🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hours after Trump says US won’t be taken advantage of, Pacific nations reach deal without America

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Trump's tantrum didn't work.

US left out as Pacific trade deal achieved

DANANG, Vietnam – President Donald Trump delivered a fiery speech on trade here Friday, declaring that he would not allow the United States to be “taken advantage of anymore” and planned to place “America first.”

And then, less than 24-hours later, 11 Pacific-Rim countries collectively shrugged and moved on without the U.S.

On Saturday, the countries announced they had reached a deal to move ahead with the Trans-Pacific Partnership free-trade pact that Trump threw into question when he withdrew from it earlier this year.
<more>

DANANG, Vietnam – President Donald Trump delivered a fiery speech on trade here Friday, declaring that he would not allow the United States to be “taken advantage of anymore” and planned to place “America first.”

And then, less than 24-hours later, 11 Pacific-Rim countries collectively shrugged and moved on without the U.S.

On Saturday, the countries announced they had reached a deal to move ahead with the Trans-Pacific Partnership free-trade pact that Trump threw into question when he withdrew from it earlier this year.
<more>

Let them sell rice to each other. We will get the steel and shrimp cheaper.

I'm glad he withdrew the US, it will be a much more equitable deal. For example, the US hated the idea of Pharmac, the national drug buying body which was able to use national buying power to lever good deals with suppliers; but the US was never going to open its dairy markets in return for the dismantling of Pharmac.

54956590a8830135fc7b005056a9545d

<more>

Let them sell rice to each other. We will get the steel and shrimp cheaper.
:rolleyes:

<more>

I'm sure that Japan and South Korea are anxious to let China make massive trade surplus at their expense.

NOT.

Good for Trump. and Good for America.

Were it not for the FACT that nothing Trump can EVER do will appease his opposition this article might have some merit.

:Oh noes! Some Tird World Nations made an agreement without the USA dictating the terms! We are gonners!'

Lol, well, maybe a tiny amount of merit.

<more>
Now, as a collective group, they get to compete against the U.S. instead of with us

Well, one day we will have honest Congressmen, and Democrats with integrity and Republicans with a spine, lol.
NOT IN THIS LIFETIME PAL

Lol, you may be right, but the Oligarchs monopoly of C3I in our society is breaking down and they are going to be dealing with a much more educated and informed public who will have thrid party vetting sources and financial networks the Oligarchs cannot control.

The modern world that gave us the todays financial oligarchs is evolving into a new thing that I dont quite have a picture of in my mind yet.

But I am working on it.

<more>
So what...

Piss on them.

Weird......I've been paying attention to what was going on while you jag-offs were patting yourselves on the back for your overblown wins in Virginia and NJ.
I see nothing of the sort.
Fact is, Asia has a lot more respect for Trump than they showed to Obama the last time he was there.
The media intentionally censored this. Even made up a fake Koya scandal.

Meanwhile, China is pushing its own trade group, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, which includes 16 nations accounting for 39% of global GDP. While that deal isn’t as ambitious in promoting free trade as TPP, it bolsters China’s economic influence. The irony is that by leaving TPP Mr. Trump is letting China extend its mercantilism, which promotes its “national champions,” more broadly at the expense of the U.S.

The U.S. simply doesn’t have the economic leverage to force Asian nations to make big concessions in bilateral agreements. Perhaps it did in the 1980s, when Mr. Trump’s understanding of world trade seems to have stopped. Then the U.S. was the destination market for the bulk of Asia’s production. Countries have many other destinations for goods and services, and companies are focused on trade within the rapidly growing region. Complex supply chains have made bilateral trade deals less important, and mulilateral rules often trump bilateral trade terms.

Trump’s Pacific Trade Tear

Weird......I've been paying attention to what was going on while you jag-offs were patting yourselves on the back for your overblown wins in Virginia and NJ.
I see nothing of the sort.
Fact is, Asia has a lot more respect for Trump than they showed to Obama the last time he was there.
The media intentionally censored this. Even made up a fake Koya scandal.
Trump can now say that he was in Vietnam and he has a Purple Heart. So there`s that!

I'm sure that Japan and South Korea are anxious to let China make massive trade surplus at their expense.

NOT.

Hilarious. One of the major reasons the US got on board TPP in the first place was to isolate China, which was not part of the deal. Now US influence in the region has diminished and China has a chance to fill a trade vacuum.

Best POTUS evah!

Forum List

Back