How many candidates for President or Vice President are from slave owning families

• Banned
I'm pretty sure Kamala Harris didn't own slaves.
In 2018, Donald J. Harris, Kamala Harris’ father, said in an essay that he is the descendant of Hamilton Brown, an Irish man who enslaved people in Jamaica.

I am positive that Kimballa Harris father said that the Harris family owned slaves

LOL You have nothing

According to Harris’ father Donald Harris, a retired Stanford University economics professor, the Harris family descends from a 19th-century slave owner, Hamilton Brown.

“My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural ‘produce’ exporter,” Harris allegedly wrote in an article for Jamaica Global, according to Snopes.

Brown owned multiple plantations throughout the 19th-century, even going so far as to say slaves were “comfortable” in Jamaica, according to a pamphlet from 1832 entitled “Three months in Jamaica” that documented life on sugar plantations. Brown also advocated against the abolition of slavery, per Snopes.

Donald Harris’ claims remain unproven with no verifiable information supporting the claim that the Harris family descended from Hamilton Brown.

“A whopping 35 percent of all African-American men descend from a white male ancestor who fathered a mulatto child sometime in the slavery era, most probably from rape or coerced sexuality,” Henry Louis Gates Jr., a historian and top professor at Harvard University, has said. “In other words, if we tested the DNA of all of the black men in the NBA, for instance, just over one-third descend from a white second or third great-grandfather.”

In 2018, Donald J. Harris, Kamala Harris’ father, said in an essay that he is the descendant of Hamilton Brown, an Irish man who enslaved people in Jamaica.

I am positive that Kimballa Harris father said that the Harris family owned slaves

LOL You have nothing

According to Harris’ father Donald Harris, a retired Stanford University economics professor, the Harris family descends from a 19th-century slave owner, Hamilton Brown.

“My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural ‘produce’ exporter,” Harris allegedly wrote in an article for Jamaica Global, according to Snopes.

Brown owned multiple plantations throughout the 19th-century, even going so far as to say slaves were “comfortable” in Jamaica, according to a pamphlet from 1832 entitled “Three months in Jamaica” that documented life on sugar plantations. Brown also advocated against the abolition of slavery, per Snopes.

Donald Harris’ claims remain unproven with no verifiable information supporting the claim that the Harris family descended from Hamilton Brown.

“A whopping 35 percent of all African-American men descend from a white male ancestor who fathered a mulatto child sometime in the slavery era, most probably from rape or coerced sexuality,” Henry Louis Gates Jr., a historian and top professor at Harvard University, has said. “In other words, if we tested the DNA of all of the black men in the NBA, for instance, just over one-third descend from a white second or third great-grandfather.”

I'm still pretty sure Kamala Harris didn't own slaves.

Probably all of them if you trace their ancestries back far enough.

• Banned

LOL You have nothing

So you are calling Donald Harris a liar.......................

But who would lie about that?

A retard perhaps

So actually you might be right

Enjoy

LOL You have nothing

A retard perhaps

Enjoy

I'm not calling him a liar. He never said Kamala Harris owned slaves. :dunno:

LOL You have nothing

A retard perhaps

Enjoy

I'm not calling him a liar. He never said Kamala Harris owned slaves. :dunno:

The fact remains that Kamala Harris belongs to a family that owned slaves

And there is nothing you can do about it except vote for a slave owners descendant

And do the laundry

Biden's ancestors owned slaves, too...

Maybe that's why he knows about putting people in chains...

put yall back in chains.jpg

Last edited:
In the scheme of things. Does it really matter if your ancestor's 150 years ago owned slaves? ... :cool:

Not really. Not until those slave owning families demand that we, non slave owning families pay reparations for a crime we didn't commit. But THEY did.

So what?

So, Harris is the only VP candidate in this race who's family OWNED slaves. Why is that so hard for you?

So what?

See my post below yours

I did. So what?

Forum List

Back