How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

• Strong Theist

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • De-facto Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Weak Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pure Agnostic

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Weak Atheist

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • De-facto Atheist

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Strong Atheist

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
Most hope. Even us atheists would love to find out there is a heaven that rewards intelligence.
It does......what makes you think you'll get in? :)
Because I'm a good person.

You know that guy who raped his kid to death? He's going to hell if there is one

If there is one? You say definitively that there is no heaven but you don't know whether there is a hell? :)

I can't speak for the Almighty and won' presume to. But instinct tells me that 'goodness' doesn't include insulting people, calling them names, or suggesting they are somehow less intelligent or whatever if they are people of faith..

'Goodness' isn't actively attempting to destroy the faith of people who receive comfort and value from that faith.

I will never tell another person he or she is going to hell no matter what he/she has done because that is not my prerogative to determine or proclaim. I can't say who will be in heaven either though I believe those who say they have personal assurance of that..

He without sin cast the first stone. Are you perfect? Then shut the fuck up. And I already told you when you theists realize you aren't convincing any of us with your bullshit you resort to trying to make us feel bad. Sorry, aint gonna happen. I'm 100 times better person than most christians. Just because you talk to a god and ask him to forgive your wickedness doesn't mean anything.

I don't say definitively that there is no heaven. BUT, if you guessed that there is one that's an amazing guess. Because no god ever came down and told you there was a heaven. You made it up. How sure am I? Pretty fucking sure. If I wasn't I'd still be a christian.

There is no hell either. You see me wishing that guy to hell is the perfect example of how we wish a heaven for us and wish a hell for people who deserve a hell. Sorry, no hell.
BUT, if you guessed that there is one that's an amazing guess.

how do you account for the Genome of Life, sealy, I'm just curious. where you came from and were set free.

The first time I heard of a scale being around was through Richard Dawkins, one of the founders of the New Atheism group. Since I do not have a differing widely known scale, I use his. He's eliminating other beliefs and the like for those whose beliefs lie elsewhere, so I include "Other" in my poll.

1. Strong Theist: I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists.
  2. De-facto Theist: I cannot know for certain but I strongly believe in God and I live my life on the assumption that he is there.
  3. Weak Theist: I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.
  4. Pure Agnostic: God’s existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.
  5. Weak Atheist: I do not know whether God exists but I’m inclined to be skeptical.
  6. De-facto Atheist: I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable and I live my life under the assumption that he is not there.
  7. Strong Atheist: I am 100% sure that there is no God.
If this has been posted before, then please forgive. I did a search and did not find.

I love going to church. I'm pretty sure I'm the smartest guy in the room.

Being an atheist is like being the only sober person in the car and no one will let you drive.

Most hope. Even us atheists would love to find out there is a heaven that rewards intelligence.

You know that guy who raped his kid to death? He's going to hell if there is one

If there is one? You say definitively that there is no heaven but you don't know whether there is a hell? :)

I can't speak for the Almighty and won' presume to. But instinct tells me that 'goodness' doesn't include insulting people, calling them names, or suggesting they are somehow less intelligent or whatever if they are people of faith..

'Goodness' isn't actively attempting to destroy the faith of people who receive comfort and value from that faith.

I will never tell another person he or she is going to hell no matter what he/she has done because that is not my prerogative to determine or proclaim. I can't say who will be in heaven either though I believe those who say they have personal assurance of that..

He without sin cast the first stone. Are you perfect? Then shut the fuck up. And I already told you when you theists realize you aren't convincing any of us with your bullshit you resort to trying to make us feel bad. Sorry, aint gonna happen. I'm 100 times better person than most christians. Just because you talk to a god and ask him to forgive your wickedness doesn't mean anything.

I don't say definitively that there is no heaven. BUT, if you guessed that there is one that's an amazing guess. Because no god ever came down and told you there was a heaven. You made it up. How sure am I? Pretty fucking sure. If I wasn't I'd still be a christian.

