House votes to revoke IRS funding for 87,000 new agents.

Yeah, a great start for the reaming these Republican assholes are going to give us. Where the hell is paygo at? You know, pay as you go. Cost this little action will cost us at least A HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS. I will document that in a little but I am going to rant.

You see, this action is a perfect example of how Republicans blow smoke up their supporter's ass while sucking off those that provide them those massive donations and finance dark money political action committees. And they know exactly what they are doing. First, I don't see how the hell they sleep at night, and second, I can't understand while lightening doesn't strike their asses dead. Where is the justice? I mean we have been down this road before, the last time the assholes took Congress, and here were the results.

From 2010 to 2018, even as the IRS received 9 percent more tax returns, its annual budget was slashed by $2.9 billion—a 20 percent reduction that cost the agency more than one-fifth of its workforce. Investigations of non-filers plummeted and the amount of outstanding tax debt the IRS formally wrote off (based on the 10-year statute of limitations for collections) more than doubled—from less than $15 billion in 2010 to more than $34 billion in 2019.

Virtually no partnerships were audited in 2018. By then, with Donald Trump in the Oval Office, the kneecapped IRS was scrutinizing the individual returns of just 0.03 percent of those $10 million–plus taxpayers, down from a peak of 23 percent in 2010. Audits of the $5 million–to–$10 million filers fell from just under 15 percent to a scant 0.04 percent.

A fair subset of superwealthy Americans doesn’t even bother filing. The Treasury Department’s Inspector General for Tax Administration reported in 2020 that nearly 880,000 “high income” non-filers from 2014 through 2016 still owed $46 billion, and the IRS was in no condition, resource-wise, to collect. The 300 biggest delinquents owed about $33 million per head, on average. Fifteen percent of their cases had been closed without examination by IRS staffers, and another one-third weren’t even in line to be “worked.”
I mean this shit pisses me off. Just 300 people owe A FLIPPIN BILLION DOLLARS. In China, they would be shot and their organs harvested. Here, THEY FLIPPIN SKATE. And all because you numbnuts buy the bullshit the Republican party is telling you hook, line, and sinker. I mean read the link, I know you won't. But try this one.

You see that line, "IRS tax enforcement funding"? A hundred billion dollars. That is how much revenue those enforcement measures were scored to take in, and that is conservative. This new Congress just pissed that money away. Hell, it is telling. I mean the first thing they do is change the rules and gut the ethics committee. Then they grant a free pass to the wealthy tax cheats. I mean for the love of God, wake up and smell the coffee. But I doubt that will happen, you morons will just bend right on over and politely ask, "give me another".
Government Check?

But you're a moron...who cares what you "think"?
I’m not. But you apparently care. And you’re an incredibly unoriginal ass sucker. So, put your dunce cap back on. Go sit in the corner. And if you must post at all, try to be topical and accurate and honest.

The TOPIC is the House vote to revoke the previously ok’d legislation to hire 87,000 new IRS confiscators.

Elections have consequences.

And it is about time the GOP demonstrated some testicular and ovarian fortitude.

are 87,000 leaving? what is the net increase? and why is it needed?

It is needed because they do not have the manpower to do the job assigned to them by Congress.

Their lack of man power is personally costing me $430 a month until they resolve my case. It has been on going since 2021.

At the end of the 10 years they will not have 87,000 more agents as most of those 87,000 are to replace those that are leaving.
Sure.

I couldn’t find (at least not yet) any info beyond 2008. But even the IRS then projected that they’d need only about 1100 to 1200 new “agents” and “officers” per year to account for attrition through retirement and resignations.

Multiply that by 10. Call it 12,000 new replacement agents and officers.

Did something happen between 2008 and 2022 that required them to jump that figure seven-fold plus? 🤔

Last edited:
He's full of shit.
The IRS is already funded for hiring a replacement each time an employee retires.
No need for a bill granting them funds to hire 87,000 new agents.
These LWNJ useful idiots are obviously incapable of logical thinking.

He's full of shit.
The IRS is already funded for hiring a replacement each time an employee retires.
No need for a bill granting them funds to hire 87,000 new agents.
These LWNJ useful idiots are obviously incapable of logical thinking.
They want more agents because they have mistaken their job function.

They apparently seek mandatory proctological examinations for all working people.

I’m so old that I remember that the original idea was that our republic was founded on a notion of personal liberty and individual freedoms. Today, our liberals and progressives and Dims consider that notion as “quaint.”

Because they have been depleting IRS ranks for over a decade
False.

“In FY 2019, the IRS employed about 78,004 employees, including more than 12,600 temporary and seasonal staff. The IRS gained 1,593 full time positions between FY 2018 and FY 2019, although staffing levels remain well below levels in previous decades. The IRS lost more than 29,618 full time positions between FY 2010 and FY 2019, which includes information technology, operations support, taxpayer service and enforcement personnel,” it said.

IRS Staffing Up but Impact of Decline Still Felt

As recently as 2019, they claim to have “lost” a bit fewer than 30k employees (including support staff). So why would they now suddenly “need” 87k more agents?
Each IRS Agent generates many times his salary
Also false. They don’t “generate” a thing. They confiscate. It may or may not be lawful confiscation or accurate figuring. But they don’t “produce” a fucking thing.

They want more agents because they have mistaken their job function.

They apparently seek mandatory proctological examinations for all working people.

I’m so old that I remember that the original idea was that our republic was founded on a notion of personal liberty and individual freedoms. Today, our liberals and progressives and Dims consider that notion as “quaint.”

I fully understand their job function, I have been fighting with them since 2021 and their excuse is they are behind due to manpower shortages.

The problem with the IRS is once they say you are guilty you have to prove you are not. To do that you have to send proof you filed/payed your taxes and then they have to process it. I sent said proof well more than a year ago, and they still have not done their part. Each month they have not done their part I have to pay them $430 a month to keep them from showing our taxes as delinquent.

Last week my lawyer let me know they still have not processed what we sent them, oh and they still have not processed our 2021 return...though they did cash our check almost a year ago.

The House with its GOP majority is at work already.

This may not alone end the prior authorization for such spending. But it’s a great start.
I think funding will get overhauled in late September.When the New
House votes on funding Government.Funding from the Omnibus
is operative till September.

I’m not. But you apparently care. And you’re an incredibly unoriginal ass sucker. So, put your dunce cap back on. Go sit in the corner. And if you must post at all, try to be topical and accurate and honest.

The TOPIC is the House vote to revoke the previously ok’d legislation to hire 87,000 new IRS confiscators.

Elections have consequences.

And it is about time the GOP demonstrated some testicular and ovarian fortitude.
There was no such legislation, Talking Point Spewing Sock Puppet.

I fully understand their job function, I have been fighting with them since 2021 and their excuse is they are behind due to manpower shortages.

The problem with the IRS is once they say you are guilty you have to prove you are not. To do that you have to send proof you filed/payed your taxes and then they have to process it. I sent said proof well more than a year ago, and they still have not done their part. Each month they have not done their part I have to pay them $430 a month to keep them from showing our taxes as delinquent.

Last week my lawyer let me know they still have not processed what we sent them, oh and they still have not processed our 2021 return...though they did cash our check almost a year ago.
Doesn't count...You're not a tax payer who would be hurt by 87,000 jack booted stormtroopers.....derp!

Forum List

Back