House Passes MORE Act Which Decriminalizes Marijuana

It isn’t assumed. You have tested positive. How high you still feel is your problem.

You tested positive for something in your system, not for being impaired or intoxicated. Once it is no longer illegal to have it in your system, then you are testing positive only for a legal substance in your system. It is incumbent upon the Govt to prove you were impaired or intoxicated, as those are what is against the law while driving.

You tested positive for something in your system, not for being impaired or intoxicated. Once it is no longer illegal to have it in your system, then you are testing positive only for a legal substance in your system. It is incumbent upon the Govt to prove you were impaired or intoxicated, as those are what is against the law while driving.
And that is what is going to kill the bill. With entities like M.A.D.D., insurance companies, and law enforcement lobbying against this. It’s an uphill battle at best. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t care if people smoke pot. I do care very much about my kids not getting killed by a stoner driving down the road. And I’m not the only parent who feels that way. As far as I’m concerned. A positive test is sufficient for a guilty verdict by a jury, or insurance company; till a better test comes along.

Nope. The government doesn't need to prove impairment at all. Alcohol is legal, the limit is 0.08 in California. No need to get to intoxication.

Unfortunately, all the State has to do is rhrow a police report into evidence saying you appeared intoxicated on a pupil test or a motor skills test. And you will be convicted or be forced to plead out.

Also, the science shows impairment of cognitive and motor abilities persists for several days after Marijuana usage. So the employer restrictions on Marijuana use generally aren't going anywhere, no matter how legal it becomes.

The government doesn't need to prove impairment at all

Of course it does. The charge against the person is Driving Under the Influence or Driving While Intoxicated/Impaired

Alcohol is legal, the limit is 0.08 in California. No need to get to intoxication.

That is the legal limit set for intoxication, anything above that is legally defined as intoxication.

There needs to be the same sort of test for pot.

Of course it does. The charge against the person is Driving Under the Influence or Driving While Intoxicated/Impaired

That is the legal limit set for intoxication, anything above that is legally defined as intoxication.

Pot breathalyzers are coming. They are a tricky thing and have been in testing for 30+ years.

Good, they need to come as more states legalize pot.
1995 Deer Creek, Grateful dead show. Saw this with my own eyes:

Indiana State police showed up to the campground and handed out joints to those willing to help them test prototype pot breathalyzers.

Never would have believed it, if I had not see it myself.

If it’s in your system; you are under the influence. How high you feel is your problem.

Here is one:

And another:

If it’s in your system; you are under the influence. How high you feel is your problem.

Bullshit. If this were true then a single sip of beer would be enough to say you under the influence for law enforcement, yet that is not the case.

Bullshit. If this were true then a single sip of beer would be enough to say you under the influence for law enforcement, yet that is not the case.
Then a bunch of these genius level pot heads need to put their heads together, and come up with a test that they find suitable. Till then, the test, is the test.

Forum List

Back