How much more powerful is a small Nuclear Bomb?

How powerful are Nuclear Weapons?

• Right - Not much more powerful than a MOAB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Left - Somewhere in between.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 4, 2018
I'm curious if Conservatives truly understand the power of a Nuclear weapon, honestly.

Ok, so for this thread a poll to have fun. Select your partisan leaning (right or left, where right is Conservative left is Liberal), and whether you think Nuclear Weapons are close to MOAB in strength or much stronger.

For definitions, consider Hiroshima sized bomb in Kilotons when comparing to a MOAB.

If you want physical comparisons: GBU-43/B MOAB - Wikipedia

The blast yield of a MOAB is approximately 11 tons of TNT.

The blast yield of a Hiroshima's bomb is approximately 20KT.

Making a small yield Nuclear Bomb like Hiroshima about 1,818x more powerful than a MOAB.

• Banned
To reply to my OP, there's a great discussion I'll try to find and post about the speed of the explosion if uranium exploded at the same speed as its equivalent of TNT, then it would actually be about 1 million times more powerful than its equivalent of TNT.

But in terms of Kilojules, the TNT is a measure of energy released and does not consider the speed of the reaction.

I'm curious if Conservatives truly understand the power of a Nuclear weapon, honestly.

Ok, so for this thread a poll to have fun. Select your partisan leaning (right or left, where right is Conservative left is Liberal), and whether you think Nuclear Weapons are close to MOAB in strength or much stronger.

For definitions, consider Hiroshima sized bomb in Kilotons when comparing to a MOAB.

Making a small yield Nuclear Bomb like Hiroshima about 1,818x more powerful than a MOAB.
Yet another Internet PhD.
I presume there are various factors are to why one would employ one or the other.
Liberals don't even approve of using a MOAB on ISIS.

• Banned

I presume there are various factors are to why one would employ one or the other.

I didn't ask about the reasons of their use and deployment, it's a simple question really. People conceptualize things vis-a-vis other things.

I have a feeling Conservatives think MOABs are about as powerful as small Nuclear Bombs.

Not because they think the MOAB is so powerful, but because they think Nuclear Bombs aren't as powerful as they really are.

This paradigm means Conservatives are more willing to use Nukes, not realizing that even North Korea's Nuke is powerful enough to completely wipe out an American city and tens of millions of Americans in one hit.

I didn't ask about the reasons of their use and deployment, it's a simple question really. People conceptualize things vis-a-vis other things.

I have a feeling Conservatives think MOABs are about as powerful as small Nuclear Bombs.

Not because they think the MOAB is so powerful, but because they think Nuclear Bombs aren't as powerful as they really are.

This paradigm means Conservatives are more willing to use Nukes, not realizing that even North Korea's Nuke is powerful enough to completely wipe out an American city and tens of millions of Americans in one hit.

"I have a feeling Conservatives think MOABs are about as powerful as small Nuclear Bombs."
Incorrect...you missed the discussion after Trump MOABed ISIS.
And the Liberals were all pissed about it because, well....ISIS is good guys.

• Banned
Also, you insult liberals with your LIES.

Obama approved the use of the MOAB on ISIS in the caves of Afghanistan.

Your support of Trump and his lies is pathetic, if not disgusting. You must be compensating for things lacking in your life.

If nuclear weapons are so powerful perhaps little rocket man should stop shooting missiles capable of carrying nuclear weapons over our allies and constantly threatening to use preemptive nuclear force on our country.

This thread belongs in a NK forum, not ours.

Your support of Trump and his lies is pathetic, if not disgusting. You must be compensating for things lacking in your life.
Are you responding to me or someone I have on Ignore?

/----/ Dems know best because they are the ones who nuked civilians twice,

This is America. We don't have "small" nuclear bombs. Just big ones, like our huge American penises.

Everything is bigger in America, you know.

/----/ Dems know best because they are the ones who nuked civilians twice,

Ouch! :lmao:

To reply to my OP, there's a great discussion I'll try to find and post about the speed of the explosion if uranium exploded at the same speed as its equivalent of TNT, then it would actually be about 1 million times more powerful than its equivalent of TNT.

But in terms of Kilojules, the TNT is a measure of energy released and does not consider the speed of the reaction.

Maybe I am going out on a limb here, but who are you and why the hell are you inquiring about American nuclear weapons technology?

why-dont-you-l1r3zj.jpg

Your presumption that Liberals certainly know the relative strength of the MOAB to a "small" nuclear weapon is annoying and wrong. Just as your presumption that Conservatives don't know the relative strengths of the weapons is annoying and wrong. Try again Professor Pompous.

Your presumption that Liberals certainly know the relative strength of the MOAB to a "small" nuclear weapon is annoying and wrong. Just as your presumption that Conservatives don't know the relative strengths of the weapons is annoying and wrong. Try again Professor Pompous.

You tell me why FOX News always refers to MOAB by its weight, instead of its yield.

Obvious answer: it's weight at 22,000 pounds is close to the yield of a Hiroshima sized Nuclear weapon.

Conclusion is obvious: FOX news and American media want to compare MOAB to Hiroshima.

Doesn't even come a gnats eyebrow close.

You tell me why FOX News always refers to MOAB by its weight, instead of its yield.

Obvious answer: it's weight at 22,000 pounds is close to the yield of a Hiroshima sized Nuclear weapon.

Conclusion is obvious: FOX news and American media want to compare MOAB to Hiroshima.

Doesn't even come a gnats eyebrow close.
Any particular shows?
I can't stand Fox so I wouldn't know what shows mentions it in that manner.

Forum List

Back