How do we kill the political party system?

Term limits
Public financing for national offices.
Require all ads & debates be broadcast on public television (we pay for it after all)
Hold all national primaries in a 14 day window
Remove the D & R from all ballots (stops enabling dumbfucks to vote a straight party ticket without first being informed)

Our problems lie with the public that sit idly by while politicians rape us. These changes would end that practice.

I don't see it happening.
Neither do I but I can hope... And the more good and realistic ideas that get thrown out there the closer we get... Can't just bitch about things, solutions need to be presented.

With the rise of Trump and Sanders there is obvious anti establishment support in this country... There's a chance to ride the wave if we can get a clear picture of what that wave looks like.

You don't. Political parties are vitally important to provide structure, organization and funding. They also provide an ideological platform for a consistent voice as well as checks and balances to maintain that voice. Imagine an airheaded, lying, loose canon like Trump without a party structure. It would be pure chaos, and downright dangerous.

I don't see it happening.
Neither do I but I can hope... And the more good and realistic ideas that get thrown out there the closer we get... Can't just bitch about things, solutions need to be presented.

With the rise of Trump and Sanders there is obvious anti establishment support in this country... There's a chance to ride the wave if we can get a clear picture of what that wave looks like.
That's all true but politicians always find a way around the will of the people. The primary process needs to be reformed and some laws need to be passed so they can't force candidates on us we don't want but since Congress are the ones who pass the laws, it'll never happen.

Term limits
Require all ads & debates be broadcast on public television (we pay for it after all)
Remove the D & R from all ballots (stops enabling dumbfucks to vote a straight party ticket without first being informed)

Our problems lie with the public that sit idly by while politicians rape us. These changes would end that practice.

That would be a plan for general reforms.

Term limits

That would be a plan for general reforms.
Gotta start somewhere.

You don't. Political parties are vitally important to provide structure, organization and funding. They also provide an ideological platform for a consistent voice as well as checks and balances to maintain that voice. Imagine an airheaded, lying, loose canon like Trump without a party structure. It would be pure chaos, and downright dangerous.
I disagree, I think the party system is a source of corruption, manipulation and posturing that doesn't address individual issues but a collective agenda that many mindlessly support. It paints candidates into a corner and limits free expression. The campaign financing part of it is also in need of major reform and is a huge source of the corruption and problems

Forum List

Back