How did KY get so Screwed up?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I checked a variety rankings and KY was the only R state that made the bottom five in anybody's list. IL, CT, MA & NJ made pretty much everybody's bottom ten list. KY and usually WV made the bottom ten. NY is likely to have a crisis due to contagion. CA may even be worse than IL when the floods and fires subside but how did KY achieve such dubious distinction, anyone know why?

Well when a state's biggest historic economic staples, coal and tobacco, are two of the largest declining ones in the country, that happens. There are several other issues as well. With so much of the state being rural, and without a public transportation system, lots of people can't afford to work. You have people that have to get a job making $8 an hour, yet then end up paying $200 a month for car insurance... and then if they don't have car insurance, they get caught up in the hundreds of random checkpoints across the country that are looking for drugs, alcohol, AND people driving illegally. So then once they get a ticket for not having insurance... they either continue to drive illegally until they get thrown in jail, or they quit driving because they can't afford it... and if they can't drive, then they can't get back and forth to their $8 an hour job 10 miles away.

Well when a state's biggest historic economic staples, coal and tobacco, are two of the largest declining ones in the country, that happens. There are several other issues as well. With so much of the state being rural, and without a public transportation system, lots of people can't afford to work. You have people that have to get a job making $8 an hour, yet then end up paying $200 a month for car insurance... and then if they don't have car insurance, they get caught up in the hundreds of random checkpoints across the country that are looking for drugs, alcohol, AND people driving illegally. So then once they get a ticket for not having insurance... they either continue to drive illegally until they get thrown in jail, or they quit driving because they can't afford it... and if they can't drive, then they can't get back and forth to their $8 an hour job 10 miles away.
I travel by car over 30,000 miles a year, across numerous states, and have yet to encounter one of these "hundreds" of checkpoints.

You just made all that shit up, didn't ya?

I travel by car over 30,000 miles a year, across numerous states, and have yet to encounter one of these "hundreds" of checkpoints.

You just made all that shit up, didn't ya?

No. They happen in rural Kentucky almost every weekend or two. That's what happens when these little cities are full of meth, drunks, and people with no licenses...

I checked a variety rankings and KY was the only R state that made the bottom five in anybody's list. IL, CT, MA & NJ made pretty much everybody's bottom ten list. KY and usually WV made the bottom ten. NY is likely to have a crisis due to contagion. CA may even be worse than IL when the floods and fires subside but how did KY achieve such dubious distinction, anyone know why?
Years of neglect and mismanagement by Democrats.

You must not be able to read... Kentucky is a Republican state. The only areas that most of the Democrats are in control are areas like Lexington and Louisville.

Don't believe the crap in the media about Kentucky. Have you ever lived there? I have.

Last edited:

You must not be able to read... Kentucky is a Republican state. The only areas that most of the Democrats are in control are areas like Lexington and Louisville.
Kentucky is RECENTLY a Republican state.

Who do you think gave the opposition response to Trump’s address to Congress in 2017? That’s right, our DEMOCRAT former governor.

Who controlled the Kentucky state House until 2016? That’s right, the Democrats.

And to add to that Louisville is a large part of the economy in this state and completely dominated by Democrats, and yeah, it is the Democrats fault.

Democrats have never done anything to help the poor people in the rural South and never will.

Who do you think gave the opposition response to Trump’s address to Congress in 2017? That’s right, our DEMOCRAT former governor.

Who controlled the Kentucky state House until 2016? That’s right, the Democrats.

And to add to that Louisville is a large part of the economy in this state and completely dominated by Democrats, and yeah, it is the Democrats fault.

Democrats have never done anything to help the poor people in the rural South and never will.

Over the last 10 Presidential Elections, Kentucky has only voted Democrat twice, both for southern boy and RHINO in Democrat clothing Bill Clinton. You can't judge if Kentucky is Democrat or Republican by the Governor. You have to judge it county by county because they governor is elected by popular vote which means huge cities like Lexington can outvote half the counties in rural Kentucky alone. You don't know just how Republican Kentucky is until you take a look at all the local elections. Most of the time the only local elections that matter are the primaries where Republicans are running for their spot in the fall... where they run unopposed.

My Landlord has lived in Kentucky his entire life, and though he is well-liked by most of the city, he will not talk politics with very many people. He knows just how bad it can ruin your business.

What do you do? Live there? I lived in Lexington. It is a nice little city. There is nothing wrong with Kentucky. The Media hates anything that isn't Coastal nor Liberal.

Lexington is a whole different world than other parts of Kentucky. Go drive through McCreary, KY and some of the other rural counties. You might think some of the scenery is beautiful until you see people living in conditions you wouldn't want your dog to live in.

When I lived in Jackson County I saw some of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in my life. When I worked at the jail there part time they brought in a meth dealer that had saved his on piss, to then run back through his meth lab to try and get every bit out of it as he could.

Over the last 10 Presidential Elections, Kentucky has only voted Democrat twice, both for southern boy and RHINO in Democrat clothing Bill Clinton. You can't judge if Kentucky is Democrat or Republican by the Governor. You have to judge it county by county because they governor is elected by popular vote which means huge cities like Lexington can outvote half the counties in rural Kentucky alone. You don't know just how Republican Kentucky is until you take a look at all the local elections. Most of the time the only local elections that matter are the primaries where Republicans are running for their spot in the fall... where they run unopposed.

My Landlord has lived in Kentucky his entire life, and though he is well-liked by most of the city, he will not talk politics with very many people. He knows just how bad it can ruin your business.
Kentucky is a centrist state. Which is why Democrats have lost it and will eventually lose Louisville.

What do you do? Live there? I lived in Lexington. It is a nice little city. There is nothing wrong with Kentucky. The Media hates anything that isn't Coastal nor Liberal.

Lexington is a whole different world than other parts of Kentucky. Go drive through McCreary, KY and some of the other rural counties. You might think some of the scenery is beautiful until you see people living in conditions you wouldn't want your dog to live in.

When I lived in Jackson County I saw some of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in my life. When I worked at the jail there part time they brought in a meth dealer that had saved his on piss, to then run back through his meth lab to try and get every bit out of it as he could.
That is nothing compared to what regularly goes on in the Southwest.

How hilarious the two people calling Kentucky a Liberal state are ones that live in the largest metropolitan prominently liberal cities!

Hell I even mentioned the two cities before you guys brought them up!

:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

How hilarious the two people calling Kentucky a Liberal state are ones that live in the largest metropolitan prominently liberal cities!

That makes no sense.

Try again.

That makes no sense.

Try again.

I'm sorry to I have to explain again from earlier in the thread?

"Over the last 10 Presidential Elections, Kentucky has only voted Democrat twice, both for southern boy and RHINO in Democrat clothing Bill Clinton. You can't judge if Kentucky is Democrat or Republican by the Governor. You have to judge it county by county because they governor is elected by popular vote which means huge cities like Lexington can outvote half the counties in rural Kentucky alone. You don't know just how Republican Kentucky is until you take a look at all the local elections. Most of the time the only local elections that matter are the primaries where Republicans are running for their spot in the fall... where they run unopposed.

My Landlord has lived in Kentucky his entire life, and though he is well-liked by most of the city, he will not talk politics with very many people. He knows just how bad it can ruin your business."

If governor wasn't elected by popular vote, and went by a system similar to the electoral college, Kentucky would almost always have a Republican governor.

Forum List

Back