How Hot Is It?

at 4 pm on the way to an appointment it was 76 degrees, and I thought it was hot as hell outside! :eek:

right now, it is 70 degrees, have the windows opened to cool down the house, and the low tonight is going to be 56 F.... good sleeping temperature, tomorrow it will hit 80 F again...summers are awesome here, it's the winter that's a real bitch!

I'm thinking its pretty hot!

2c87ca4910a5a5fea7a8fc8c5c6af811.jpg

And the temps are elevated too!

at 4 pm on the way to an appointment it was 76 degrees, and I thought it was hot as hell outside! :eek:

right now, it is 70 degrees, have the windows opened to cool down the house, and the low tonight is going to be 56 F.... good sleeping temperature, tomorrow it will hit 80 F again...summers are awesome here, it's the winter that's a real bitch!
OT:
Maine's winters are about what winters are supposed to be: the temperature is below freezing and it snows, sometimes quite a lot. That's a good thing AFAIC.

When I traveled a lot for work, I only found the weather "a bitch" when it was radically different (temp-wise) among multiple destinations in one trip. To get an idea of what I mean, think about your travel needs were you to go summer snow skiing and somewhere hot in the summer -- DC, NYC, Atlanta, etc. -- is your departure point. It's no big deal when one makes such a sojourn for fun as when vacationing; it's a different matter when one must do so and include the "cold spot" among a multiple hot destinations. (It's also not a big deal if one travels "poshly" -- charters flights rather than book commercial ones, uses drivers rather than walk outdoors or drive oneself, etc. -- but most business travellers don't travel that way, and I certainly didn't/don't when temporal limitations don't force me to.)

OT:
Maine's winters are about what winters are supposed to be: the temperature is below freezing and it snows, sometimes quite a lot. That's a good thing AFAIC.

When I traveled a lot for work, I only found the weather "a bitch" when it was radically different (temp-wise) among multiple destinations in one trip. To get an idea of what I mean, think about your travel needs were you to go summer snow skiing and somewhere hot in the summer -- DC, NYC, Atlanta, etc. -- is your departure point. It's no big deal when one makes such a sojourn for fun as when vacationing; it's a different matter when one must do so and include the "cold spot" among a multiple hot destinations. (It's also not a big deal if one travels "poshly" -- charters flights rather than book commercial ones, uses drivers rather than walk outdoors or drive oneself, etc. -- but most business travellers don't travel that way, and I certainly didn't/don't when temporal limitations don't force me to.)
I traveled a lot, from Boston to Scottsdale Arizona, Boston and Florida to Las Vegas, from both Florida and Boston to New York City in the Winter , and Massachusetts to Denver, Co, Florida to Dallas, Tx.... only Boston to Vegas bothered me if Las Vegas was over 100 degrees. I had limo services to do the driving....thank goodness the corporations paid for it.

I couldn't tell the difference between 105 and 115.

OT:
Well, back in the 1990s I could. I presume I still can; however, I generally eschew really hot places like Tempe and Phoenix, AZ; thus I've not since had the "opportunity" to confirm whether I still can.

How was I able to tell? I had a project in Tempe, AZ and I, for about five minutes, stood outside on an asphalt parking lot chatting with a colleague. During that time, I felt the heat of the pavement through the soles of my shoes. The temperature was 113 degrees Fahrenheit. Later that same day, when the temp had dropped to 107, I was standing in a different parking lot for a longer period, and I didn't feel the heat coming through my shoes.

FWIW, these are the shoes I was wearing...

12231015373_8e3d2c5651_b.jpg

Are those penny loafers?
Yes. The band with its little "cut out" across the vamp is what makes them be "penny" loafers. More traditionally styled ones look like this.

5830149691_cfbc9946cd_b.jpg

FWIW, these are the ones I wore everyday in high school. (Yes, they still fit, but I don't wear them often. They aren't worn out, so I've kept them.)

010.JPG

Interestingly, my dad also wore penny loafers from middle school through college. He once told me that he and his peers put dimes in the slots, purportedly, according to him, because it was a safe and sure way to have coins for making a phone call if need be.

Yes we also put dimes in them to make phone calls if necessary.
Dime phone calls.

You are really fucking old!

Hotter than a two-peckered goat in a pepper patch. :lol:

On Tuesday it hit 119 here in Phoenix....cooled off to 117 yesterday, and it was already 100 at 9am today.

5T8Oz_How_dogs_are_cooling_off_in_hot_weather-s1024x768-391240.jpg
But global warming is hoax.

/----- Learn the difference between weather and climate---as you Libtards like to say.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
The weather is hot because the climate is desert.

That's how it works.

I couldn't tell the difference between 105 and 115.

OT:
Well, back in the 1990s I could. I presume I still can; however, I generally eschew really hot places like Tempe and Phoenix, AZ; thus I've not since had the "opportunity" to confirm whether I still can.

How was I able to tell? I had a project in Tempe, AZ and I, for about five minutes, stood outside on an asphalt parking lot chatting with a colleague. During that time, I felt the heat of the pavement through the soles of my shoes. The temperature was 113 degrees Fahrenheit. Later that same day, when the temp had dropped to 107, I was standing in a different parking lot for a longer period, and I didn't feel the heat coming through my shoes.

FWIW, these are the shoes I was wearing...

12231015373_8e3d2c5651_b.jpg

Are those penny loafers?
Yes. The band with its little "cut out" across the vamp is what makes them be "penny" loafers. More traditionally styled ones look like this.

5830149691_cfbc9946cd_b.jpg

FWIW, these are the ones I wore everyday in high school. (Yes, they still fit, but I don't wear them often. They aren't worn out, so I've kept them.)

010.JPG

Interestingly, my dad also wore penny loafers from middle school through college. He once told me that he and his peers put dimes in the slots, purportedly, according to him, because it was a safe and sure way to have coins for making a phone call if need be.

Yes we also put dimes in them to make phone calls if necessary.
Dime phone calls.

You are really fucking old!

I call it mature, and knowledgeable. Also I do not feel old. I had to look it up 1982. Yes we didn't have cell phones, remotes, and we went to bookstores and libraries, maybe that is why we are not fat. No fast food joints where I was either, didn't eat at one till I was in my late teens.

Hotter than a two-peckered goat in a pepper patch. :lol:

On Tuesday it hit 119 here in Phoenix....cooled off to 117 yesterday, and it was already 100 at 9am today.

5T8Oz_How_dogs_are_cooling_off_in_hot_weather-s1024x768-391240.jpg
But global warming is hoax.

MAN MADE global warming is a hoax.

If not for global warming a few thousands of years ago, Al Gore, Leonardo DeCaprio and all those Hollywood worthies would be flying their private planes under two miles of ice.

OT:

I traveled a lot, from Boston to Scottsdale Arizona, Boston and Florida to Las Vegas, from both Florida and Boston to New York City in the Winter , and Massachusetts to Denver, Co, Florida to Dallas, Tx.... only Boston to Vegas bothered me if Las Vegas was over 100 degrees. I had limo services to do the driving....thank goodness the corporations paid for it.
I had limo services to do the driving
Yes. Using car services to get around pretty effectively obviates one's need to have garb appropriate to multiple weather conditions.

I call it mature, and knowledgeable. Also I do not feel old. I had to look it up 1982. Yes we didn't have cell phones, remotes, and we went to bookstores and libraries, maybe that is why we are not fat. No fast food joints where I was either, didn't eat at one till I was in my late teens.

What, you weren't among the folks who felt compelled to get a "brick" phone? LOL

Forum List

Back