House Republicans Say No To Marijuana For Veterans...

Pot is federally banned. Opening up usage of an illegal substance for one group and no others would lead to all kinds of lawsuits. Has little to do with the vet status and everything to do with current legal status.

The gov. has turned a blind eye to whom ever wants to buy marijuana, and yet targeted one group to keep it from. PTSD is nearly wiped out by medical marijuana. Shame.

is it time for a national legalization bill? who is against it and why?
I would need to see some statistics from the areas that already allow it's use before deciding. Crime, youth drop out rates, adult & child addiction rates, poverty & welfare rates. Etc
Why? It is unconstitutional for it to be banned at the federal level.
That is just my opinion on it. I wasn't speaking for its constitutionality.
Why am I required to get a driver's licence or hunting license? Lots of shit is unreferenced in the constitution but still a reality

Come on Republicans, just when i thought you were actually making some progress. Now you go and do this to our Vets. It's time for the GOP to join the 21st Century. Gotta stop being the 'Party of angry old White Dudes.' Some of our Vets live in constant pain. If Marijuana can help ease that pain, let's allow them to have it. We owe it to them.

Republican lawmakers have blocked a vote on a bill that would have allowed Veterans Affairs doctors to recommend medical marijuana as a pain treatment in states where the drug is legal.

The House Rules Committee stopped a proposed “Veterans Equal Access” amendment from moving to debate on the House floor by keeping the measure out of the House’s proposed VA funding bill for next year.

The sponsor of the House provision, Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore, said he was “bitterly disappointed” that his amendment was sidelined.

“This is a subject that has gained a great deal more attention and momentum,” Blumenauer told McClatchy. “More people recognize that the VA has really failed our veterans when it has come to pain management, opioids and opioid dependency."...

Read More:
Lawmakers halt bill to let VA doctors prescribe pot for pain
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Gotta protect those fake principles you know.

Come on Republicans, just when i thought you were actually making some progress. Now you go and do this to our Vets. It's time for the GOP to join the 21st Century. Gotta stop being the 'Party of angry old White Dudes.' Some of our Vets live in constant pain. If Marijuana can help ease that pain, let's allow them to have it. We owe it to them.

Republican lawmakers have blocked a vote on a bill that would have allowed Veterans Affairs doctors to recommend medical marijuana as a pain treatment in states where the drug is legal.

The House Rules Committee stopped a proposed “Veterans Equal Access” amendment from moving to debate on the House floor by keeping the measure out of the House’s proposed VA funding bill for next year.

The sponsor of the House provision, Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore, said he was “bitterly disappointed” that his amendment was sidelined.

“This is a subject that has gained a great deal more attention and momentum,” Blumenauer told McClatchy. “More people recognize that the VA has really failed our veterans when it has come to pain management, opioids and opioid dependency."...

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

They do it every fucking time, hell it was even a bi partisan bill.

Too many angry old white dudes in the Party. Once they're 'weeded' out, the GOP will join the 21st Century.

gawd I hate nanny staters......wonder if trump is going to publicly denounce this move. I would give him props if he did.
also, I bet money Rand Paul wasnt involved in this bullshit.

No Rand Paul was all for it.
good
I would have been dissapointed if he wasnt.
IMO Rand will make a fine POTUS one day

This was a House action. Rand had nothing to do with it. He was the one who got Hemp decriminalized in Kentucky. He wouldn't support this stupid action.

gawd I hate nanny staters......wonder if trump is going to publicly denounce this move. I would give him props if he did.

good

This was a House action. Rand had nothing to do with it. He was the one who got Hemp decriminalized in Kentucky. He wouldn't support this stupid action.
I didnt figure he would. I had the pleasur eof meeting his dad and one of his brothers. that whole family are really awesome people.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

This was an unsmart move. They will pay a price if they continue this stupid "War on Drugs".

good

I'm pretty sure Paul has always considered it a state issue as he seems to with most social issues. He may say he's personally against certain things, but I'm pretty sure he just plays a more mainstream Republican because he knows he has to to get closer to the White House than his father did.

It really is time for the Republican Party to join the 21st Century. You wanna really help our Vets? Listen to them and the doctors. Time to 'weed' out the angry old white dudes in the Party.

This thread is a little ironic, especially to those who served / serve in the military and remember how the US govt in the past has experimented on US soldiers by giving them / injecting them with LSD, nuclear material, anthrax, etc...but now won't approve medicinal marijuana for them to ease their pain...

Pot is federally banned. Opening up usage of an illegal substance for one group and no others would lead to all kinds of lawsuits. Has little to do with the vet status and everything to do with current legal status.

to have pot, which does not have physically addicting qualities; denied to them or anybody else because it is classified as 'dangerous' as heroin (which is an opioid & highly addictive) whilst at the same time it is legal to prescribe oxy, vicodin, & worse (which are opioids & highly addictive) that often turns people into heroin addicts when their legal shit gets cut off... is the epitome of a bunch of big pharma paid for hypocritical congressional whores.

This thread is a little ironic, especially to those who served / serve in the military and remember how the US govt in the past has experimented on US soldiers by giving them / injecting them with LSD, nuclear material, anthrax, etc...but now won't approve medicinal marijuana for them to ease their pain...

Check out what the infamous NWO Globalist Elite scumbag Henry Kissinger had to say about our soldiers. That is how the Elites who start all the wars, really feel about them.

to have pot, which does not have physically addicting qualities; denied to them or anybody else because it is classified as 'dangerous' as heroin (which is an opioid & highly addictive) whilst at the same time it is legal to prescribe oxy, vicodin, & worse (which are opioids & highly addictive) that often turns people into heroin addicts when their legal shit gets cut off... is the epitome of a bunch of big pharma paid for hypocritical congressional whores.
Change the law then. Based on current law Congress did the right thing.

It really is time for the Republican Party to join the 21st Century. You wanna really help our Vets? Listen to them and the doctors. Time to 'weed' out the angry old white dudes in the Party.

I've heard Republicans argue in recent years that they're the real "classical liberals".Then the Republican party needs to start governing that way. The social conservatives have had a grip on the party for too long.

Forum List

Back