House Speaker Says Screw Helene Victims

What makes you say it wouldn’t have made the problem any better? You already admitted it would put a cap where no exists currently.

We never thought all republicans would support it, but enough to get it passed could. After Trump came out against it, all the Republican support disappeared. It’s Trump’s doing.
5000 per day!... and there were other loopholes like when the line gets too long they could increase the number.... read the bill I think you can find it on line....

"Although Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) plans to visit the western part of North Carolina this week in the "deadly and devastating" aftermath of Hurricane Helene, Politico reports the GOP lawmaker has confirmed that Congress doesn't plan to provide any disaster aid before November"

Well there you have it. The GOP says FU to the hurricane victims.

What? He's not even going to throw them paper towels from a truck?

So you agree with the Administration that seemingly unlimited funds to aid and abet an invasion of tens of millions of illegal migrants should not be used to help Americans in a desperate situation?

And you believe them when they now say they took no money intended for Americans to help the migrants?

The administration is accurate in that video. It does not indicate disaster relief funds went to relocate migrants.

As far as funding FEMA's disaster relief fund, I don't want it tied to anything. Just give that fund whatever it needs.

5000 per day!... and there were other loopholes like when the line gets too long they could increase the number.... read the bill I think you can find it on line....
It raises the standards to even apply for asylum. It adds additional caveats to be able to apply. Increases custodial spaces to detain immigrants. Adds additional staff to process asylum claims.

There’s a lot to the bill that would be helpful.

Why are you changing the original discussion?

I got as far as Tom Cotton claiming Kemp said the administration's resoonse has been "lackluster." Before I continue watching that video, show me he's not lying about that. Seems to me he is since Kemp actually said Biden has given him everything he's asked for.

Who's to argue with Rawley when he indicates this about himself?

Screenshot_20241007_153939_Samsung Internet.jpg

It raises the standards to even apply for asylum. It adds additional caveats to be able to apply. Increases custodial spaces to detain immigrants. Adds additional staff to process asylum claims.

It's easier to send what we can back put military on the border, seal it and build the fucking wall. Biden virtually invited all these illegals to invade our country.

The administration is accurate in that video. It does not indicate disaster relief funds went to relocate migrants.

As far as funding FEMA's disaster relief fund, I don't want it tied to anything. Just give that fund whatever it needs.
In 2022 KJP clearly said FEMAs emergency food and shelter program was going to help migrants. The FEMA food and shelter program earmarked for migrants was not established until 2023.

I got as far as Tom Cotton claiming Kemp said the administration's resoonse has been "lackluster." Before I continue watching that video, show me he's not lying about that. Seems to me he is since Kemp actually said Biden has given him everything he's asked for.
200w.gif

In 2022 KJP clearly said FEMAs emergency food and shelter program was going to help migrants. The FEMA food and shelter program earmarked for migrants was not established until 2023.

Non emergency services were not funded with disaster relief funds.

And who says using SSA funding for migrants began in 2023?

Not enough for me... we don't know who these people are... they are from nations all over the world and they can't be vetted... The CCP is working day and night to steal our tech and undermine the USA militarily... so far over 150,000 Chinese men of military age that we know about has crossed our border... and they are still coming....

Not enough for me... we don't know who these people are... they are from nations all over the world and they can't be vetted... The CCP is working day and night to steal our tech and undermine the USA militarily... so far over 150,000 Chinese men of military age that we know about has crossed our border... and they are still coming....
To me it's amazing that Democrats, even with this border bill, want to let more illegals in. We can't process the ones that we know of that are here now. There are more gotaways of who we know not who or where they are.

Last edited:
So no bill is better than one that doesn’t go far enough?

So no bill is better than one that doesn’t go far enough?
You just want them to keep coming... you've made that apparent... so we won't be able to come to an agreement on this no matter what I say... or what proof I show you... well its hurting Kamala's chances big time... maybe you will care about that...

She made the statement during a Sept. 16, 2022, press conference when Jean-Pierre was asked about assisting cities in handling the busloads of migrants being sent across the country from Texas.

"FEMA Regional Administrators have been meeting with city officials on site to coordinate — to coordinate available federal support from FEMA and other federal agencies," Jean-Pierre told reporters at the time.

"Funding is also available through FEMA’s Emergency Food and Shelter program to eligible local governments and not-for-profit organizations upon request to support humanitarian relief for migrants," she added.

Forum List

Back