House Speaker Says Screw Helene Victims

Because the bill didn't do what it said it would... stem the flow... they were going to still allow 5000 per day to enter... all that bill would have done is make the line longer...
How many people are allowed to enter daily now?

How many people are allowed to enter daily now?
I'll give you that one... a lot more but it all could be stopped with a Presidential pen and Mexico arm twisting like Trump did...
Biden doesn't need a bill for that... and also Trump wasn't the first republican to say vote no... McConnell said vote no... the GOP senate leader....

I'll give you that one... a lot more but it all could be stopped with a Presidential pen and Mexico arm twisting like Trump did...
Biden doesn't need a bill for that... and also Trump wasn't the first republican to say vote no... McConnell said vote no... the GOP senate leader....
Anything done a presidential pen can be undone by a presidential pen.

Why not have some legislation on place instead?

Immediately sent back to their home country.

Fyi

Leading up to the vote, House Majority Leader Steve Scalise on social media said the bill “accepts 5,000 illegal immigrants a day.” Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn added her voice to the opposition, posting that she would “never vote to make illegal immigration legal.”

Those comments misrepresented the bill.

The bill stated that temporary border emergency authority would be automatically activated by the Department of Homeland Security secretary if there is an average of 5,000 or more migrant encounters a day over seven consecutive days — or if there are 8,500 or more such encounters on any single day. In December — according to the latest data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection — there was an average of more than 8,000 encounters a day of migrants who crossed the border illegally between points of entry.

It’s not that the first 5,000 [migrants encountered at the border] are released, that’s ridiculous,” Lankford said on the Senate floor. “The first 5,000 we detain, we screen and then we deport. If we get above 5,000, we just detain and deport.”
Immediately sent back to their home country.

Fyi

Leading up to the vote, House Majority Leader Steve Scalise on social media said the bill “accepts 5,000 illegal immigrants a day.” Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn added her voice to the opposition, posting that she would “never vote to make illegal immigration legal.”

Those comments misrepresented the bill.

The bill stated that temporary border emergency authority would be automatically activated by the Department of Homeland Security secretary if there is an average of 5,000 or more migrant encounters a day over seven consecutive days — or if there are 8,500 or more such encounters on any single day. In December — according to the latest data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection — there was an average of more than 8,000 encounters a day of migrants who crossed the border illegally between points of entry.

It’s not that the first 5,000 [migrants encountered at the border] are released, that’s ridiculous,” Lankford said on the Senate floor. “The first 5,000 we detain, we screen and then we deport. If we get above 5,000, we just detain and deport.”
What Langford SUPPOSEDLY said MIGHT happen. Nowhere did he say that we were deporting anyone NOW.

Anything done a presidential pen can be undone by a presidential pen.

Why not have some legislation on place instead?
Yes and I'm the first to say Congress needs to write an immigration bill but both parties have their reasons for not doing it... and more and more they are adopting the same reasons... donor dollars and an hot button issue to campaign on...

Yes and I'm the first to say Congress needs to write an immigration bill but both parties have their reasons for not doing it... and more and more they are adopting the same reasons... donor dollars and an issue to campaign on...
Congress did write and immigration bill.

The reason it didn’t pass was because of Trump and MAGA’s inability to compromise.

The reason it didn’t pass was because of Trump and MAGA’s inability to compromise.
The reason it didn’t pass because it was a bad bill, and did very little To help our immigration problem that Biden created

Yes and I'm the first to say Congress needs to write an immigration bill but both parties have their reasons for not doing it... and more and more they are adopting the same reasons... donor dollars and an hot button issue to campaign on...
We don't NEED an "immigration bill." We have immigration LAWS in place now. What needs to be done is to ENFORCE them..vigorously.

It wouldn't have made the problem any better... like I said Trump was not the first republican to say vote no... so to blame it on him doesn't work... it was a bad bill that would have cemented illegal immigration not stop it...
I don't want it slowed down... I want it stopped.... and Trump will stop it... when migrants start flowing back south the people will stop coming...

We don't NEED an "immigration bill." We have immigration LAWS in place now. What needs to be done is to ENFORCE them..vigorously.
I use to agree with you... but there are reasons for a workers program... to increase legal immigration will also slow the illegal traffic... we use to have worker programs for migrants... they could live here work here but they could not vote here... this is why dems want illegal immigration so the can get them to cheat the vote....

It wouldn't have made the problem any better... like I said Trump was not the first republican to say vote no... so to blame it on him doesn't work... it was a bad bill that would have cemented illegal immigration not stop it...
I don't want it slowed down... I want it stopped.... and Trump will stop it... when migrants start flowing back south the people will stop coming...
What makes you say it wouldn’t have made the problem any better? You already admitted it would put a cap where no exists currently.

We never thought all republicans would support it, but enough to get it passed could. After Trump came out against it, all the Republican support disappeared. It’s Trump’s doing.

Forum List

Back