There is no hell either. You see me wishing that guy to hell is the perfect example of how we wish a heaven for us and wish a hell for people who deserve a hell. Sorry, no hell.

how do you account for the Genome of Life, sealy, I'm just curious. where you came from and were set free.

Sorry that's above my pay grade. Ask a scientist. They might tell you something like

Somatic mosaicism refers to the occurrence of two genetically distinct populations of cells within an individual, derived from a postzygotic mutation. In contrast to inherited mutations, somatic mosaic mutations may affect only a portion of the body and are not transmitted to progeny. These mutations affect varying genomic sizes ranging from single nucleotides to entire chromosomes and have been implicated in disease, most prominently cancer. The phenotypic consequences of somatic mosaicism are dependent upon many factors including the developmental time at which the mutation occurs, the areas of the body that are affected, and the pathophysiological effect(s) of the mutation. The advent of second-generation sequencing technologies has augmented existing array-based and cytogenetic approaches for the identification of somatic mutations. We outline the strengths and weaknesses of these techniques and highlight recent insights into the role of somatic mosaicism in causing cancer, neurodegenerative, monogenic, and complex disease.

Keywords: mutation, somatic, germline, mosaicism, complex disease, retrotransposition, neurodegeneration, aging

What is your point? If I understand your question properly, a single cell organism mutated into a multiple cell organism and so on until fish crawled out of the water and became land creatures. Yes we even share a common ancestor with allegators. Hard to believe huh? I agree. But so is the bible. At least evolution makes sense.

I think this is all hard to believe too don't get me wrong. Blows my mind. But then I was watching tv this weekend and they were talking about an invasive species and they showed this fish that could leap out of the water and breath and travel from one lake to the next.

So sorry. I must have really hit a nerve. So you are now saying that you didn't say this in Post #697?
Fact is there is no heaven. You're not a god inside your moral human shell. It's a ridiculous notion and this stupidity is holding our species.

There was a time when it maybe was necessary and maybe god is necessary for current humans but soon we have to stop being superstitious and ignorant to reality. It's easy to control an ignorant masses

So I think don't have to STFU in order to state what I believe goodness is and is not. My comment was offered generally not personally.

Sorry that's above my pay grade. Ask a scientist. They might tell you something like

Somatic mosaicism refers to the occurrence of two genetically distinct populations of cells within an individual, derived from a postzygotic mutation. In contrast to inherited mutations, somatic mosaic mutations may affect only a portion of the body and are not transmitted to progeny. These mutations affect varying genomic sizes ranging from single nucleotides to entire chromosomes and have been implicated in disease, most prominently cancer. The phenotypic consequences of somatic mosaicism are dependent upon many factors including the developmental time at which the mutation occurs, the areas of the body that are affected, and the pathophysiological effect(s) of the mutation. The advent of second-generation sequencing technologies has augmented existing array-based and cytogenetic approaches for the identification of somatic mutations. We outline the strengths and weaknesses of these techniques and highlight recent insights into the role of somatic mosaicism in causing cancer, neurodegenerative, monogenic, and complex disease.

Keywords: mutation, somatic, germline, mosaicism, complex disease, retrotransposition, neurodegeneration, aging

What is your point? If I understand your question properly, a single cell organism mutated into a multiple cell organism and so on until fish crawled out of the water and became land creatures. Yes we even share a common ancestor with allegators. Hard to believe huh? I agree. But so is the bible. At least evolution makes sense.

I think this is all hard to believe too don't get me wrong. Blows my mind. But then I was watching tv this weekend and they were talking about an invasive species and they showed this fish that could leap out of the water and breath and travel from one lake to the next.

well as usual you leave out Flora, do you really not recognize the physiology as the same that is also true for all Spiritual origin. you are as much a tree as an alligator sealy, they are from the same factory.

also there are no muticellular beings on planet Earth, either one cell or one multisubdivided cell all being the same inside one boundary.

