How Boston U President Handled Protest in 70's

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Then they put up the shacks. I told the police, “Go ask them three questions: Do you have a title to the property? (They built them on our property, not theirs.) Do you have a building permit? We have to have building permits. Have you got a clearance with the historical commission, because this is a historical district? If the answer is no to those three questions, then you tell them, ‘We’ll give you about 15 minutes to remove your shanty. And if you don’t, you’ll be arrested.’ ” I said, “Now, none of them are going to remove their shanty, so you’re going to have to arrest them. But I want you to be very gentle, and I want you to take them to the paddy wagon singing, ‘It’s just a shanty in old shanty town.’ ” Because one point I want to get across to these students is, I do not take them seriously. This is not some very deeply felt, high moral cause on their part; this is showboating of a very insincere kind by most of these students, and I want them to understand that I see through their pretensions.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/11/how-a-college-president-should-respond.php

Leftards running universities today are just limp wristed pansy's.

Then they put up the shacks. I told the police, “Go ask them three questions: Do you have a title to the property? (They built them on our property, not theirs.) Do you have a building permit? We have to have building permits. Have you got a clearance with the historical commission, because this is a historical district? If the answer is no to those three questions, then you tell them, ‘We’ll give you about 15 minutes to remove your shanty. And if you don’t, you’ll be arrested.’ ” I said, “Now, none of them are going to remove their shanty, so you’re going to have to arrest them. But I want you to be very gentle, and I want you to take them to the paddy wagon singing, ‘It’s just a shanty in old shanty town.’ ” Because one point I want to get across to these students is, I do not take them seriously. This is not some very deeply felt, high moral cause on their part; this is showboating of a very insincere kind by most of these students, and I want them to understand that I see through their pretensions.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/11/how-a-college-president-should-respond.php

No, they're not. They are active supporters of the resurrected counter-culture.

More like counter-civilization.

More like counter-civilization.

Their model is culled from the 60s. The supporting professors and old-fart Democrat all had their heyday there.

exactly how the mayor of boston deftly handled the occupiers a few years ago... boston is wicked smaht like that.

Will the RW support Kent State solutions next?

It doesn't matter. There are two solutions to all problems. Reason, and force.

When reason fails ...

...kill people in cold blood. At least you're honest.

When you repeatedly ask for war, chances are you'll get war.

Merely an observation.

And when you're unarmed and ask for peace, you get shot down. Now I understand why so many of you idolize Putin.

When reason fails ...

Merely an observation.

And when you're unarmed and ask for peace, you get shot down. Now I understand why so many of you idolize Putin.
Only the left have idolized Russia. And that love affair goes back 60 years.

BTW - the 80's called Obama again today - Russia is building submarine drones to deliver nuclear weapons to your town.

Frankfurt School Marxism.

When reason fails ...

Merely an observation.

Only the left have idolized Russia.

Not on this board. Look around at who's singing Putin's praises. I think it's all those macho shirtless poses...

When reason fails ...

Merely an observation.

Not on this board. Look around at who's singing Putin's praises. I think it's all those macho shirtless poses...
Left are still fainting in horror for when Reagan called them an evil empire.
What you take as praise is disgust how Putin is using our President like a roll of toilet paper.

When reason fails ...

Merely an observation.

Anyone that embarrasses or humiliates obama should be praised.

Forum List

Back