Homosexuals and divorced people will have to continue to endure God's lack of permission to do what they want to do

Homosexuals and divorced people will have to continue to endure God's lack of permission to do what they want to do​

Not true. His Noodliness doesn't care...

d606ade23e8b938336c46082773644e5

there's no escaping the fact that God does not approve of homosexual sex.

Scripture also has no patience with eating cheeseburgers and mixing wool with linen.

Didn't you overlook those prohibitions?

I was at a meeting for writers and a homosexual woman read everything in the Bible that condemns homosexuality.

I'm not sure what her goal was, but she ended up convincing me: there's no escaping the fact that God does not approve of homosexual sex.
The fact is that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists – the only disapproval is that of humans, the consequence of man’s fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate.

I'm a divorced Catholic. I'm in the same boat as homosexuals. God disapproves of us having sex with who we want to have sex with.

I looked to escape with the Episcopalians, who will say it's OK for divorced people to get married again.

But the Episcopalian priest told me that some members of his church don't believe in the Eucharist and he's OK with that.

So the Episcopalian Church is a house built on sand. I doubt it will still exist a few generations from now.
The rift between the Catholic Church and the Church of England is alive and well.

Just so you know...
That where I can appreciate your dedication to a denomination the passages of scripture (Matthew 19) that the Catholic church is drawing upon for this particular theological principle is incongruous with the rest of what Jesus taught. Even the Micah passage speaks more to favor you than her in this instance.

Look, I'm no fan of divorce. It is a soul crushing thing to most people. God and I both hate things that hurt people.
I am also not a fan of remarriage after divorce because so few of them are successful marriages. (Only about ⅓)
And the failure of a second marriage makes your heart very callous towards marriage.

But there is more than one acceptable interpretation of the Matthew 19 passage that includes the anthropology of that day and time. The Catholic Church made a decision about this passage during a political power struggle. (Not exactly a good idea) and it got re-enforced during the English Reformation. They made their doctrine ex-cathedra poorly.

Don't get me wrong...I love many things and doctrines in the Catholic Church...their stance on life is very simple and congruent.... perfect. It's their best doctrines.

But there is forgiveness for divorce. You don't get a checkmark by your name for being previously married. But... second marriages have a very slim chance of working. Especially if you still blame everything of the first marriage's failure on your ex-wife. The second won't work either.

It just won't be a successful marriage either and she will leave too. But there is a chance...it's a slim one. You and the church can disagree on some things like divorce and remarriage....it's a minor doctrinal issue. They aren't the Final Arbiter...I think that Jesus has that job.

I'm not sure what her goal was, but she ended up convincing me: there's no escaping the fact that God does not approve of homosexual sex.
Then why did He invent it?
We all have our lot in life. Where do we draw the line on what is good for a society to continue? What we see today is all based on a culture that better keep seeing the wheels greased with fiat currency and no huge economic decline.

I'm a divorced Catholic. I'm in the same boat as homosexuals. God disapproves of us having sex with who we want to have sex with.

I looked to escape with the Episcopalians, who will say it's OK for divorced people to get married again.

But the Episcopalian priest told me that some members of his church don't believe in the Eucharist and he's OK with that.

So the Episcopalian Church is a house built on sand. I doubt it will still exist a few generations from now.

It's not even God, is it? It's just those humans who wrote the Bible.

Hello Blackrook,
Is this topic open for spiritual discussion or just from a worldly point of view of man's rules?
There is so much more than meets the eye, once you get under the skin of it.
I've had 2 divorces and God still loves me.
Hugs

Aww, angwy white guy is angwy
Need to find a Safe Sapce because normal thinking folks called you out on your Cray-Cray?

Safe Spaces are down the hall to the LEFT !!!
John T. Ford:
..."Everyone knows the Democrats stole the election."

Bodecea:
"'Everyone knows the Democrats stole the election'..... :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: What a maroon!"

John T. Ford:
"Well ... let me rephrase that.
Everyone with a two digit IQ."

Last edited:

Hello Blackrook,
Is this topic open for spiritual discussion or just from a worldly point of view of man's rules?
Hugs
To say "God loves me" is to miss the point.

If the Prodigal Son has not returned to his father, the father would still have loved him.

The father's forgiveness requires only a single step in his direction.

But, the step is required.

Hello Blackrook,
Hugs
To say "God loves me" is to miss the point.

If the Prodigal Son has not returned to his father, the father would still have loved him.

The father's forgiveness requires only a single step in his direction.

But, the step is required.
The key word in the prodigal son story is "standing" which is a symbolism of his desire to be of service and humbled towards those he had wronged. It's the word picture explanation of repentance.
That's the reason the father in the story restored him to full sonship again.

I don't see how the prodigal son fits the mold of this thread though.
He wasn't divorced or homosexual.

