How China is getting to be one of Americans' biggest landlords.

Ireland at $271 billion.

LIKE I SAID ....

YEAH LIKE YOU SAID "not to mention they now own the majority of our debt,"

....because you're a left wing dingbat that doesn't know what the word MAJORITY means.

NOT MY FAULT BIG NUMBERS CONFUSE YOUR STUPID ASS -

LOL, says the retard that thinks China's holdings of roughly $1.2 Trillion in US Debt is a MAJORITY of the US Debt Outstanding.

Perhaps the math on your planet works differently than it does here on Earth?

Chinese, or Chinese American individuals buying homes is NOT “China buying America”!

Off the top of my head no, the rates on Treasury Instruments held by the Chinese aren't uniform, I suspect someone has come up with an average which you could probably find by searching for it.

Of course the amount and the composition of treasury instruments held by the Chinese is constantly changing (as the CCB buys and sells debt) so whatever you find will likely be out of date rather quickly.
Even at 1 % that would be $150 billion a year - just the interest .
Regardless of who owned the treasury bills, the cost would be there.

Ireland at $271 billion.

LIKE I SAID ....

YEAH LIKE YOU SAID "not to mention they now own the majority of our debt,"

....because you're a left wing dingbat that doesn't know what the word MAJORITY means.

NOT MY FAULT BIG NUMBERS CONFUSE YOUR STUPID ASS -

LOL, says the retard that thinks China's holdings of roughly $1.2 Trillion in US Debt is a MAJORITY of the US Debt Outstanding.

Perhaps the math on your planet works differently than it does here on Earth?

I posted the exact #'s from the treasury - NOT YOUR ROUGHLY BULLSHIT-

CHINA OWNS THE MAJORITY OF THE DEBT.

big numbers and words fuck with your pea brain - admit it.

KUNG PAO SHRIMP FOR EVERYONE !
The egg roll will replace the hot dog as America's favorite ballpark food.
Chinese, or Chinese American individuals buying homes is NOT “China buying America”!
Are you calling my title fake news ?
Maybe I'm trying to be like CNN - create a headline, then do the research
to see if it's factual or not.

ROFLMAO! No need to keep proving that you don't understand what a MAJORITY is, your first post in this thread proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

On the bright side; you do get extra retard points for repeating your stupidity even after it has been pointed out to you and posting links to articles that you clearly don't understand.

Here's a clue for the clueless, China doesn't even hold a MAJORITY of the US Debt held by foreigners.

Thanks for the laughs at your expense.....

KUNG PAO SHRIMP FOR EVERYONE !
The egg roll will replace the hot dog as America's favorite ballpark food.
Are you calling my title fake news ?
Maybe I'm trying to be like CNN - create a headline, then do the research
to see if it's factual or not.

China led major real estate purchases in the US too --

California
Texas
Florida
NY

ROFLMAO! No need to keep proving that you don't understand what a MAJORITY is, your first post in this thread proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

On the bright side; you do get extra retard points for repeating your stupidity even after it has been pointed out to you and posting links to articles that you clearly don't understand.

Here's a clue for the clueless, China doesn't even hold a MAJORITY of the US Debt held by foreigners.

stfu moron -

1.11 is greater than 1.10 and that's a majority.

DDDUUUHHH

now go study - pop quiz tomorrow @ 1pm ..

stfu moron -

DDDUUUHHH

ROFLMAO ! you're just bound and determined to attain ever greater heights of stupidity.

A Majority is MORE THAN HALF ya fucking retard and China doesn't hold even close to more than half the US Debt outstanding, so no China DOESN'T own a MAJORITY of our debt.

Here endth the lesson.

stfu moron -

DDDUUUHHH

ROFLMAO ! you're just bound and determined to attain ever greater heights of stupidity.

A Majority is MORE THAN HALF ya fucking retard and China doesn't hold even close to more than half the US Debt outstanding, so no China DOESN'T own a MAJORITY of our debt.

Here endth the lesson.

ma·jor·i·ty
/məˈjôrədē,məˈjärədē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. 1.
    the greater number.
    "in the majority of cases all will go smoothly"
    synonyms: larger part/number, greater part/number, major part, best/better part, main part, most, more than half;
    bulk, mass, weight, (main) body, preponderance, predominance, generality, lion's share;
    (the) people, the masses, the silent majority
    "in the majority of cases"
there endth your horseshit .

