How does the University of Colorado Sea Level Research Laboratory determine global sea level?

If I give you a metal bar and a ruler or a tape measure, can you measure it's length? I'm going to make a huge presumption and assume you will answer yes, because the bar is not changing (though it is but by too little to matter here). But do you think that ruler is perfect? Do you think that tape measure is perfect? Do you think your eyes are perfect or the hands you hold it all with? So neither that ruler nor that tape measure nor the best human eyes and the steadiest human hands on the whole planet are going to allow us to determine the ACTUAL length of that bar.
Hahaha.

A metal bar, a ruler. In my career which is science we call that metal bar, a SCALE.

Our 6 inch scales are calibrated under specific conditions and temperatures against a standard.

We do determine the actual length of metal, period.

We know the exact length of bars.

Crick, what we can not measure, from space is the ocean. An impossibility.

Was the citation too sciency for you? ... maybe you should stick to baking cookies for the boys ...
Democrats believe women should bake cookies?

Democrats are taking america back to 1924

And I a man not a woman, Try thinking and using the clues, like my avatar which is from the Elektra record label and not the movie, moron.

Democrats believe women should bake cookies?

Democrats are taking america back to 1924

And I a man not a woman, Try thinking and using the clues, like my avatar which is from the Elektra record label and not the movie, moron.
The movie? I would have assumed it was from Greek legend, where Electra was the daughter of Agememnon and Clytemnestra.

Hahaha.

A metal bar, a ruler. In my career which is science we call that metal bar, a SCALE.

Our 6 inch scales are calibrated under specific conditions and temperatures against a standard.

We do determine the actual length of metal, period.

We know the exact length of bars.

Crick, what we can not measure, from space is the ocean. An impossibility.
When I said "metal bar", I was thinking of a scrap of rebar or some bar stock, not a gauge block.

The point was that like any measurement of continuous parameters, the determination of sea level is an estimate. But it is a good one. Your contention that it simply cannot be measured is pure ignorance.

When I said "metal bar", I was thinking of a scrap of rebar or some bar stock, not a gauge block.

The point was that like any measurement of continuous parameters, the determination of sea level is an estimate. But it is a good one. Your contention that it simply cannot be measured is pure ignorance.
Pure ignorance is you.

Rebar is accurately measured. Everything metal that needs a measurment is accurately measured.

And thank you for admitting that sea level is an opinion, an estimate, nothing more.

As I said, sea level can not be measured.

Pure ignorance is you.
You've yet to demonstrate anything of the kind.
Rebar is accurately measured.
A scrap of rebar is not accurately measured and taking a ruler or a tape measure to it is not going to determing its ACTUAL length.
Everything metal that needs a measurment[sic] is accurately measured.
Mercury? Sodium in boiling water? What is wrong with you?
And thank you for admitting that sea level is an opinion, an estimate, nothing more.
You completely missed the point.
As I said, sea level can not be measured.
Of course it can you idiot.

A scrap of rebar is not accurately measured and taking a ruler or a tape measure to it is not going to determing its ACTUAL length.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You really are stupid.

Forum List

Back