Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

House Republicans yield shutdown talks to Senate

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
As of eleven minutes ago, give or take.

Reid dismissed House Republicans on the Senate floor Saturday, and said negotiations between the House GOP and the White House have stalled. "That's over with. It's done. They're not talking anymore."

Reid is pushing a simple 15-month extension of the debt ceiling, but in a Saturday test vote, Reid's proposal did not get enough votes to bring it to the Senate floor. Reid needed 60 votes to bring the measure to the floor for debate, but only 53 senators voted to proceed.

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, has been working with senators in both parties on a budget framework that includes a six-month stopgap funding bill through March and a debt ceiling increase through January. The extensions would give Congress breathing room to reach a broader budget agreement.

"I'm trying to give the House a serious option to consider. And that's been one of my goals since their first strategy was clearly a very flawed one. And so I hope that they'll take a look look at this," Collins said.

She added, "What we had was this absolute stalemate where people weren't talking to each other. So my plan is still subject to a lot of negotiations and discussions but at least it's gotten the conversation going."

Bless you, Susan Collins.

They didn't yield for crying out loud. Both the House and the Senate were scheduled to talk with Obama.

Cripes, what's with all the lies? ETA: not saying BD is lying. Commenting on the media lies.

Collins being the old fucking RINO that she is has just come up with a bill to give Obama everything he wants.

What else is new?

ETA: pardon my french but these closet Dem's just piss me clean off.

Last edited:
and...

Democratic leaders in the Senate are rejecting an offer by Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) to end the budget impasse, arguing it asks for too much in return for too little, senators and aides tell POLITICO.

The development comes on the same day that the Senate voted 53-45 to block a Democratic bill that would raise the debt ceiling through 2014 without any spending cuts or changes to Obamacare.

https://www.facebook.com/politico/posts/10151636467706680

You know what the Senate Republicans are begging for? What morsels they will accept?

This one takes the ever mother trucking cake. My head started spinning faster than Linda Blair's in the Exorcist when I read this baby.

Requiring the government to verify the eligibility of Obamacare applicants before they receive subsidies.

Holy toledo! Geeze louise! Aye Carumba!

Washington politicians are freaking insane that this isn't clearly spelled out in the Obamacare bill to begin with. ETA: and why isn't there a provision to penalize anyone fraudulently attempting to receive a subsidy?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

In Debt Limit Talks, Senate Republicans Push Measure to Enforce Obamacare's Anti-Fraud Regulations | The Weekly Standard

Last edited:
They didn't yield for crying out loud. Both the House and the Senate were scheduled to talk with Obama.

Cripes, what's with all the lies?

Collins being the old fucking RINO that she is has just come up with a bill to give Obama everything he wants.

What else is new?

Let's understand something here.

The Whole and Entire Shut-Down of The United States Government Was Soley and Purely Brought On By RePugs Who Thought They Could Get President Obama To Defund The Affordable Health Care Act...That Was Never Going To Happen.

It was the RePug Shut-Down that ended the $100,000.00 "Death Benefit" paid to families of of U.S. Military Personnel Killed in Action. RePugs were warned and went ahead with the Shut-Down Anyway.

It was the RePugs Shut-Down that ended payments to Cancer Research and National Institutes for Health. Again the RePugs were warned and went ahead with their vote. The Manufactured Outrage, a day after the story hit about how "30-Innocent Children" were denied life saving Cancer Meds is all on the RePugs. FYI...Under the RePugs Sequestration, over 750-Innocent Men, Women and Children have been denied Cancer meds, not one word about that.

It was the RePug Shut-Down that closed National Parks and Monuments. More RePug Manufactured Outrage over how the WWII Memorial was closed. YOU PEOPLE CLOSED IT!!!!

You People did this, don't bitch about not getting your way, when in fact you did get your way and it turned out to be one gigantic level-5 Shit-Storm for you.

• Banned
How can this be "old news" if it just happened Saturday morning, TD?

Following a closed-door House GOP meeting Saturday morning, lawmakers acknowledged a diminished role to resolve the impasse.

There should be zero negotiations when it comes to the shutdown or the debt limit. Enough bullshit. Do your job.....then talk. The two things that the GOP is using here ARE NOT THEIRS TO USE. These things are not just wanted by liberals and Democrats. They are needed by the entire nation.

Enough bullshit.

Reid dismissed House Republicans on the Senate floor Saturday, and said negotiations between the House GOP and the White House have stalled. "That's over with. It's done. They're not talking anymore."

Reid is pushing a simple 15-month extension of the debt ceiling, but in a Saturday test vote, Reid's proposal did not get enough votes to bring it to the Senate floor. Reid needed 60 votes to bring the measure to the floor for debate, but only 53 senators voted to proceed.

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, has been working with senators in both parties on a budget framework that includes a six-month stopgap funding bill through March and a debt ceiling increase through January. The extensions would give Congress breathing room to reach a broader budget agreement.

"I'm trying to give the House a serious option to consider. And that's been one of my goals since their first strategy was clearly a very flawed one. And so I hope that they'll take a look look at this," Collins said.

She added, "What we had was this absolute stalemate where people weren't talking to each other. So my plan is still subject to a lot of negotiations and discussions but at least it's gotten the conversation going."

I really don't understand why cons on this board continue to defend House Republicans. You people are just diluting yourselves. When a republican takes a stand against the nut jobs in her party, she is ridiculed.

This board astounds me. It really does.

