House Passes MORE Act Which Decriminalizes Marijuana

Yes. It does. It is unavoidable. Or you’ve been getting ripped off by your dope dealer for 46 years.
That's what every addiction, or drunk says. Then they do something like this

Hardly, I not only grow my own I make concentrates.
Cool story. But more to the point… It is people like yourself, who are responsible for so much of the push back against legalization. When you espouse absurdities like “driving while high is perfectly safe”. And then admit to doing just that… It really hamstrings your argument for legalization, for use by responsible adults.

There again is the problem with testing for intoxication.

The problem is that test for pot do not test for intoxication.

Till one of these pot head geniouses come up with an accurate, reliable field test insurance companies will still bar the use of pot. Same goes for DUI cases.

Apples and oranges. DUI test actually test for intoxication at the moment of the test.

Cool story. But more to the point… It is people like yourself, who are responsible for so much of the push back against legalization. When you espouse absurdities like “driving while high is perfectly safe”. And then admit to doing just that… It really hamstrings your argument for legalization, for use by responsible adults.
Nope, it doesn't since I don't get into trouble for doing it.

A drug test does not show if one is under the influence. I could smoke a joint tonight and in two weeks pop on a test, that does not mean I was under the influence when the test was taken.
The purpose of an employer required drug test isn't to make sure you don't take drugs, it's to make sure you aren't high when you are on the job.

The purpose of an employer required drug test isn't to make sure you don't take drugs, it's to make sure you aren't high when you are on the job.

And testing for pot fails at that since it stays in the system long after there is any affect on the body.

The problem is that test for pot do not test for intoxication.

Apples and oranges. DUI test actually test for intoxication at the moment of the test.
That is the point. So… If you test positive for THC one can just as reasonably assume that the person is high at that moment. If you think insurance companies, or law enforcement are going to just throw up their hands, and say “ya got me”, just because you say “can’t prove I was high”. You’re mistaken.

If you test positive for THC one can just as reasonably assume that the person is high at that moment.

Not so. It is not a reasonable assumption at all

If you think insurance companies, or law enforcement are going to just throw up their hands, and say “ya got me”, just because you say “can’t prove I was high”. You’re mistaken.

I think the courts will as more people that pop on a test fight it in court. The law does not allow for the assumption of guilt.

Not so. It is not a reasonable assumption at all

I think the courts will as more people that pop on a test fight it in court. The law does not allow for the assumption of guilt.
It isn’t assumed. You have tested positive. How high you still feel is your problem.

Forum List

Back