I do not claim the Genome of Life created the universe, only all life is linked and predestined before its physiology is wrapped around it. that's where some of us are headed after purification and admission to the Everlasting.

well as usual you leave out Flora, do you really not recognize the physiology as the same that is also true for all Spiritual origin. you are as much a tree as an alligator sealy, they are from the same factory.

also there are no muticellular beings on planet Earth, either one cell or one multisubdivided cell all being the same inside one boundary.

I do not claim the Genome of Life created the universe, only all life is linked and predestined before its physiology is wrapped around it. that's where some of us are headed after purification and admission to the Everlasting.

Is your theory on this list?

10 Alternatives to Evolution - Listverse

Yeah, I did mean Ben and Jerry's. (I thought that didn't look right when I typed it, but. . .) :)

I pretty much allow people to be who and what they are unless their actions are physically or materially harming somebody. So I can honor and respect your choices who where to shop based on your personal code of ethics, right and wrong, etc. and will not criticize you for that. You are acting on your convictions in a way that harms nobody.

I personally take the point of view that if I value the right to be able to express my point of view, my values, my beliefs, my opinions without fear some gang of snowflakes will descend on me to prevent me for speaking at a venue, will try to get me fired from my job, or threaten my customers, suppliers, advertisers, etc. in my business. . .

. . .then it logically follows to me that I should allow them their point of view, their values, their beliefs, their opinions without fear that I will try to punish, or if possible destroy them.

It sort of follows the commandment to do unto others what you would have them do unto you. That is something the snowflakes among us neither embrace nor comprehend and certainly does not respect.

But don't we have the right to descend onto an event you are speaking at and boycott your sorry ass?

If you are a right wing nutjob and we don't like rwnj's and you are open about it, don't we have to right to write your boss and tell them we are boycotting his business because he employs you?

Is it illegal to fire someone for being a liberal or Democrat or Republican? I hope it is. But it's not illegal to boycott a conservatives business. Least not last I checked. And that's affecting his income or YOUR income. So keep your politics to yourself until you find out all your co-workers and customers are conservative because if I found out you were a con I'd look for a new supplier.

Do unto others as I would have them do unto you? Sorry pal. I'm an atheist. I would love it if theists didn't discriminate against atheists but the fact is they do. So, I keep my religious beliefs to myself. If not I would expect a lot of customers to stop buying from me. For one reason because I'm an atheist and for two I'm stupid to have let it become public. Same with your politics. Don't put that on facebook. You will lose friends. You don't care? Neither do I. But I do care if I lose customers.

You have every right to share as much or as little of your opinions and beliefs as you choose to do so. You have every right to run your business as you see fit for your own benefit.

You also have every right to boycott anybody you want to, to call people names, to insult their intelligence, or anything else you wish to do.

You even have the right to organize your buddies and picket my business, harass and threaten my customers, threaten my suppliers or advertisers or pretty much do anything you want to make my life miserable, punish me, and destroy me if you can because I don't agree with you.

That is pretty much legal. It shouldn't be, but it is.

But when you do that, you diminish us all, you weaken us as a society, and make us meaner, more coarse, more hateful, and more intolerant.

I think the message of Christ was that those who love God will do better. They will build people up, do good when all others are doing bad, and only those who have never sinned have any grounds to judge others as somehow morally inferior.
I think the message of Christ was that those who love God will do better.

what event during the 1st century makes you believe atheism was ever discussed or made an issue of for consideration.

that is your 4th century christ that placed himself before the Almighty in your book, who can disagree with loving of anything .... though it is not loving the Almighty that moves a Spirit to Remission.

This is the second time you have posted something so non sequitur to what was being discussed that I don't have a clue what you are getting at. I suspect you might not either.

what event during the 1st century makes you believe atheism was ever discussed or made an issue of for consideration.

that is your 4th century christ that placed himself before the Almighty in your book, who can disagree with loving of anything .... though it is not loving the Almighty that moves a Spirit to Remission.

I disagree that you find the response non sequitur to the subject of the thread, whether to respond to the content pertaining to the events of the 1st century from your post is not my concern.

