How Green are you really in life?

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
Our community was involved in a test pilot project in 1988 for curbside recycling of metal, glass, plastic, and ward waste.

It was a model for following communities.

So for 33 yrs I and my business have recycled every piece of paper, cardboard, glass, can and everything else recyclable. Strictly adhered too.

Every non recyclable metal is put in a box for the junk man. Just got 10 bucks and lunch for my 6 month haul.

I bought a Honda Harmony lawn mower in 1990 and have mulched every leaf, weed, and blade of grass into recyclable fertilizer. Less fertilizer equals cleaner water.

We've composted since I was a kid so every compostable kitchen scrap has never seen nothing but nice flowers growing from it. (never use citrus peels in compost, don't break down)

Only about 20% of plastic bottles are recycled so I know we have a lot of fake Greenies out there

Our community was involved in a test pilot project in 1988 for curbside recycling of metal, glass, plastic, and ward waste.

So for 33 yrs I and my business have recycled every piece of paper, cardboard, glass, can and everything else recyclable. Strictly adhered too.

Every non recyclable metal is put in a box for the junk man. Just got 10 bucks and lunch for my 6 month haul.

I bought a Honda Harmony lawn mower in 1990 and have mulched every leaf, weed, and blade of grass into recyclable fertilizer. Less fertilizer equals cleaner water.

We've composted since I was a kid so every compostable kitchen scrap has never seen nothing but nice flowers growing from it. (never use citrus peels in compost, don't break down)

Only about 20% of plastic bottles are recycled so I know we have a lot of fake Greenies out there
I think if the citizens of the planet were really serious about recycling then there would be a big push at the manufacturing level to use recyclable stuff whenever possible and then to mandate that recycling. But it has to be at the global level. The same general mindset is true with climate change. I'm curious as to what will happen when we reach the carrying capacity of the planet, whenever that should happen. I'm no longer a young guy so I likely will not be around to see how that unfolds.

• Banned

I think if the citizens of the planet were really serious about recycling then there would be a big push at the manufacturing level to use recyclable stuff whenever possible and then to mandate that recycling. But it has to be at the global level. The same general mindset is true with climate change. I'm curious as to what will happen when we reach the carrying capacity of the planet, whenever that should happen. I'm no longer a young guy so I likely will not be around to see how that unfolds.
Well if you noticed packaging of everything has become bare bones now. Ever try to get something out of something lately???.........lol

Potato chip bags have no air in them anymore.....lolol

So I think there has been around a 25% reduction overall in packaging materials. Good for everyone except those trying to get something unpackaged...lol

Growing up low income we recycled out of necessity . Composted to, but we did compost food products used the compost around the fruit trees. We made money off the recycle ,they paid us for glass bottles ,paper and scrap metal. Maybe that what is needed now is paying people to bring in plastics and other recyclable items.

Well if you noticed packaging of everything has become bare bones now. Ever try to get something out of something lately???.........lol

Potato chip bags have no air in them anymore.....lolol

So I think there has been around a 25% reduction overall in packaging materials. Good for everyone except those trying to get something unpackaged...lol
When it comes strictly about recycling and not other green topics, I constantly see how things than are not recyclable yet should be. Plastic food containers come to mind immediately. I don't know how many times I've seen a grocery store plastic bag that has been blown up into a tree. I bought new tires a while back and had to pay to have the old ones taken off my hands for recycling. Why not make that part of the cost of the new tires? There would be fewer old tires sitting in creek beds under bridges.

I'm not and nor will I be.

I'm not and nor will I be.
That's cool too. I love the smell of freedom.

We used to have what they called "Single Stream Recycling" which meant all recyclables went out in the same pail on the same day. Very convenient.

But ever since St Trumpy pissed off the Chinese who were taking the crap and doing God knows what with it, we now have to separate papers and plastics and cans. They don't even take glass anymore.

What an asshole that man was. (And still is.)

Last edited:

I donated one of my private jets to Al Gore's butler.

I donated one of my private jets to Al Gore's butler.
I wonder if he recycles his Heinz catsup jars?......Mr Ketchup.................lolol.....What an idiot trying to be the Climate Czar.

We used to have what they called "Single Stream Recycling" which meant all recyclables went out in the same pail on the same day. Very convenient.

But ever since St Trumpy pissed off the Chinese who were taking the crap and doing God knows what with it, we now have to separate papers and plastics and cans. They don't even take glass anymore.

What an asshole that man was. (And still is.)

They used it to make the Wu Flu

Had a buddy here in Texas that was dating a school teacher from Boston.
This chick actually pulled the little plastic windows off the envelopes that your bills come in.
We were hanging out in his garage one day and she came out with a handfull of em and proceeded to pull out those little windows.
Of course I asked her what she was doing thinking she had a use for em.
When she told me she was recycling I busted out laughing!!!!!!
She didnt like me before but she really hated me after that.

Had a buddy here in Texas that was dating a school teacher from Boston.
This chick actually pulled the little plastic windows off the envelopes that your bills come in.
We were hanging out in his garage one day and she came out with a handfull of em and proceeded to pull out those little windows.
Of course I asked her what she was doing thinking she had a use for em.
When she told me she was recycling I busted out laughing!!!!!!
She didnt like me before but she really hated me after that.
That is not standard behavior for Bostonians.

Forum List

Back