How do you feel about your life savings?

So you save. Many dollars. Just like the Germans saved their money.
What will you do when the government spends so many dollars that yours become worth pennies?
1629572513662.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

"Age of retirement" ... :lmao:
In which State do you teach?
I teach in WA State.
Pay is great, looking to retire in another State, and continue teaching, but the pay is much less in MOST other States.

Not bad, depending on the city or town. No one becomes a teacher in order to get rich.
That was true in 1985, when I took my first job in Bakersfield CA, at $22,000 per.
WA paid $18,000 at that time.

Things have changed (in the last 10 years) and teacher salaries are finally getting to livable.

36 years in, 59 years old, nearing retirement.

That was true in 1985, when I took my first job in Bakersfield CA, at $22,000 per.
WA paid $18,000 at that time.

Things have changed (in the last 10 years) and teacher salaries are finally getting to livable.

36 years in, 59 years old, nearing retirement.
If you want to get rich, you don't become a teacher. If you want to serve, you become a teacher.

If you want to get rich, you don't become a teacher. If you want to serve, you become a teacher.
I have had my salary raise to 6 figures in WA over 31 years.
I am NOT one to say that teachers are 'underpaid' at least in WA.
I feel I'm fairly compensated.

Not so easy for you to LIE! It is the Callous Conservative Republicans who exploit the Middle Classes, working poor and those in poverty. You're a callous and self serving person.
I know you are but what am I?

1629576183167.png

Invest in gold and silver and unlike most american sheep,you will be fine.
I have lots (define sheep) of Silver (define a lot of Silver.).
I have ZERO Gold Coins. Yet
Just to give away (Silver) to my Grand Children.

God Bless this Fabulous Country We All live within.

By the age of retirement, the money you saved will not be enough to be able to survive, Millennials may need to double how much they save for retirement! workers who are decades away from retirement will need to save more, in some cases twice as much as they were saving before to make up the difference. we don't know what market returns are going to be tomorrow, much less for the next 10, 20, 30, or 40 years
At some point, the only way to afford retirement will be to have a lavish retirement account from Congress

Forum List

Back