The Chinese purchase more U.S. residential real estate than buyers from any other foreign country, but Trump’s trade war may change that

MW-HJ632_chinau_20190515113259_ZH.jpg

The Chinese purchase more U.S. residential real estate than buyers from any other foreign country, but Trump’s trade war may change that

Foreign purchases of American homes plunge 36% as Chinese buyers flee the market

Things haven't changed much in 100 years.
CASTLEOFFUMANCHUHRws.jpg

2874470_orig.jpg
Smart money is bailing out of China to save their own butts, you know how rich folks are, they are for them selves, until the chips fall.

Foreign purchases of American homes plunge 36% as Chinese buyers flee the market

CASTLEOFFUMANCHUHRws.jpg

2874470_orig.jpg

not to mention they now own the majority of our debt, replacing Japan as #1.
No, China does not own most of the debt. China and Japan both own about 1.1 trillion dollars of the 16 trillion of public debt.
The Real Owner of the U.S. Debt Will Surprise You

YES -

The U.S. debt to China is $1.11 trillion as of May 2019. That's 27% of the $4.1 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries. The rest of the $22 trillion national debt is owned by either the American people or by the U.S. government itself.

China has the greatest amount of U.S. debt held by a foreign country. Japan comes second at $1.10 trillion. It's followed the United Kingdom at $332 billion, Brazil at $306 and Ireland at $271 billion.

LIKE I SAID ....
That is not a bunch of money since we blow about 100,000,000,000 so far on Welfare for illegals and they are not all here yet. Its not the first time people from over there have bought land and other properties over here and lost their butts.

CASTLEOFFUMANCHUHRws.jpg

2874470_orig.jpg

not to mention they now own the majority of our debt, replacing Japan as #1.
No, China does not own most of the debt. China and Japan both own about 1.1 trillion dollars of the 16 trillion of public debt.
The Real Owner of the U.S. Debt Will Surprise You

YES -

The U.S. debt to China is $1.11 trillion as of May 2019. That's 27% of the $4.1 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries. The rest of the $22 trillion national debt is owned by either the American people or by the U.S. government itself.

China has the greatest amount of U.S. debt held by a foreign country. Japan comes second at $1.10 trillion. It's followed the United Kingdom at $332 billion, Brazil at $306 and Ireland at $271 billion.

LIKE I SAID ....
That is not a bunch of money since we blow about 100,000,000,000 so far on Welfare for illegals and they are not all here yet. Its not the first time people from over there have bought land and other properties over here and lost their butts.

our butts are the sellers - when China quits buying who loses ?

oh yeah - OUR REAL ESTATE MARKET.

silly me .............

We have considerable leverage over China precisely because they hold so much of our debt. We would not need to borrow so much money if we weren't losing half a trillion or more each year from our trade deficit.

Yes, China could stop loaning us money. But, if they did that, we could retaliate by defaulting on part or all of our Chinese debt.

The solution is to do exactly what Trump is doing: put the screws to China via tariffs and force them to sign and honor a fair trade deal.

We have considerable leverage over China precisely because they hold so much of our debt. We would not need to borrow so much money if we weren't losing half a trillion or more each year from our trade deficit.

Yes, China could stop loaning us money. But, if they did that, we could retaliate by defaulting on part or all of our Chinese debt.

The solution is to do exactly what Trump is doing: put the screws to China via tariffs and force them to sign and honor a fair trade deal.
Really if you look back Japan is the one who started screwing us on trade
and we allowed it - even encouraged it at times, so who's to blame if China saw a good thing and jumped into the game ?

THEY JUST DEVALUED THE YEN -

Tariffs arent the solution.

if the lard ass old derelict was a real president he would sit down and reach an agreement on trade policy.

but tough guy bs that does nothing gives his drone collective a chubby so he does that...

No, China holding US debt does not give us any leverage over them. In fact, they can dump US treasuries which would lower the price of the Yuan making Chinese goods more attractively priced to US buyers. So far they have not don't that since there are also some negative consequences. If we refused to redeem treasuries held by the Chinese Central Bank, it would be a default which would lower our bond rating and result in our government having to pay higher interest rates. Such an action would be insane.

No, China holding US debt does not give us any leverage over them. In fact, they can dump US treasuries which would lower the price of the Yuan making Chinese goods more attractively priced to US buyers. So far they have not don't that since there are also some negative consequences. If we refused to redeem treasuries held by the Chinese Central Bank, it would be a default which would lower our bond rating and result in our government having to pay higher interest rates. Such an action would be insane.

Agreed, although if they dump US Treasuries, both sides would lose (although the US would lose more).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back