House nixes funds for Komen over PP ties

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Well done, GOP, well done

US House nixes funding for Komen over Planned Parenthood ties

WASHINGTON, D.C., July 16, 2015 – Pro-life Republicans in the House of Representatives amended a commemorative coin bill to cut Susan G. Komen for the Cure off from a potential $4.75 million in revenues. This because the breast cancer research charity funds Planned Parenthood (PP), America's largest abortion provider.

The Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Act was passed by the House 429 to 1 Wednesday afternoon after all references to Susan G. Komen for the Cure were removed. It now calls for the minting of gold and silver commemorative coins bearing a design about breast cancer research, with the profits going solely to the New York-based Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

A Republican aide told Roll Call the GOP was "working to ensure that charitable organizations which receive funding from this legislation are 100 percent focused on diagnosing, treating, and curing breast cancer." Komen spends 20 percent of its budget on research.

Behind the GOP were two powerful social conservative organizations: the Heritage Foundation and the Family Research Council. FRC's chief, Tony Perkins, applauded the amendment, linking it to Susan G. Komen's controversial funding of PP. "It is past time for the federal government to stop funding Planned Parenthood, an organization that has provided cover for sex traffickers, engaged in gender targeting, and is known for dirty, bloody clinics."

US House nixes funding for Komen over Planned Parenthood ties News LifeSite

Take it to them, GOP

GOP REP: ‘I DON’T CARE HOW MUCH POLITICAL WEIGHT PLANNED PARENTHOOD THROWS AROUND,’ ‘NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW’

In a press conference on Wednesday, Rep. Martha Roby offered an impassioned response to a much-publicized activist video that suggests Planned Parenthood harvests tissue from aborted fetuses for profit

According to Roby, that organization doesn’t have the authority to overstep the law, despite its political clout in Washington, D.C.

“I appreciate the House Leadership and the Committees of jurisdiction for quickly laying the groundwork for investigations and hearings,” she said. “Congress is right to use its oversight capacity to get to the bottom of this and hold this organization to account. But I think this warrants a criminal investigation – a serious one. I don’t care how much political weight Planned Parenthood throws around this town, no one is above the law. If we’re going to be ‘perp walking’ soccer officials, how about let’s bear down on harvesting and trafficking of babies’ body parts.”

GOP Rep I Don t Care How Much Political Weight Planned Parenthood Throws Around No One Is Above the Law - Breitbart

Mia Love
8 mins ·
I am calling for a Congressional investigation of Planned Parenthood, after watching that undercover video. That official is so casual about harvesting an unborn baby's body parts and selling them. I am deeply outraged. Planned Parenthood should have its federal funding withdrawn.

I'm wondering...since a human's eyeballs are the same size from birth to death, is PP trafficking in peepers? That would be a money-maker alright.

I don't think the "heavily edited video" excuse is going to help Planned Parenthood. People are pissed off

I don't think the "heavily edited video" excuse is going to help Planned Parenthood. People are pissed off

Don't think it's edited. Dana Loesch said last night that she saw the whole unedited video that was 2+ hours long. The same reality came across that came across in the edited versions. Was that a fine chianti the abortion doctor in the video was drinking.......sssss......sssss.......ssssss.......sssss?

Don't think it's edited. Dana Loesch said last night that she saw the whole unedited video that was 2+ hours long. The same reality came across that came across in the edited versions. Was that a fine chianti the abortion doctor in the video was drinking.......sssss......sssss.......ssssss.......sssss?

I've been hearing the unedited version is just as damning

I can guarantee you that the PP release/consent form has something hidden in the fine print about "donating tissue to science" that alleviates them from legal prosecution.

I can guarantee you that the PP release/consent form has something hidden in the fine print about "donating tissue to science" that alleviates them from legal prosecution.

Perhaps but there is too much in the video, she basically admitted they were performing illegal abortions to obtain desired body parts. I don't see them getting around that

Perhaps but there is too much in the video, she basically admitted they were performing illegal abortions to obtain desired body parts. I don't see them getting around that

Hopefully. According to the vid, they still accept money for body parts, whether they are making a profit or not. At the least, it pays for the electric bill.

You can see the full video here-
The Center for Medical Progress

I've been hearing the unedited version is just as damning

Loretta Lynch's DOJ will ignore this same as Holder would have...they won't prosecute their pals at PP and in another 18 months statute of limitations will apply. The only good that can come of this is that they lose their government funding....might put them out of business.

I see them now asking, "Are the baby's father's eyes blue too?"

Those who are against breast cancer research funding ... What about when its you or someone you love?

Those who are against breast cancer research funding ... What about when its you or someone you love?

Didn't read the article did you, clown?

It now calls for the minting of gold and silver commemorative coins bearing a design about breast cancer research, with the profits going solely to the New York-based Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Not to distract from the topic but it's time to yank the remaining funding for NPR and PBS also....they're as guilty as PP of systematic destruction of young brains....has anybody heard Tavis Smiley lately? he sounds like a black panther organizer.

Maybe. But what they are going to get nailed on is altering the procedure to accommodate donation. They can't do that. It's a huge felony.

Forum List

Back