Huh? Are you going space cadet, BW? I understand Mars will be ready for colonization in the 2030s ha ha.

were a freed Spirit to be admitted to the Everlasting why would there be a reason for them to give up their identity by becoming a part of the Almighty that enabled their individuality to begin with. for as long as they can survive the new life that undoubtedly will have its own goals to be accomplished.
So you would do a lot for God, but not give up your identity for God? Interesting.

IMHO, becoming one with God would be the greatest reward ever. Knowing what God knows, seeing what God see, everything.
So you would do a lot for God, but not give up your identity for God? Interesting.

the Almighty is the gatekeeper to the Everlasting, they have said to enter one must Triumph Good vs Evil in a way of a decisive success they will judge to determine its outcome. that's it -

the animosity is removed but not the endless tribulations of being alive and certainly to survive the Everlasting may not be a realistic goal of immortality ... I will pursue becoming an engineer for the Genome of Life - the Almighty insures not its outcome but that something such as Adolf H is not involved in the process.
Do you really believe there is an everlasting? So you are more than just an animal on one planet? You are more than that? You are a god yourself? Wow! Pretty impressive I'm talking to a god. I bet you can't wait to get to heaven. I hope you are old and dying. God forbid you have to live here much longer
You are a god yourself?

not yet, rookies have chores like volcano cleaning, hook up with a god and start living the good life - and yes eventually become a god yourself, the sky's the limit.

or simply perish, I hopefully will triumph and join the crowd upstairs.

there is Everlasting sealy, you can count it.
Just enjoy the life you have now. It could be the only one you get and life is short.

I don't mind the idea my spirit doesn't live beyond my 90 years. I'm lucky I was born and I'm going to enjoy my life till the day things go bad and they always do. No exceptions. But I realize how lucky I was to be born. There are millions of spirm in one load. Mine made it. And my parents met. And their grandparents met and so on.

Remember what it was like 1 million years before you were born? That's what it will be like 100 years after you die. But don't worry you won't suffer.

We agree this life is short. However, I'm James Bond and You Only Live Twice. It's a shame that some do not believe the greatest gift God gave us was to sacrifice his only Son so we can live again in joy everlasting. I only say that to express condolence, not to sway anybody's thinking. Oh my. I wouldn't do that.

Congrats that your parents were one of the "fittest" according to the genocidal Darwin theory of "survival of the fittest.*" It means you passed his test with flying colors having brought children into this world for his definition of "fit" is those who can procreate the most.

* - Survival of the fittest led to social Darwinism, the Holocaust and black genocide. (I'll post a thread on this a bit later.)

>>Remember what it was like 1 million years before you were born? That's what it will be like 100 years after you die. But don't worry you won't suffer.<<

So, you don't think like NASA that we need to populate on Mars because of mass extinction here on Earth. I've heard that from National Geographic and Elon Musk to name a couple?

We agree this life is short. However, I'm James Bond and You Only Live Twice. It's a shame that some do not believe the greatest gift God gave us was to sacrifice his only Son so we can live again in joy everlasting. I only say that to express condolence, not to sway anybody's thinking. Oh my. I wouldn't do that.

Congrats that your parents were one of the "fittest" according to the genocidal Darwin theory of "survival of the fittest.*" It means you passed his test with flying colors having brought children into this world for his definition of "fit" is those who can procreate the most.

* - Survival of the fittest led to social Darwinism, the Holocaust and black genocide. (I'll post a thread on this a bit later.)

>>Remember what it was like 1 million years before you were born? That's what it will be like 100 years after you die. But don't worry you won't suffer.<<

So, you don't think like NASA that we need to populate on Mars because of mass extinction here on Earth. I've heard that from National Geographic and Elon Musk to name a couple?
Interesting post even if I don't agree with all points.

IMHO, our universe was created with a specific set of rules. Among those rules was an evolutionary process which allowed human beings to rise above all other Earthly creatures with a reasoning mind capable of understanding our universe through study. We call that study "science", a method of research which helps us avoid mistakes and which allows us to verify the validity of our collective research.

