How Hot Is It?

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
Hotter than a two-peckered goat in a pepper patch. :lol:

On Tuesday it hit 119 here in Phoenix....cooled off to 117 yesterday, and it was already 100 at 9am today.

5T8Oz_How_dogs_are_cooling_off_in_hot_weather-s1024x768-391240.jpg

• Banned
If it didn't get this hot, half of L.A. would have moved here by now. In July the monsoons come up from Mehico and make it humid and miserable during the day, but okay at night. Phoenix is a "heat island" of glass and asphalt with huge up-drafts so storms either sneak in at night, bounce off us, or go around these days.

I read planes can't fly in that heat, and they were grounded.

Untrue. They can't take off due to weight issues. But that's a business decision. If the airlines wanted to take the planes off empty they could do that with no problem.

I read planes can't fly in that heat, and they were grounded.

Untrue. They can't take off due to weight issues. But that's a business decision. If the airlines wanted to take the planes off empty they could do that with no problem.

Well what good would that be?

They can move the aircraft to other routes when the heat is too high and they can make money with them on the different route.

Through last week it was pretty nice at 5 a.m. to take dogs for walk and then spend a hour or so on back patio while reading, watching people bike, jog, walk along the irrigation canal, and just shoot the breeze with wife. Those days are shot for next 3 months. Screen shot I took Tuesday:

upload_2017-6-22_11-25-28.png

Luckily D-Backs are also hot.

Last edited:
Through last week it was pretty nice at 5 a.m. to take dogs for walk and then spend a hour or so on back patio while reading, watching people bike, jog, walk along the irrigation canal, and just shoot the breeze with wife. Those days are shot for next 3 months. Screen shot I took Tuesday:

Luckily D-Backs are also hot.

I'm a Detroit Tigers fan. :sad: I run 2 miles every morning but I'm sitting out this week and run at night the rest of the summer. Heat breaks every Halloween....without failure....Oct.31st. so we got a ways to go.

Forum List

Back