House Republicans Say No To Marijuana For Veterans...

Pot is federally banned. Opening up usage of an illegal substance for one group and no others would lead to all kinds of lawsuits. Has little to do with the vet status and everything to do with current legal status.

to have pot, which does not have physically addicting qualities; denied to them or anybody else because it is classified as 'dangerous' as heroin (which is an opioid & highly addictive) whilst at the same time it is legal to prescribe oxy, vicodin, & worse (which are opioids & highly addictive) that often turns people into heroin addicts when their legal shit gets cut off... is the epitome of a bunch of big pharma paid for hypocritical congressional whores.
Change the law then. Based on current law Congress did the right thing.

congress did not do the right thing.

Come on Republicans, just when i thought you were actually making some progress. Now you go and do this to our Vets. It's time for the GOP to join the 21st Century. Gotta stop being the 'Party of angry old White Dudes.' Some of our Vets live in constant pain. If Marijuana can help ease that pain, let's allow them to have it. We owe it to them.

Republican lawmakers have blocked a vote on a bill that would have allowed Veterans Affairs doctors to recommend medical marijuana as a pain treatment in states where the drug is legal.

The House Rules Committee stopped a proposed “Veterans Equal Access” amendment from moving to debate on the House floor by keeping the measure out of the House’s proposed VA funding bill for next year.

The sponsor of the House provision, Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore, said he was “bitterly disappointed” that his amendment was sidelined.

“This is a subject that has gained a great deal more attention and momentum,” Blumenauer told McClatchy. “More people recognize that the VA has really failed our veterans when it has come to pain management, opioids and opioid dependency."...

Read More:
Lawmakers halt bill to let VA doctors prescribe pot for pain
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

So many tradcons/neocons still making decisions...

It really is time for the Republican Party to join the 21st Century. You wanna really help our Vets? Listen to them and the doctors. Time to 'weed' out the angry old white dudes in the Party.

I've heard Republicans argue in recent years that they're the real "classical liberals".Then the Republican party needs to start governing that way. The social conservatives have had a grip on the party for too long.

there are vast differences between fiscal & social conservatives but the worst of the worst are the hybrids.

Pot is federally banned. Opening up usage of an illegal substance for one group and no others would lead to all kinds of lawsuits. Has little to do with the vet status and everything to do with current legal status.

to have pot, which does not have physically addicting qualities; denied to them or anybody else because it is classified as 'dangerous' as heroin (which is an opioid & highly addictive) whilst at the same time it is legal to prescribe oxy, vicodin, & worse (which are opioids & highly addictive) that often turns people into heroin addicts when their legal shit gets cut off... is the epitome of a bunch of big pharma paid for hypocritical congressional whores.

Yes they did. They can not say legal for you but not for me

it should removed from schedule 1 and at least decriminalized at the federal level...

Our last President was a liberal who has admitted to smoking weed in the past, and it remains a schedule 1 narcotic. You can blame big pharma or whoever, but whoever is pulling the strings has a lot of money and power behind them.

they can amend laws on the books without striking the whole thing. there are always loopholes & they are masters of it... but they are paid to not do that on this subject.

it should removed from schedule 1 and at least decriminalized at the federal level...

Our last President was a liberal who has admitted to smoking weed in the past, and it remains a schedule 1 narcotic. You can blame big pharma or whoever, but whoever is pulling the strings has a lot of money and power behind them.
well look at it like this Aaron.....how many states had just medical pot 17 years ago compared to now?....

they can amend laws on the books without striking the whole thing. there are always loopholes & they are masters of it... but they are paid to not do that on this subject.
Allowing vets to use pot and not everyone else is not mastering a loophole it is unequal application of the law.

Everyone here is arguing an emotional point while I'm simply pointing out the legality of it.

well look at it like this Aaron.....how many states had just medical pot 17 years ago compared to now?....

Of course the absurdity can only continue for so long. Nobody in 2017 really believes that pot is nearly on par with heroin.

how hypocritical can the gov'ment be when they have a patent for medical weed because it absolutely has medical qualities. oh i know! it's all about the cash.

