House Speaker Says Screw Helene Victims

You just want them to keep coming... you've made that apparent... so we won't be able to come to an agreement on this no matter what I say... or what proof I show you... well its hurting Kamala's chances big time... maybe you will care about that...
Dems already made a bunch of compromises. The question stands whether no bill is better than than the compromise put forth?

I got as far as Tom Cotton claiming Kemp said the administration's resoonse has been "lackluster."

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp slammed the Harris-Biden administration for moving too slowly to help rural communities in his state after Hurricane Helene unleashed utter hell and left more than two dozen dead.

adjective

adjective: lacklustre; adjective: lackluster; adjective: lack-lustre; adjective: lack-luster
  1. lacking in vitality, force, or conviction; uninspired or uninspiring.
    "no excuses were made for the team's lackluster performance"

"Although Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) plans to visit the western part of North Carolina this week in the "deadly and devastating" aftermath of Hurricane Helene, Politico reports the GOP lawmaker has confirmed that Congress doesn't plan to provide any disaster aid before November"

Well there you have it. The GOP says FU to the hurricane victims.

That's desperation, Qdog.

Answer the question... Tom Cotton told a lie early in the video. Why should I watch him lie more? What purpose does that serve?

Uhhh GIFs | Tenor

She made the statement during a Sept. 16, 2022, press conference when Jean-Pierre was asked about assisting cities in handling the busloads of migrants being sent across the country from Texas.

"FEMA Regional Administrators have been meeting with city officials on site to coordinate — to coordinate available federal support from FEMA and other federal agencies," Jean-Pierre told reporters at the time.

"Funding is also available through FEMA’s Emergency Food and Shelter program to eligible local governments and not-for-profit organizations upon request to support humanitarian relief for migrants," she added.

What's the contractiction? At no point in that did she say migrants received funding from FEMA's disaster relief funds.

Non emergency services were not funded with disaster relief funds.

And who says using SSA funding for migrants began in 2023?

Notice how this has nothing to do with the disaster relief funds that FEMA uses to handle things like hurricanes.

Thanks for posting that. Still, I was able to show migrants received aid in early 2021 from FEMA's Sheltering and Services assistance program. So I don't see a problem with what she said in 2022.

Forum List

Back