To deny we can have another extinction event is to deny the physics of our natural universe. You are free to believe in magic, but I believe a power capable of creating the natural universe wouldn't "cheat" by intervening in the natural processes of that universe.

If we are wiped out by an impact event or a supervolcano, eventually the process will begin anew. What makes any of us think we are so special it won't happen?

IMHO, becoming one with God would be the greatest reward ever. Knowing what God knows, seeing what God see, everything.

the Almighty is the gatekeeper to the Everlasting, they have said to enter one must Triumph Good vs Evil in a way of a decisive success they will judge to determine its outcome. that's it -

the animosity is removed but not the endless tribulations of being alive and certainly to survive the Everlasting may not be a realistic goal of immortality ... I will pursue becoming an engineer for the Genome of Life - the Almighty insures not its outcome but that something such as Adolf H is not involved in the process.
Do you really believe there is an everlasting? So you are more than just an animal on one planet? You are more than that? You are a god yourself? Wow! Pretty impressive I'm talking to a god. I bet you can't wait to get to heaven. I hope you are old and dying. God forbid you have to live here much longer
You are a god yourself?

not yet, rookies have chores like volcano cleaning, hook up with a god and start living the good life - and yes eventually become a god yourself, the sky's the limit.

or simply perish, I hopefully will triumph and join the crowd upstairs.

there is Everlasting sealy, you can count it.
Just enjoy the life you have now. It could be the only one you get and life is short.

I don't mind the idea my spirit doesn't live beyond my 90 years. I'm lucky I was born and I'm going to enjoy my life till the day things go bad and they always do. No exceptions. But I realize how lucky I was to be born. There are millions of spirm in one load. Mine made it. And my parents met. And their grandparents met and so on.

Remember what it was like 1 million years before you were born? That's what it will be like 100 years after you die. But don't worry you won't suffer.

Yes, it's a shame I don't believe your cult story. What do you want me to fake it? I don't reject god I reject your stories of when god visited your ancestors. You do it too to all the other religions I just do it to one more, yours.

Do you think I'm arguing for Survival of the fittest? It led to the Holocaust? Are you trying to demonize the science

But don't we have the right to descend onto an event you are speaking at and boycott your sorry ass?

If you are a right wing nutjob and we don't like rwnj's and you are open about it, don't we have to right to write your boss and tell them we are boycotting his business because he employs you?

Is it illegal to fire someone for being a liberal or Democrat or Republican? I hope it is. But it's not illegal to boycott a conservatives business. Least not last I checked. And that's affecting his income or YOUR income. So keep your politics to yourself until you find out all your co-workers and customers are conservative because if I found out you were a con I'd look for a new supplier.

Do unto others as I would have them do unto you? Sorry pal. I'm an atheist. I would love it if theists didn't discriminate against atheists but the fact is they do. So, I keep my religious beliefs to myself. If not I would expect a lot of customers to stop buying from me. For one reason because I'm an atheist and for two I'm stupid to have let it become public. Same with your politics. Don't put that on facebook. You will lose friends. You don't care? Neither do I. But I do care if I lose customers.

You have every right to share as much or as little of your opinions and beliefs as you choose to do so. You have every right to run your business as you see fit for your own benefit.

You also have every right to boycott anybody you want to, to call people names, to insult their intelligence, or anything else you wish to do.

You even have the right to organize your buddies and picket my business, harass and threaten my customers, threaten my suppliers or advertisers or pretty much do anything you want to make my life miserable, punish me, and destroy me if you can because I don't agree with you.

But when you do that, you diminish us all, you weaken us as a society, and make us meaner, more coarse, more hateful, and more intolerant.

I think the message of Christ was that those who love God will do better. They will build people up, do good when all others are doing bad, and only those who have never sinned have any grounds to judge others as somehow morally inferior.

This is the second time you have posted something so non sequitur to what was being discussed that I don't have a clue what you are getting at. I suspect you might not either.

