How do we stop "the poor" from being so problematic?

Bailing out a collapsing economy is what Obama did.
Don't make excuses for it. It was pure "corporate welfare". Had he let those companies go out of business (as he should have and as he was legally required to do), the U.S. economy would be exponentially stronger today. If for no other reason, we wouldn't be $20 trillion in debt. But we also wouldn't have Americans employed by incompetent companies. We would have American workers working for stronger companies today - which means more stability and more success.

Do tell why all these 13M are poor. Do they all suffer from handicaps and mental illnesses that prevent them from working? Do they all have families who apparently shit on them and threw them out for the trouble?

Nay, far more likely they've made stupid decisions, similar to my son's, in trying to live a lifestyle that their paycheck cannot provide, or worse, those who turned to crime rather than commit themselves to a "proper" life.

I feel no obligation to support those who make stupid decisions in their life, especially when I believe, and am regularly told, that I've no right to tell someone how to live. To clarify, I've no problem with them doing as they wish, right up until they start reaching in my wallet to pay for their choices.

If the fools need more money, then they best get off their asses and earn it. There is nothing preventing them from finding a second job so they can have that unlimited cell phone plan, there is nothing preventing them from taking on a 2h a day paper route to pay for whatever it is they feel is holding them back from success...

The >13M are full-time workers. They are paid so little that they qualify as poor.

According to you, how many hours per week are full-time workers to work? 40, 80, 120?

According to you, how many jobs are workers to have? 2, 3, 4?

As of this week I have 790 employees. The lowest paid employees are paid $48,950.00 per year, plus 100% company paid benefits. Every employer should be doing his/her part.

Bailing out a collapsing economy is what Obama did.
Don't make excuses for it. It was pure "corporate welfare". Had he let those companies go out of business (as he should have and as he was legally required to do), the U.S. economy would be exponentially stronger today. If for no other reason, we wouldn't be $20 trillion in debt. But we also wouldn't have Americans employed by incompetent companies. We would have American workers working for stronger companies today - which means more stability and more success.
It was made necessary by failed republican policies. The huge tax breaks corporations see under every GOP president is corporate welfare.

Tax dollars to dollar made- corporations are getting away with robbery.
So let's overhaul our disgusting tax code. I'll sign on the dotted line if you will!

10% flat tax across the board on income - absolutely no deductions.
20% flat tax across the board on corporations - absolutely no deductions.

Simplified. Streamlined. Cost effective. Priced for job growth.
Oh....and I forgot to add....a huge increase in sales tax to pull in revenue from the dirt-bag gamblers, prostitutes, drug-dealers, etc. who pay no income tax. They may be able to avoid that - but they can't avoid buying clothes, soap, shoes, etc. Time we nail those S.O.B.'S and make them pay their "fair share".

Do tell why all these 13M are poor. Do they all suffer from handicaps and mental illnesses that prevent them from working? Do they all have families who apparently shit on them and threw them out for the trouble?

Nay, far more likely they've made stupid decisions, similar to my son's, in trying to live a lifestyle that their paycheck cannot provide, or worse, those who turned to crime rather than commit themselves to a "proper" life.

I feel no obligation to support those who make stupid decisions in their life, especially when I believe, and am regularly told, that I've no right to tell someone how to live. To clarify, I've no problem with them doing as they wish, right up until they start reaching in my wallet to pay for their choices.

If the fools need more money, then they best get off their asses and earn it. There is nothing preventing them from finding a second job so they can have that unlimited cell phone plan, there is nothing preventing them from taking on a 2h a day paper route to pay for whatever it is they feel is holding them back from success...

The >13M are full-time workers. They are paid so little that they qualify as poor.

According to you, how many hours per week are full-time workers to work? 40, 80, 120?

As of this week I have 790 employees. The lowest paid employees are paid $48,950.00 per year, plus 100% company paid benefits. Every employer should be doing his/her part.
Amen

Corporations pay half of their employees social security and FICA.

In those kinds of "career" jobs they match 401k contributions and pay into their employees health insurance a lot of the time as well.

Corporations deduct the cost of employee expenses thus bring the actual amount to less than 30% of gross.

Ah, 401k. How many employees are terminated BEFORE vested?

How many employers play fast and easy with employee healthcare contributions? Great way to pay for a vacation house.

My companys lowest paid worker is probably making under 20k a year full time. Hard to live off that

My companys lowest paid worker is probably making under 20k a year full time. Hard to live off that
Back it can be done. And if they don't like it - they are free to go work somewhere else.

And not for nothing - but in my last position my salary increased $17,000 as my performance dictated increases and promotions. So that person may be at $20,000 today, but they don't have to be there tomorrow (and won't be if they perform).

The answer to the question asked of me is "However many jobs they need to live the lifestyle they've chosen to have." If one wishes to work only 35-40 hours a week at minimum wage, then concessions must be made, like cellphones and cable for instance, or if you're very stupid and had kids whilst working McDonald's, perhaps harsher cuts, like cars and having a 2bdrm apartment.

I've no sympathy and nothing ya'll say is going to give me any. While I do have money in the bank, my family and I live very well off of about $36k a year and it's not like where I live in Alaska is 'cheap' either; we have one of the higher costs of living in the nation.

It's not hard for a family to come up with $36k a year, even /if/ one has made stupid ass decisions in ones life.

It work in the sense that it saved us from a serious economic depression...
No it didn't. Barack Obama said that if he was allowed to through trillions of dollars around the country, unemployment would "never" hit 8%. Instead, it went over 10%.

The answer to the question asked of me is "However many jobs they need to live the lifestyle they've chosen to have." If one wishes to work only 35-40 hours a week at minimum wage, then concessions must be made, like cellphones and cable for instance, or if you're very stupid and had kids whilst working McDonald's, perhaps harsher cuts, like cars and having a 2bdrm apartment.

I've no sympathy and nothing ya'll say is going to give me any. While I do have money in the bank, my family and I live very well off of about $36k a year and it's not like where I live in Alaska is 'cheap' either; we have one of the higher costs of living in the nation.

It's not hard for a family to come up with $36k a year, even /if/ one has made stupid ass decisions in ones life.
:udaman::udaman::udaman:

Back it can be done. And if they don't like it - they are free to go work somewhere else.

And not for nothing - but in my last position my salary increased $17,000 as my performance dictated increases and promotions. So that person may be at $20,000 today, but they don't have to be there tomorrow (and won't be if they perform).
It can barely be done, certainly not easy for lets say, a single mother. I don't think any American working 40 hours a week should be below the line of poverty.

Actually I should rephrase that, really, you shouldn't be a single mom at all, or at a minimum get on your ex to pay for his kids.

Forum List

Back