How Hazardous Is Air Pollution?

I grew up back in the day when the smell of rotten eggs emitted 24/7 from steel mills and cars and trucks caused a tremendous stink on the highways and byways. When I was a little kid, people smoked everywhere- department stores, the A&P, in the hospital, dental offices. A lot of people burned fancy stogies all day long.

Yet, people got by just fine, and no one of my age is any worse for it.

Its funny how people survive into their 80s and 90s in spite of air pollution, isn't it? The human lung is not as delicate as the liberal wackos claim it is.
my answer was why is the average age of death 80 now (see joe biden for proof)

why are we living longer??

you need to worry if you smoke or work in certain industries

we have the cleanest air of anyone, but breathing china and indias shit

my answer was why is the average age of death 80 now (see joe biden for proof)

why are we living longer??

you need to worry if you smoke or work in certain industries

we have the cleanest air of anyone, but breathing china and indias shit

I've smoked a cigarette while filling the tank at a gas station more than several times, and haven't blown up yet. It's harder than people think it is to catch gas on fire with a cigarette.

Air pollution causes or exacerbates a number of lung and breathing issues, and in some people it actually shortens lives. Unfortunately, the economic activity that produces air pollution creates tremendous benefits in our lives...electricity, transportation, heat and cooling, YouTube...so there has to be a balancing of physical harm vs economic benefit.

Thankfully, we have an army of self-appointed czars at the Federal and State levels who do what is right to regulate air pollution.

I've smoked a cigarette while filling the tank at a gas station more than several times, and haven't blown up yet. It's harder than people think it is to catch gas on fire with a cigarette.
lolol.................remember when we were all men and a guy getting out of his car to fill up with a pall mall hanging off his lip with a 2 inch ash?....lolol

Air pollution causes or exacerbates a number of lung and breathing issues, and in some people it actually shortens lives. Unfortunately, the economic activity that produces air pollution creates tremendous benefits in our lives...electricity, transportation, heat and cooling, YouTube...so there has to be a balancing of physical harm vs economic benefit.

Thankfully, we have an army of self-appointed czars at the Federal and State levels who do what is right to regulate air pollution.
150 yrs ago they were all falling over from arsenic in wall paper

if you smoke or work in a factory with a lot of corrosive elements, you re t high risk...if you do both...well

these copd commercials re so funny........the person is gasping to throw the cigs and ash tray out...lolol...maybe 15 yrs ago when black hockers were coming up

for ashmatics i agree totally

but then again childhood ashma is sometimes caused by too clean a home environment...go figger

look what fauci and the dems did with kids locked up in shit air for 3 yrs

liberals are bad for breathin

I grew up back in the day when the smell of rotten eggs emitted 24/7 from steel mills and cars and trucks caused a tremendous stink on the highways and byways. When I was a little kid, people smoked everywhere- department stores, the A&P, in the hospital, dental offices. A lot of people burned fancy stogies all day long.

Yet, people got by just fine, and no one of my age is any worse for it.
I have to ask,,,
how many medications are you on that are keeping you alive??

is it them thats the reason for a longer life,,

Its funny how people survive into their 80s and 90s in spite of air pollution, isn't it? The human lung is not as delicate as the liberal wackos claim it is.

for the last 30 years there has been a dramatic drop in smoking cigarettes, gee I wonder if that helps people live longer

We no longer have lead in our gasoline, not for the last 30 years, that has to make a difference

Catalytic converters cleaned up the air.

Air pollution regulations have cut pollution in all the cities across the USA.

Yes, it is cleaner now, than it has ever been, and it has made a dramatic difference in health.

Lung cancer rates have dropped for many years. Not so in the 70's.

Forum List

Back