I disagree that you find the response non sequitur to the subject of the thread, whether to respond to the content pertaining to the events of the 1st century from your post is not my concern.

Huh? Are you going space cadet, BW? I understand Mars will be ready for colonization in the 2030s ha ha.

which is it - bond or

th

the joker ... it seems a case of mistaken identity.

without a continuous atmosphere they are just wasting their time, our Garden is all we have.

Horrible fish. I hate these invasive fish. The ability for fish to be able to breathe air is nothing new. There are species that aren't invasive that do the same thing as the lungfish. We also have mammals that live in the ocean and breathe air such as the whale through its blowhole. The evos here should know this. Why they continue to promote this kind of fish as evidence for evolution is beyond me. What we want is a fish that instead of fins that turned into lobes has developed limbs attached to vertebrae. In other words a vertebrate. For example, I use a whale that could have evolved from a tetrapod to show that evolution didn't have to go from fish to tetrapod and then back to marine animal. It's just more ways for evolution to explain how animals have a common ancestor which is bogus. The one that gets me is humans descended from apes and that is racist. We should dump Darwin Day as Darwin's ideas led to the Holocaust and black genocide "evolving" into social Darwinism, eugenics, Nazis, fascism and Planned Parenthood.

paki_ambulo.png

The above didn't really happen though. It's just a fairy tale made up by evos.

The evolution of whales

Last edited:

which is it - bond or

th

without a continuous atmosphere they are just wasting their time, our Garden is all we have.

My use of the Joker is about who gets the "last" laugh. That is, what happens to us after death? I've learned more about hell as a final destination. It's not 24/7 of burning torture. Want to know? I can start a thread on it. I did't think you'd be interested in the Traveler's Guide to Heaven.

Last edited:

which is it - bond or

th

My use of the Joker is about who gets the "last" laugh. That is, what happens to us after death? I've learned more about hell as a final destination. It's not 24/7 of burning torture. Want to know? I can start a thread on it. I did't think you'd be interested in the Traveler's Guide to Heaven.

I've learned more about hell as a final destination.

that's obvious, you must have been a boyscout .... being prepared.

My use of the Joker is about who gets the "last" laugh. That is, what happens to us after death?

4th century deception is hardly a joke for those that are deceived, christian.

the 1st century is about the accomplishments before death, the Apex of Knowledge the Triumph of Good vs Evil during one's lifetime that allows the Spirit to be set free.

good luck being the cause for failure.

which is it - bond or

th

My use of the Joker is about who gets the "last" laugh. That is, what happens to us after death?

the 1st century is about the accomplishments before death, the Apex of Knowledge the Triumph of Good vs Evil during one's lifetime that allows the Spirit to be set free.

1. The Biblical God is real.
    There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate , factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

Origins of the Bible: PBS Buried Secrets, CH4 Who wrote the Bible? (a must watch).

“Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” – Isaac Asimov

2. Biblical Jesus was real.
    There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

The motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:

“Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” – Ken Ham

“Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.” – Anonymous

which is it - bond or

th

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate , factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

Origins of the Bible: PBS Buried Secrets, CH4 Who wrote the Bible? (a must watch).

“Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” – Isaac Asimov

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

The motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:

“Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” – Ken Ham

“Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.” – Anonymous

sealy, there was nothing posted by you to quote ... the 4th century christian bible was the subject of your post, not sure why you did not chose a christian to address it to.

1st century Church of the Almighty is a spoken religion, Jesus was a mortal that accomplished the means for Admission to the Everlasting who likewise had faults, simply faults without evil.

which is it - bond or

th

sealy, there was nothing posted by you to quote ... the 4th century christian bible was the subject of your post, not sure why you did not chose a christian to address it to.

1st century Church of the Almighty is a spoken religion, Jesus was a mortal that accomplished the means for Admission to the Everlasting who likewise had faults, simply faults without evil.

I don't know if it was the 4th, 3rd, 1st or 16th century. The reason I posted that to you is because I thought you would find it interesting. Especially when you realize there is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artifacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts.

Forum List

Back