How many of you take, or have taken in the past, anti-depressants?

How many of you take anti-depressants?

• I currently take Anti-Depressants

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I used to take Anti-Depressants, however I have ceased intake

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I have never taken Anti-Depressants

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Bones

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2010
I used to when I was in high school to treat ADHD (or at least what some quack suspected was ADHD :doubt: ), however after sophomore year of college I ceased intake cold turkey.

What about you?

I've taken AD's before, but not for clinically-diagnosed depression.

I used to when I was in high school to treat ADHD (or at least what some quack suspected was ADHD :doubt: ), however after sophomore year of college I ceased intake cold turkey.

What about you?

I took one for a couple of weeks to try to stop smoking. I didn't stop smoking, but I was a happy little camper. Problem was, I was tripping. "Oh, look at the pretty clouds, how the light is pink, and bends...oh! shit! the ROAD!" I'm a weenie, but I had little flashbacks, slide backs, for a year after I stopped taking it.

My favorite med of all time was a pain med, a narcotic. The hospital gave it to me after my son was born. Happy, happy, happy pills. Never did find out what they were, but DAYum! they were the shit.

What about you?

Odd, Ritalin was the kids version of Coke. It was a stimulant, because there's a backwards effect for ADHD. I gave my son a cup of coffee every day and he was fine. Learned that trick from my friend's pediatrician, because he told her to give her son coffee after his breathing treatments, which make people hyper. I think the drug in the breathing treatments is Albuterol.

I used to but I'm not sure they are really as necessary as big pharma would like you to believe. They have perculiar side effects. I used to think exercises was the best AD.

What about you?

I took one for a couple of weeks to try to stop smoking. I didn't stop smoking, but I was a happy little camper. Problem was, I was tripping. "Oh, look at the pretty clouds, how the light is pink, and bends...oh! shit! the ROAD!" I'm a weenie, but I had little flashbacks, slide backs, for a year after I stopped taking it. .

what are they called and do you have more? :eusa_whistle:

What about you?

Nope.. never.. generally a swift kick on the ass by my parents straightened me out...

What about you?

I took one for a couple of weeks to try to stop smoking. I didn't stop smoking, but I was a happy little camper. Problem was, I was tripping. "Oh, look at the pretty clouds, how the light is pink, and bends...oh! shit! the ROAD!" I'm a weenie, but I had little flashbacks, slide backs, for a year after I stopped taking it. .

I don't remember, and if I do, they're a couple years old. I hate scripts. I want some creative control over my entertainment. And time constraints. :eusa_eh:

I don't remember, and if I do, they're a couple years old. I hate scripts. I want some creative control over my entertainment. And time constraints. :eusa_eh:

Probably bupropion/chantix

PubMed Health - Bupropion

Yeah during the divorce I went to the doc and told him I was tired of crying and didn't want to feel a thing. Was on Paxil for a while before I figured out it was causing me to make the decision to stay in that dead end marriage from hell. I quit both.

Forum List

Back