How does the lie that it is only a few bad cops actually work?

It just doesn’t. The lie does not stand up to even a moment of critical thought. We are told that it is 1% of cops who give the others a bad name. But if that were true, then that one bad cop would live in terror that the other 99 would find out about him.

Anne Frank and her family and friends were not out shopping and living. They were hiding in a small attic to try and survive because the Nazi’s were hunting the Jews. The minority were being hunted by the vast majority.

So even if it was not 1% of cops that were bad. Even if it was 10% the bad ones would be terrified of the other 90% wouldn’t they?

Yet we are told that bad cops somehow intimidate the good ones. That is why the good cops are afraid to speak out about the wrongdoing. Yet how can the minority keep the alleged vast majority in fear?

Now that this lie is destroyed. We move on to the next lie. The cops have to.

This lie says that those damned liberals have put so many hurdles in the way of getting the bad guys off the streets that the cops have to lie and plant evidence to get the guilty.

Nonsense again. Our system is designed to make it hard to send someone to prison. That is true. We have a lot of rules. It is not because we live criminals. It is because we are horrified that we might send an innocent man to prison for a crime they did not commit.

Our founders said that a person can not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law. They believed in the courts following the rules. They believed there should be a process to deprive us of life, liberty, or property. They believed the courts were to find what happened, and who was responsible. The entire premise of a jury trial is allowing your fellow citizens to determine what the truth is.

That can not happen if the police and prosecutors lie and cheat. Yes. A guilty man may go free. But that is better than an innocent man losing his freedom or his life at the hands of a corrupt system.

Police have stressful jobs is next. Many people have a stressful job and we do not accept the abuses from them. So that lie is nonsense as well.

We hold the rest of society to account why do we ignore the misdeeds of the police? I mean if you come home after a stressful day at work and beat on your wife do you really think she is going to figure you needed to let some steam off?

The funny thing is this. Other than the first excuse the rest of the excuses all admit and acknowledge that the police are corrupt but somehow it is a good thing.

The police are given greater authority than the average citizen. Why hold them to a lower standard than anyone else? At the very least we should hold them to the same standard as everyone else.
It works because a majority of cops are good people that are trying to do the right thing.

The problems, IMO, are:
- Because of the job loyalty is highly valued to a detriment and that is how good cops end up supporting bad ones.
-Police unions are too powerful, this makes corruption easier.
-District attorneys need to be good to the police because they are their partners in prosecuting crimes, this gives incentive to the DA to give too much leeway and this lets bad cops slip through the cracks when they should have been terminated sooner.
-Too militarized and aggressive. It is a dangerous job so I understand stopping a potential threat has to be a priority always but I can't help but notice some situations with bad outcomes turn out that way because of excessive aggression almost creating a worse situation.
-Punishment for mistakes is light or non existent in too many cases.

Cops have a challenging job and I respect that. They can be become scapegoats or villified for trying to do the right thing and I understand that as well. I think some reform of the profession is needed and some more accountability. Excessive aggression especially concerning swat teams needs to be addressed, too many innocent people are being killed with no recourse. This isn't just on police but the legal system as a whole.

Did you completely misread what I wrote
Do you define a cop witnessing incorrect behaviour by a colleague and neither correcting nor reporting that behaviour as a bad cop?
Possibly, depends on the circumstances. Why are you another one of those idiots that think most cops are bad?

What circumstances could justify a cop witnessing another cops illegal misbehavior, and not doing or saying something about it?

What circumstances could justify a cop witnessing another cops illegal misbehavior, and not doing or saying something about it?
Looks like the blue wall is only possibly a bad thing. Which also means it's possibly a good thing cops lie for each other and do nothing about bad behaviour.

Do you define a cop witnessing incorrect behaviour by a colleague and neither correcting nor reporting that behaviour as a bad cop?
Possibly, depends on the circumstances. Why are you another one of those idiots that think most cops are bad?

I don't know, having to deal with known scum.

So you think laws and regulations don't matter when a cop is pissed off? Are cops allowed to make up new rules depending on their mood?

So you think laws and regulations don't matter when a cop is pissed off? Are cops allowed to make up new rules depending on their mood?
Sure, why not. Everyone else seems too........ :eusa_whistle:

(Psst! I bet you're taking me seriously..........., well at the moment that is..........)

(Psst! I bet you're taking me seriously..........., well at the moment that is..........)

I'll assume you had nothing more to justify your remarks, so you make a silly dodge. As a courtesy, I will just pretend it didn't happen, just like I would if you accidentally farted.

I'll assume you had nothing more to justify your remarks, so you make a silly dodge. As a courtesy, I will just pretend it didn't happen, just like I would if you accidentally farted.
If that's what you choose to believe then have at it........ :rofl:

Oh and given that it appears you believe most cops are "bad", I'm surprised you're not a birther........ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh and given that it appears you believe most cops are "bad", I'm surprised you're not a birther........ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I never said most Just many, and for the reasons given.

The OP's contention is most to all, you appeared to be taking that tack. Now when you state 'many' do you mean 5%? 10%? 20%? 50%? Many is subjective.

The OP's contention is most to all, you appeared to be taking that tack. Now when you state 'many' do you mean 5%? 10%? 20%? 50%? Many is subjective.

I don't have a specific percentage across the country. It is not uncommon in my experience to deal with arogant, insulting, rude cops who seem to enjoy abusing people for something as simple as a speeding ticket.

I don't have a specific percentage across the country. It is not uncommon in my experience to deal with arogant, insulting, rude cops who seem to enjoy abusing people for something as simple as a speeding ticket.
Interesting because I only had that problem back in the late 70s when someone told the cops I was dealing pot...... What are you doing, giving them attitude?

Interesting because I only had that problem back in the late 70s when someone told the cops I was dealing pot...... What are you doing, giving them attitude?

.There is nothing about my appearance, demeanor, or attitude to cause the childish, arrogant behavior most cops display.

.There is nothing about my appearance, demeanor, or attitude to cause the childish, arrogant behavior most cops display.
Maybe it's your perception of what constitutes childish, arrogant behavior........... Unless you live in NJ or NYC then all bets are off........

Maybe it's your perception of what constitutes childish, arrogant behavior........... Unless you live in NJ or NYC then all bets are off........

Typical cop ass kisser. Blame the victim.

Typical cop ass kisser. Blame the victim.
More often than not it's the "victim" who's at fault. :lol:

Besides, I was talking perceptions, you want to play the "victim" then be my guest. :rofl:

Forum List

Back