How Good is the Economy? Hundreds of Men Line UP Over Night for Apprenticeship!

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Yeah, things are that good, that hundreds of men line up for one job program, sleeping on the streets hoping to get that one shot at the job.

Between the "Hate America Firsters" on the Left and the "Hate AMERICANS Firsters" on the right, working people dont have much to hope for.

Hundreds Of Men Sleeping On Streets Of Queens For Shot At Plumbers Union Apprenticeship Program
Hundreds of young men are sleeping on the streets of Queens Sunday night for a shot at a job.

CBS2’s Ali Bauman reported they are waiting for an application to the Plumbers Union Apprenticeship Program. One thousand applications are handed out in order Monday morning. After tests and interviews, only a percentage are accepted to the five-year program.

Last edited:
wonder how Trump will spin this into job creation?

Well we all know how Hillary,Lizzie and Obama feel about jobs....

Hillay creates jobs.jpg

The Great and Powerful Obama is the only one who creates jobs.... Fuckers!!!

My my, with unemployment numbers so low its a wonder anyone is without a job. I thought the administration had cured the unemployment problem and the economy was booming. Could this be an overstatement Mr President not so, they tell us how wonderful everything is and that the new normal is 62% participation in the work force, and Nancy says now we can do whatever our hart desires.

Perhaps a little perspective is due here. Union apprenticeship jobs have always had very long list of applicants. They are good jobs that once apprenticeship is completed turn into great jobs. Union scale and benefits lead to college for the kids, a nice house and a two car family with great vacations, and of course, medical insurance and a nice retirement. The unemployment numbers have little to do with people wanting to learn a trade that will give them top of the line jobs in the trade unions.

Perhaps a little perspective is due here. Union apprenticeship jobs have always had very long list of applicants. They are good jobs that once apprenticeship is completed turn into great jobs. Union scale and benefits lead to college for the kids, a nice house and a two car family with great vacations, and of course, medical insurance and a nice retirement. The unemployment numbers have little to do with people wanting to learn a trade that will give them top of the line jobs in the trade unions.

leave it to RW dolts to spin it ..

New York City’s population at 8,550,405, as of July 2015. This represented an increase of 375,300 residents (or 4.6 percent) over the April 2010 decennial census count of 8,175,133. The city has not witnessed such a robust pace of growth since the 1920s.

My my, with unemployment numbers so low its a wonder anyone is without a job. I thought the administration had cured the unemployment problem and the economy was booming. Could this be an overstatement Mr President not so, they tell us how wonderful everything is and that the new normal is 62% participation in the work force, and Nancy says now we can do whatever our hart desires.

Are you sure everyone who lined up was unemployed?

My my, with unemployment numbers so low its a wonder anyone is without a job.
There are lies, damned lies, then statistics.

The unemployment rate has been finangled lower by dumping massive numbers of people off the count of the work force pool.

Millions of people who would like to work, but cant find work like me, are no longer counted among the unemployed because of political bullshit and hacks like you eat it.

Its funny that you say that as if there have not been other lines for nonunion work in this pathetic lame ass economic 'jobless recovery'.

My my, with unemployment numbers so low its a wonder anyone is without a job.
There are lies, damned lies, then statistics.

The unemployment rate has been finangled lower by dumping massive numbers of people off the count of the work force pool.

Millions of people who would like to work, but cant find work like me, are no longer counted among the unemployed because of political bullshit and hacks like you eat it.

Come on man take one for the Obama team. Do you really want Obama to look like a punk loser who's FUBAR'ed the economy?

Forum List

Back