How legitimate is the US government?

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
HOW LEGITIMATE IS AMERICAN GOVERNMENT? supposedly it is elected by the people but what percentage of population participates in elections any more? The media, which claims to not be a part of the establishment, but rather a government critic, claims that it's more than half the population, but there is very good evidence indicating that the media is a part of the establishment, so we can never really know. And the media always claims before each elections about how the race is very tight and how important it is to go out and vote, how every vote counts. Further more, if the media criticizes the government so much, then question comes to mind, what percentage of population dislikes the government, and vote against politicians rather than for them? And if majority votes against the politicians, then isn't it more logical to have a referendum on the government, rather than forcing people to vote for one politician just to vote against another politician? And with all the government critics, the experts on television - why doesn't anyone ever bring up the idea of a referendum on this government? is this something only a government is allowed to do? or are they all in bed with the government, and understand that criticizing it will not hurt it, but only distract any opposition? - I believe the answer is obvious.

But let us not expect the masses of people to understand this - They are too preoccupied about coming up with money to pay their bills and taxes. They are too discouraged by all the politicians and activists who keep asking for donations. It is up to us, the small group of people who truly care about justice to bring forth this referendum.

How are you defining political legitimacy?

"In political science, legitimacy is the popular acceptance of an authority, usually a governing law or a régime. Whereas 'authority' denotes a specific position in an established government, the term 'legitimacy' denotes a system of government — wherein 'government' denotes 'sphere of influence'.

"Political legitimacy is considered a basic condition for governing, without which a government will suffer legislative deadlock(s) and collapse."

FWIW, I agree with you about the lack of participation by 40%-50% of eligible voters represents a significant threat to the "popular acceptance of an authority", but I wonder if injecting a few dozen third-party candidates from both poles of the political spectrum into the House of Representatives next November might give more Americans an incentive to vote.

These candidates already exist on many ballots across the country.

All that's required is to convince voters a "choice" between Republican OR Democrat is no choice at all for 90% of US voters.

Legitimacy (political) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the People of the United States of America give up Bush and Obama to the ICC to stand trial for crimes against humanity, the rest of our government will fall back into line very quickly.

FWIW, I agree with you about the lack of participation by 40%-50% of eligible voters represents a significant threat to the "popular acceptance of an authority", but I wonder if injecting a few dozen third-party candidates from both poles of the political spectrum into the House of Representatives next November might give more Americans an incentive to vote.

These candidates already exist on many ballots across the country.

It will not get me back to vote, because I have lost faith in any fair elections hosted by the establishment - just because you put a write in option in some precincts, or even a button with my favorite candidate's name in other's, that does not make the nation wide elections legitimate - it is still the same joke.

"You don't need a vote to raise Hell." - Mary Harris Jones, The Autobiography of Mother Jones

"You don't need a vote to raise Hell." - Mary Harris Jones, The Autobiography of Mother Jones
My intention never was to raise hell, it has always been to bring justice - something our governments fail to do, because they become career politicians.

Our Government is 100% legit. Our elections are among the freest in the world. Our Constitution has served as a model of democratic nations around the globe.

The per cent who vote is a disgrace, and part of the long time Pub cynicism campaign...

OP- very legitimate, except for the braindead House- where the Dems got 3 million more votes and lost, a gerrymandered obscenity.

ANOTHER LSM/PPM SECRET...SO WHY IS OUR MEDIA NUMBER 46 AGAIN lol...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back