🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How Dumb?

Folklore genius? Traditions passed down for generations started in '66 from a racist celebrating an fictional African holiday only celebrated in the States

Brilliant :lol:
What a ridiculous statement.. How many Kwanzaa celebrations have you attended? I have attended numerous Kwanzaa celebrations and have never seen a single act of violence at one.

Your disdain for Karenga is a totally separate issue from the spirit of Kwanza. Comparing an ethnic holiday tradition that happens to be outside of the normality of American society to a murderous tradition because you happen to think that the originator of the tradition is a "violent Marxist" is absurd.

If you want to go in the direction of protesting violence, start with American history. This nation would not be considered the "worlds police" if there was not some violence in it's own history.

To katsteve2012: This is where everyone with an ounce of brains get off:

To assist those who are purposefully selective.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/themes/TheBlaze/mi.php?dest=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/19/do-you-know-the-real-history-of-kwanzaa-heres-what-its-all-about/

I read it. Still seems silly, but I don't care if black Americans want to make a special black baby Jeebus and a special black Easter. Whatever. Have at it.

The candle lighting thing is a direct rip-off of the Jewish menorah, though. Meh.

1 a
Seven hos a hoing
Six pimps a pimping
Five golden bliiiiiiiings
Four Crips with Glocks
Three drop outs
Two dead cops
And a partridge in a pear treeeeee

Everybody sing! OK now just the women!

There is a vast difference between a cultural and religious celebration., but one thing is certain, the ignorance of some in this forum never fails to be entertaining.....but on that one you failed.

Doesn't even rhyme.

Neither does the original. It's satire. :)
Folklore genius? Traditions passed down for generations started in '66 from a racist celebrating an fictional African holiday only celebrated in the States

What a ridiculous statement.. How many Kwanzaa celebrations have you attended? I have attended numerous Kwanzaa celebrations and have never seen a single act of violence at one.

Your disdain for Karenga is a totally separate issue from the spirit of Kwanza. Comparing an ethnic holiday tradition that happens to be outside of the normality of American society to a murderous tradition because you happen to think that the originator of the tradition is a "violent Marxist" is absurd.

If you want to go in the direction of protesting violence, start with American history. This nation would not be considered the "worlds police" if there was not some violence in it's own history.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/themes/TheBlaze/mi.php?dest=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/19/do-you-know-the-real-history-of-kwanzaa-heres-what-its-all-about/

I read it. Still seems silly, but I don't care if black Americans want to make a special black baby Jeebus and a special black Easter. Whatever. Have at it.

The candle lighting thing is a direct rip-off of the Jewish menorah, though. Meh.

Then if you dont care, w

Then if you dont care, why waste time reading the link or even commenting?

Then if you dont care, whice makes difference to anyone, why waste time reading the link or even commenting?

I read it to see if it offered anything new or insightful. It didn't. And I heard you the first two times. :)

I thought Blacks wanted to blend in and be accepted. So they create a holiday that separates them even more from the mainstream.

I'm old enough to remember the Civil Rights movement. It was not about "blending in or acceptance". It was about equal rights under the law.

Asians immigrate here and retain their culture and customs, as did eastern Europeans.
I thought Blacks wanted to blend in and be accepted. So they create a holiday that separates them even more from the mainstream.

Just because Ron Karenga started the custom does not mean that the majority of blacks celebrate it. T
And those that do are typically not seeking to segregate from society. It is one week out of 52.
I thought but was folklore and tradition...what changed in the last few posts?

It's stupid, plain and simple. Started by an abusive racist hateful felon wannabe cult leader

I read it to see if it offered anything new or insightful. It didn't. :)

To Carib Gyal: Try the Beaver’s mother who could see through Kwanzaa jive speak.

. . . look to Karenga's personal philosophy, which is one that closely follows Karl Marx.

In 1848, Karl Marx said:​

There is only one way in which the murderous death agonies of the old society and the bloody birth throes of the new society can be shortened, simplified and concentrated, and that way is revolutionary terror.​

About Marxism and violence, John Molyneux had this to say:​

...in the struggle for this new society Marxists do not reject all violence.​

So, Karenga's philosophy is one of violence. Al Sharpton, where are you on this? You supposedly abhor violence. Are you giving Karenga a pass because both of you were FBI informants? Or is it because you said in 1971 that Kwanzaa "...would perform the valuable service of 'de-whitizing' Christmas."​

AHHHHH yes, the Right-wing War on Kwanzaa!

To edthecynic: You are a fool defending a brutal ideology that will make Communism look like a humanitarian religion. Kwanzaa’s followers will not sit around the camp fire singing Kumbaya the minute they get their hands on the political power. Bet on this one. They will bare their fangs the same way Communists did after they acquired absolute power in so many places.

Communism Left So Many Scarred Lives Behind
By Dr. Ileana Johnson Paugh December 27, 2014​

Indeed, why do you think the nation’s number one America-haters offered their support?

President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama extended Kwanzaa greetings on Friday, the first day of the weeklong celebration.​

President, first lady offer Kwanzaa greetings
By Jesse Byrnes - 12/26/14 01:38 PM EST

President first lady offer Kwanzaa greetings TheHill

Last edited:
. . . look to Karenga's personal philosophy, which is one that closely follows Karl Marx.

