How Montana Dem Sen Jon Tester Is Trying To Lower Your Grocery Bill While Helping Farmers: pass Grassley-Wyden Meat Packing Special Investigator Act

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
groceries are a good thing

The big packers are screwing over producers and cheating consumers right before our eyes.

How is more bureaucracy supposed to lower grocery bills?

Sounds like another kleptocrat scam to me.

How is more bureaucracy supposed to lower grocery bills?

Sounds like another kleptocrat scam to me.
Creating a more competitive environment can only benefit consumers by encouraging competition.

There are also huge regulatory hurdles in opening up a processing plant for any sort of meat, poultry, or fish processing that should be addressed.

Huge corporations have the money and influence to get around a lot of that regulatory hurdle and the cash necessary to meet said regulations that small companies could never afford to do.

We've seen the same problems in farming whereby it's damned near impossible for the family farmer or rancher to compete with the big corporations particularly in farming.

Creating a more competitive environment can only benefit consumers by encouraging competition.
I've read the bill. There is absolutely nothing in it to create more competition. MSNBC is just blowing smoke up your ass.

Forum List

Back