I don't see either of these as having wronged somebody.
Most times the feeling is mutual.

But other people might feel offended if someone is divorced or homosexual.
I don't believe we are supposed to put our selves in service or humble ourselves to the world because of it.

If you get divorced you say Lord I'm sorry I made a wrong choice in a partner and move on.
If you are homosexual you say Lord I come as I am.
I don't believe homosexuality is a choice. I believe people are born with certain tendencies,
and their effections towards each other if they are within the bounds of mutual love and respect,
what need is there for forgiveness.

Your still talking about worldly things. These are not the true spiritual meanings of divorce or homosexuality.

The only way I see the prodigal son fitting into this is if you consider the son leaving the father to chase after the world.
And when he realizes the world has nothing to offer him but sorrow and despair, he asks to come back to the one that loves him.
Divorce is a picture of us seperating ourselves from God. We divorce him. And seek to be reunited.
Homosexuality as a sin is when someone prostitutes themselves to the world.
And it's not about love between partners but more about just sexual pleasures and carelesness.
Men would prostitute themselves for gain. Money, prestige, certain positions in society.. not about love.

Moses allowed a bill of divorcement, leaving the door open for a chance to return.
Otherwise there would have been no recourse. No chance or reuniting.

If you get a divorce and then choose to be reconciled then it's between you and your God.
If you get divorced and marry another, you pick up other practices, other customs, some would call pagan.
And then to return to God you would bring this baggage with you.
Then you need forgiveness and pray he removes the baggage from you and your devotion is as it was in the beginning.

Moses was a hebrew. He grew up under egyptian gods and practices. He left Egypt and God found him.
He went back to egypt and freed gods people. those that had forgotten from where they came.
When they left, a lot of egyptians joined them. And they brought a lot of the gods and customs with them.
These polluted the children and made the reuniting difficult. They were not able to cross over until that whole generation had passed away. Then they could begin anew.

We humans just enjoy looking for things to divide us. We enjoy pointing fingers at others because they're not like us.
We are so perfect. God doesn't see things the way humans do.
Thank God..

Hugs

Only a fool would think God has control of anything.

I was at a meeting for writers and a homosexual woman read everything in the Bible that condemns homosexuality.

The fact is that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists – the only disapproval is that of humans, the consequence of man’s fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate.
You always say the same bullshit, Clayton, every single time.

I am bored with you.

Scripture also has no patience with eating cheeseburgers and mixing wool with linen.

The gentlemen who wrote the scriptures worshipped God the good who created animals and mankind. He thought that roasting a baby animal in its mother's milk was unconscionable. The scriptures are considered Holy when a large majority believes a point of sensitivity has truth embedded in its practice. These writings had points of discussion well discussed, and majority rule has been a tried and true method of determining which behaviors produce joy in the human heart. They never poisoned the well. Tried and true has a lot more agreement than whining.

Oh, yes. I did not write the rules, but I know what the rules are.

The gentlemen who wrote the scriptures worshipped God the good who created animals and mankind. He thought that roasting a baby animal in its mother's milk was unconscionable. The scriptures are considered Holy when a large majority believes a point of sensitivity has truth embedded in its practice. These writings had points of discussion well discussed, and majority rule has been a tried and true method of determining which behaviors produce joy in the human heart. They never poisoned the well. Tried and true has a lot more agreement than whining.

The scriptures are considered Holy when a large majority believes a point of sensitivity has truth embedded in its practice. These writings had points of discussion well discussed, and majority rule has been a tried and true method of determining which behaviors produce joy in the human heart.
the majority throughout history have been oppressive and responsible for the persecution and victimization of the innocent w/ the full blessing those congregations have worked to insure their unholy dominance be insured.
1624711702703.png

that majority today sought an insurrection to overthrow the constitutional gov't of the usa and work daily to maintain their fraudulent christian religion to remain as they have always used it for their nefarious purposes.

At some point, Man will lose his satanic spirit and stop killing God's creation. Man is the only reason we're not at this verse yet:

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them

The scriptures are considered Holy when a large majority believes a point of sensitivity has truth embedded in its practice. These writings had points of discussion well discussed, and majority rule has been a tried and true method of determining which behaviors produce joy in the human heart.
the majority throughout history have been oppressive and responsible for the persecution and victimization of the innocent w/ the full blessing those congregations have worked to insure their unholy dominance be insured.
View attachment 505744
that majority today sought an insurrection to overthrow the constitutional gov't of the usa and work daily to maintain their fraudulent christian religion to remain as they have always used it for their nefarious purposes.
Your ignorance of the pentateuch is staggering. It was written thousands of years ago and is credited to Moses who would not approve of the KKK considering that he was married to a woman of color.

You're playing with fire buster.

1624711702703.png
And the Democrats still continue the tradition:

GettyImages_1198667588.7.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back