There is only one way in which the murderous death agonies of the old society and the bloody birth throes of the new society can be shortened, simplified and concentrated, and that way is revolutionary terror.​

So, Karenga's philosophy is one of violence. Al Sharpton, where are you on this? You supposedly abhor violence. Are you giving Karenga a pass because both of you were FBI informants? Or is it because you said in 1971 that Kwanzaa "...would perform the valuable service of 'de-whitizing' Christmas."​

AHHHHH yes, the Right-wing War on Kwanzaa!

To edthecynic: You are a fool defending a brutal ideology that will make Communism look like a humanitarian religion. Kwanzaa’s followers will not sit around the camp fire singing Kumbaya the minute they get their hands on the political power. Bet on this one. They will bare their fangs the same way Communists did after they acquired absolute power in so many places.

Communism Left So Many Scarred Lives Behind
By Dr. Ileana Johnson Paugh December 27, 2014​

Indeed, why do you think the nation’s number one America-haters offered their support?

President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama extended Kwanzaa greetings on Friday, the first day of the weeklong celebration.​

President, first lady offer Kwanzaa greetings
By Jesse Byrnes - 12/26/14 01:38 PM EST

President first lady offer Kwanzaa greetings TheHill
Baloney!
Go hide in a corner.

How dumb is this? The USPS actually issued a series of Kwanzaa postage stamps:

The first Kwanzaa commemorative stamp was issued in 1997. New designs were also issued in 2004, 2009, and 2011.​

First Day of Issue
November 26, 2013 • Philadelphia, PA 19104

Kwanzaa, Forever | USPS Stamps

images
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...448d8a5e93a4b22739530_zh10c_1024.jpg?rlvnet=1

I’m waiting for the one that says HAPPY KWANZAA MOTHER F----R

Alas, the country has been going through this farce every year:

Obamas say Happy Kwanzaa; most candidates say nothing
By Daniel Chaitin • 12/26/15 3:52 PM •Updated: 12/25/15 7:50 PM

I wonder if future presidents are going to continue the Kwanzaa bullshit?

My my MY. Did somebody get a nice battery-powered Butthurt Generator for Xmas?

How dumb is this? The USPS actually issued a series of Kwanzaa postage stamps:

The first Kwanzaa commemorative stamp was issued in 1997. New designs were also issued in 2004, 2009, and 2011.​

First Day of Issue
November 26, 2013 • Philadelphia, PA 19104

Kwanzaa, Forever | USPS Stamps

images
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL9yoeUezO1zwlU9NP79lEGDnSSdF-2ZMRGAZbqzMGo65q2hDClg:rlv.zcache.com/happy_kwanzaa_postage_stamps-r6b18377bb76448d8a5e93a4b22739530_zh10c_1024.jpg?rlvnet=1

I’m waiting for the one that says HAPPY KWANZAA MOTHER F----R

And your point is what? If you are that bothered by the USPS issuing these stamps, then don't buy any.

Alas, the country has been going through this farce every year:

By Daniel Chaitin • 12/26/15 3:52 PM •Updated: 12/25/15 7:50 PM

I wonder if future presidents are going to continue the Kwanzaa bullshit?

Whether they do or not is irrelevant. The fact is that there are many people who do observe it, and it is not going away.

I'm old enough to remember the Civil Rights movement. It was not about "blending in or acceptance". It was about equal rights under the law.

Asians immigrate here and retain their culture and customs, as did eastern Europeans.

Just because Ron Karenga started the custom does not mean that the majority of blacks celebrate it. T
And those that do are typically not seeking to segregate from society. It is one week out of 52.
I thought but was folklore and tradition...what changed in the last few posts?

It's stupid, plain and simple. Started by an abusive racist hateful felon wannabe cult leader

So, you have an opinion. And you also, like the OP have an option to ignore it when the celebration arrives every year.

Combine the details in Ann Coulter’s article with Professor Warren Beatty’s historical facts and Lefty dumbbells might actually learn something:

December 27, 2014
Kwanzaa -- A Made-up Holiday
By Warren Beatty

Articles Kwanzaa -- A Made-up Holiday

Sure. Probably about as "made" up as a holiday whose cast of characters includes a fat, bearded, old guy in a red suit who climbs down chimneys to leave gifts for kids that are made by elves and rides a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer.

It's called "folklore" genius.
^This is priceless stupidity right here folks.

Combine the details in Ann Coulter’s article with Professor Warren Beatty’s historical facts and Lefty dumbbells might actually learn something:

December 27, 2014
Kwanzaa -- A Made-up Holiday
By Warren Beatty

Articles Kwanzaa -- A Made-up Holiday

Sure. Probably about as "made" up as a holiday whose cast of characters includes a fat, bearded, old guy in a red suit who climbs down chimneys to leave gifts for kids that are made by elves and rides a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer.

It's called "folklore" genius.

To katsteve2012: Saint Nick is harmless to children and adults. Kwanzaa is a murderous tradition for everyone who believes it.

Why don't African people celebrate Kwanza if it is a intrinsically African holiday that is well known enough for black Americans to know about it?

Forum List

Back