There should be zero negotiations when it comes to the shutdown or the debt limit. Enough bullshit. Do your job.....then talk. The two things that the GOP is using here ARE NOT THEIRS TO USE. These things are not just wanted by liberals and Democrats. They are needed by the entire nation.

Enough bullshit.

your selectivity is hackism.

the ship sailed decades ago and even as recently as 2006 when obama voted no on a debt ceiling increase in a very close vote as well.

I really don't understand why cons on this board continue to defend House Republicans. You people are just diluting yourselves. When a republican takes a stand against the nut jobs in her party, she is ridiculed.

This board astounds me. It really does.

Deluding.

I guess your way works, though.

This needs to be posted again!

Bravoactual posted:

The Whole and Entire Shut-Down of The United States Government Was Soley and Purely Brought On By RePugs Who Thought They Could Get President Obama To Defund The Affordable Health Care Act...That Was Never Going To Happen.

It was the RePug Shut-Down that ended the $100,000.00 "Death Benefit" paid to families of of U.S. Military Personnel Killed in Action. RePugs were warned and went ahead with the Shut-Down Anyway.

It was the RePugs Shut-Down that ended payments to Cancer Research and National Institutes for Health. Again the RePugs were warned and went ahead with their vote. The Manufactured Outrage, a day after the story hit about how "30-Innocent Children" were denied life saving Cancer Meds is all on the RePugs. FYI...Under the RePugs Sequestration, over 750-Innocent Men, Women and Children have been denied Cancer meds, not one word about that.

It was the RePug Shut-Down that closed National Parks and Monuments. More RePug Manufactured Outrage over how the WWII Memorial was closed. YOU PEOPLE CLOSED IT!!!!

You People did this, don't bitch about not getting your way, when in fact you did get your way and it turned out to be one gigantic level-5 Shit-Storm for you.

How can this be "old news" if it just happened Saturday morning, TD?

Following a closed-door House GOP meeting Saturday morning, lawmakers acknowledged a diminished role to resolve the impasse.

Because it is old news. This was known yesterday. And it was a forgone conclusion that the RINO's in the Senate were just going to give Obama a blow job with a few strings attached.

"May I have a pillow for my knees and a bib for my chin Mr. President?"

That's all they have ever done.

In Debt Limit Talks, Senate Republicans Push Measure to Enforce Obamacare's Anti-Fraud Regulations
2:28 PM, Oct 11, 2013 • By JOHN MCCORMACK

After Senate Democrats blocked GOP efforts to defund Obamacare, House Republicans voted for a number of modest compromises: delaying the individual mandate as long as the business mandate is delayed, repealing the medical device tax, and the Vitter amendment ending Congress's special treatment under Obamacare. Nearly two weeks into the government shutdown, Senate Democrats and President Obama have been unwilling to compromise on anything.

Now, Senate Republicans are putting another Obamacare measure on the table as part of negotiations to fund the government and raise the debt ceiling: Requiring the government to verify the eligibility of Obamacare applicants before they receive subsidies.

As The Hill's Alexander Bolton reports, Senate Republicans unhappy with a proposal in the House to pass a clean debt limit bill without funding the government are "coalescing around their own proposal to pair a short-term debt-ceiling increase with a year-long stopgap to fund the government."

The Senate GOP plan would fund the government for a year at a level agreed upon during the 2011 debt limit talks, repeal the medical device tax, and require that the eligibility of Obamacare applicants be verified before they receive subsidies.

In Debt Limit Talks, Senate Republicans Push Measure to Enforce Obamacare's Anti-Fraud Regulations | The Weekly Standard

Cripes, what's with all the lies?

What else is new?

What shit storm? To be down in the polls?

It won't make a damn difference in the midterms. And the Conservatives in the House whether you like it or not, are living up to their election promise to their constituents to attempt to defund and destroy Obamacare as that bill is now written.

You didn't vote for them. But other Americans did. And they are respecting the wishes of their electorate.

Last edited:
I really doubt that repealing the medical device tax is going to go through. Increases the security on the subsidies would probably be okay.

Enough bullshit.

the ship sailed decades ago and even as recently as 2006 when obama voted no on a debt ceiling increase in a very close vote as well.

Unlike you, I am able to tell the difference between standard run of the mill politics and retarded tantrum action.

Politicians often live to regret comments they made when the power structure was reversed. Stop pretending that this is unusual.

What leaders have never done before is take this nation's economy by the neck and demand concessions to release it.

Hack? I can be a hack......but I ain't stupid enough to believe the bullshit that you SEEM to. Get some common sense.

Enough bullshit.

Unlike you, I am able to tell the difference between standard run of the mill politics and retarded tantrum action.

Politicians often live to regret comments they made when the power structure was reversed. Stop pretending that this is unusual.

What leaders have never done before is take this nation's economy by the neck and demand concessions to release it.

Hack? I can be a hack......but I ain't stupid enough to believe the bullshit that you SEEM to. Get some common sense.

let me translate ; when we do it, I ignore it or its proper politics or its just a regret, (thats so glibly convenient its infantile slobbergobbing)....... ...when others do it, its hostage taking....:rolleyes: thats not common sense, its a lack of intellectual honesty.

Oh and the bolded comment is so historically challenged you should be ashamed...but I bet your past being humiliated....

let me translate ; when we do it, I ignore it or its proper politics or its just a regret, (thats so glibly convenient its infantile slobbergobbing)....... ...when others do it, its hostage taking....:rolleyes: thats not common sense, its a lack of intellectual honesty.

He didn't need any translating, so I didn't read past "Let me translate."

He didn't need any translating, so I didn't read past "Let me translate."

and? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back