Saints of Christ in Boston with her partner of 22 years, said, "The statements being made are exactly the statements that have divided the black community for ages."

Christina Cobb, a 38-year-old financial consultant from Boston who attends Trinity Church, said she is organizing an alliance of black gays and lesbians in response to the ministers' statement.

"My great-grandfather was a black minister in the Methodist Church. I come from a long line of ministers, so this really hits home for me," Cobb said. "When you have the Black Ministerial Alliance speaking against us, and they're the only black faces you're seeing speaking about marriage, we're up against a wall where we finally have to step up and say, `We're not invisible.' "

Scholars say the ministers' statement should come as no surprise. Gays and lesbians rarely play a prominent role in black churches.

"What you're stumbling across is the traditional stance of the African-American church, which is that marriage is sacred and unique to men and women," said the Rev. Imani-Sheila Newsome-Camara, a United Methodist minister who is an assistant professor of theology at Boston University. "Marriage was traditionally undervalued in slave communities, not by slaves, but by owners, so the black religious institutions sought to give African-Americans legitimacy as human beings, and that history has been woven together with the theology that God created man and woman for marriage."

Michael Paulson can be reached at [email protected].

Black clergy rejection stirs gay marriage backers - The Boston Globe

As one can see, the press for gay marriage amongst blacks is almost nil from blacks, except from black sodomites which should come as no surprise given that they are sodomites, duh!

As one can see, the press for gay marriage amongst blacks is almost nil from blacks, except from black sodomites which should come as no surprise given that they are sodomites, duh!

MLKJ was a sodomite? Heh. I wonder if his wife knows.
Fortunately there is good news. Yes, America, some blacks support gay marriage. Start with Coretta Scott King and Dorothy Height, the two most prominent women in the civil rights movement. Mrs. King picked up the torch left by her husband, Martin Luther King Jr., and has extended her support for civil rights to include the rights of non-blacks as well. Meanwhile, Dr. Height, the longtime leader of the National Council of Negro Women, has been a stalwart supporter as well.

Blacks and Marriage | keithboykin.com

It depends on the area you're in. Your little hick town probably does refuse to accept it. My little hick town refuses to accept gays whether they're black, white, blue, or purple.

Larger cities, on the other hand, tend to be a LOT more forgiving, and accepting. Odds are pretty good that for every article you can pull denouncing it, someone else can pull another in favor of it.

MLKJ was a sodomite? Heh. I wonder if his wife knows.

Blacks and Marriage | keithboykin.com

It depends on the area you're in. Your little hick town probably does refuse to accept it. My little hick town refuses to accept gays whether they're black, white, blue, or purple.

Larger cities, on the other hand, tend to be a LOT more forgiving, and accepting. Odds are pretty good that for every article you can pull denouncing it, someone else can pull another in favor of it.

MLK never supported the idea of two men spraying seminal fluid on each others butt cheeks and the Bass is from the south where most blacks live and almost none of us support the idea of fudgepackers getting married.

MLK never supported the idea of two men spraying seminal fluid on each others butt cheeks and the Bass is from the south where most blacks live and almost none of us support the idea of fudgepackers getting married.

for someone who claims to be offended by gays, you sure like talking about what they do. someone who was really offended would be squeamish abou talking about the detes....

methinks you protest too much. lol...

You're starting to sound a little angry.. Tsktsk. :D

for someone who claims to be offended by gays, you sure like talking about what they do. someone who was really offended would be squeamish abou talking about the detes....

methinks you protest too much. lol...

You don't understand, homosexuality is a threat, that like racism, must be stopped at all costs. Two men injecting semen in each others anuses is not only morally wrong, bt ethically, spiritually, mentally and health-wise wrong.

Forum List

Back