United States Patent 6,630,507
Hampson , et al.
October 7, 2003
**Please see images for:
( Certificate of Correction ) **
Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

Abstract
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##

Inventors: Hampson; Aidan J. (Irvine, CA), Axelrod; Julius (Rockville, MD), Grimaldi; Maurizio (Bethesda, MD)
Assignee: The United States of America as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC)
Family ID: 26767641
Appl. No.:
09/674,028
Filed:
February 2, 2001
PCT Filed:
April 21, 1999
PCT No.:
PCT/US99/08769
PCT Pub. No.:
WO99/53917
PCT Pub. Date:
October 28, 1999

United States Patent: 6630507

U.S. Patent 6630507

The U.S. Patent Office issued patent #6630507 to the U.S.Health and Human Services filed on 2/2/2001. The patent lists the use of certain cannabinoids found within the cannabis sativa plant as useful in certain neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and HIV dementia.

Since cannabis sativa (marijuana) contains compounds recognized and endorsed by an agency of the U.S. government- Why is it that marijuana remains on the Federal Schedule One list of drugs? The issuance of patent #6630507 is a direct contradiction of the governments own definition for classification of a Schedule 1 drug.
[...]

Allowing vets to use pot and not everyone else is not mastering a loophole it is unequal application of the law.

Everyone here is arguing an emotional point while I'm simply pointing out the legality of it.

you are right about one thing--- those in congress will be all kinds of emotional sads if they get cut off from big pharma lobbyists donating to their campaigns. so they stay bought off & that makes them very happy.

& big pharma.

emotionally happy.

you are right about one thing--- those in congress will be all kinds of emotional sads if they get cut off from big pharma lobbyists donating to their campaigns. so they stay bought off & that makes them very happy.

& big pharma.

emotionally happy.
I know I'm right because I'm using common sense rather than emotional strings to discuss the argument.

I absolutely believe that medical pot should be legal at the very least but I also understand that laws need to be applied to all Americans not just one targeted group.

& big pharma.

emotionally happy.
I know I'm right because I'm using common sense rather than emotional strings to discuss the argument.

I absolutely believe that medical pot should be legal at the very least but I also understand that laws need to be applied to all Americans not just one targeted group.

congress is being emotional.

Of course the absurdity can only continue for so long. Nobody in 2017 really believes that pot is nearly on par with heroin.
have you met tipsy and some of her cohorts yet?.....they think its just as bad....

have you met tipsy and some of her cohorts yet?.....they think its just as bad....

I was actually thinking about Tipsy while writing that post, but she's just a dummy. I'd soon as care what a brick wall's opinion on the matter is. :lol:

I was actually thinking about Tipsy while writing that post, but she's just a dummy. I'd soon as care what a brick wall's opinion on the matter is. :lol:
she has some great stories though......i still get a kick out of the time she went to a party years ago and many were smoking pot and they had to get her to the ER because the second hand smoke made her feel like her heart was going to explode....lol....

Come on Republicans, just when i thought you were actually making some progress. Now you go and do this to our Vets. It's time for the GOP to join the 21st Century. Gotta stop being the 'Party of angry old White Dudes.' Some of our Vets live in constant pain. If Marijuana can help ease that pain, let's allow them to have it. We owe it to them.

Republican lawmakers have blocked a vote on a bill that would have allowed Veterans Affairs doctors to recommend medical marijuana as a pain treatment in states where the drug is legal.

The House Rules Committee stopped a proposed “Veterans Equal Access” amendment from moving to debate on the House floor by keeping the measure out of the House’s proposed VA funding bill for next year.

The sponsor of the House provision, Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore, said he was “bitterly disappointed” that his amendment was sidelined.

“This is a subject that has gained a great deal more attention and momentum,” Blumenauer told McClatchy. “More people recognize that the VA has really failed our veterans when it has come to pain management, opioids and opioid dependency."...

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
Republicans have never given a shit about veterans.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
Republicans have never given a shit about veterans.
were i worked in the PO there were vets from WW2,Korean,Vietnam all the way to Iraq....most of them,not all, but most of them had nothing good to say about either party.....the consensus seemed to be that when they got discharged neither party helped much if they had medical and homeless issues....

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
The right wing has nothing but repeal, and doesn't mind making health care more expensive rather than less expensive.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

So many tradcons/neocons still making decisions...

Angry old white dudes.

Forum List

Back