How can we protect ourselves from terror attacks?

Your answer is found in Psalm 127:1,2.

It is written:

A Song of Ascents, of Solomon. Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain.It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.

No offense, but he didn't do a bang up job on 9/11.

I disagree. The LORD prevented many people from being in the twin towers on 9/11. There have been many testimonies from people about this. God is always in full control. Never forget that.

You just made God sound like a real dick. Congratulations.

I think the only way we can realistically cut down on terrorist attacks is to make the consequences for carrying one out so horrible that continued terrorism becomes just too terrifying to contemplate.
Something on the order of bombing a building begets bombing a city.
The terrorists are targeting civilians, yet we refuse to. Bullshit!

Sooooo, what city should we have bombed after Timothy McVeigh?

Your answer is to make us worse than the terrorist?
Not worthy of the effort. The subject was terror attacks by Muslim fanatics.

My answer is to make terrorists think twice about attacking the US.

Look war id horrible and it should be. It should be the last resort, so feared that it almost never happens. BUT when someone engages in warlike acts against the US, I would appreciate it if my leaders fought to win.

We have not won a war since 1945. We only won that one because we inflicted unspeakable damage on a country as a whole, not just their armies. We demoralized millions of people who realized they had lost all hope for victory.

Now we can see what has happened in Paris with theirs opened multicultural country. There are a lot of blacks and muslims inside. I`m not against blacks and muslim, I`m against radicals in general. Nevermind. What can we do to prevent similar cases in the US? This question rises because we cannot completely rely on the government
Arm everyone with an IQ over 100 who was born in the USA from American Parents and is not "certifiably" insane. Remove the infiltrators from DC, like Obama. Boot the radical Islamic immigrants. Start a national draft. Bring our troops home to defend our borders.
Given this post, you obviously won't be allowed a firearm.

And the disdain for due process and the rule of law common among most conservatives is telling, yet unsurprising.

1. How can we protect ourselves from terror attacks?

Wipe the bastards off the face of the earth.

And who and where would that be?

Islamic terrorists, wherever they be.

You wouldn't know an Islamic terrorist if one slapped you in the face. Do you see how that might be a problem?
Obviously not.

Many conservatives seem willing to throw the 5th Amendment out the window.

And it's this sort of fear, ignorance, and hate exhibited by many on the right that presents the greatest threat to our Nation, not 'terrorists'; those who as a consequence of their fear and ignorance are willing to surrender their liberty – and the liberty of every other American – for the illusion of 'security.'

You wouldn't know an Islamic terrorist if one slapped you in the face. Do you see how that might be a problem?

No, I wouldn't. Good thing military and intelligence is doing the dirty work.

Do you realize how stupid you sound?

I think the only way we can realistically cut down on terrorist attacks is to make the consequences for carrying one out so horrible that continued terrorism becomes just too terrifying to contemplate.

Look war id horrible and it should be. It should be the last resort, so feared that it almost never happens. BUT when someone engages in warlike acts against the US, I would appreciate it if my leaders fought to win.

We have not won a war since 1945. We only won that one because we inflicted unspeakable damage on a country as a whole, not just their armies. We demoralized millions of people who realized they had lost all hope for victory.

Terrorism is by definition a dangerous game. When you're willing to die for your cause, however perverse it is, intimidation is just not a factor any more; you've already been trumped.

Again, you don't wipe a social/political problem out of existence -- whether it's terrorism or anything else -- by overpowering it and escalating against the symptom. You eliminate the disease whence it comes.

Exactly the same reason I keep saying the answer to guns is not more guns, and that you don't calm gun violence by throwing gun laws at it.

Every action has a motivation behind it. If you have a habit of, say, throwing garbage on the floor, you can kill the rats that come for it individually; guess what, they just send more. Stop tossing the garbage on the floor and you eliminate their reason for coming. No more rats -- because their motivation is gone. And in the long run it's a lot less work.

Taoist thought for the day.

Last edited:

Given the idiocy of your posts, you're in no position to call anyone 'stupid.'

Terrorism is by definition a dangerous game. When you're willing to die for your cause, however perverse it is, intimidation is just not a factor any more; you've already been trumped.

Again, you don't wipe a social/political problem out of existence -- whether it's terrorism or anything else -- by overpowering it and escalating against the symptom. You eliminate the disease whence it comes.

Exactly the same reason I keep saying the answer to guns is not more guns, and that you don't calm gun violence by throwing gun laws at it.

Every action has a motivation behind it. If you have a habit of, say, throwing garbage on the floor, you can kill the rats that come for it individually; guess what, they just send more. Stop tossing the garbage on the floor and you eliminate their reason for coming. No more rats -- because their motivation is gone. And in the long run it's a lot less work.

Rats will go where they will find food. Terrorists will kill as long as they think they will be effective. I am not willing to acquiesce to their demands, so it seems the only way I have to demotivate them is to bomb the shit out of them.
If they kill ten, we kill 1,000 if they kill 1,000 we kill 100,000. Pretty some, they will either run out of motivation or Muslims.

Rats will go where they will find food. Terrorists will kill as long as they think they will be effective. I am not willing to acquiesce to their demands, so it seems the only way I have to demotivate them is to bomb the shit out of them.
If they kill ten, we kill 1,000 if they kill 1,000 we kill 100,000. Pretty some, they will either run out of motivation or Muslims.
How's that plan working out for the jews so far?

Actually, improving the status of women in Islamic society might be the single most effective thing we could do. In societies where women have legal protections and can attain economic independence by working, violence is typically lower. Change the lives of Islamic women, and in a few generations, you change the entire society. Bomb an entire muslim society and we will be at war with all muslims, not just the lunatic fringe.

How's that plan working out for the jews so far?
Half measures avail us nothing.

Now we can see what has happened in Paris with theirs opened multicultural country. There are a lot of blacks and muslims inside. I`m not against blacks and muslim, I`m against radicals in general. Nevermind. What can we do to prevent similar cases in the US? This question rises because we cannot completely rely on the government

First get rid of the Democrats.....

Actually, improving the status of women in Islamic society might be the single most effective thing we could do. In societies where women have legal protections and can attain economic independence by working, violence is typically lower. Change the lives of Islamic women, and in a few generations, you change the entire society. Bomb an entire muslim society and we will be at war with all muslims, not just the lunatic fringe.
WE can't change the status of Muslim women any more than we can vote Kim Jung Un out of office.

We can ensure the protection of the status of muslim women within westernized societies, and we can support systems of education, microlending, and other types of programs that can give muslim women options so that they can attain the power to change their own status.

And how has that been working out? (eye roll)

Forum List

Back