How Old Do You The Earth Is?

sorry, I thought it was obvious......how do you measure how old the earth is from the text of the Bible when the text of the Bible doesn't tell us how long Adam and Eve were in Paradise before they were tossed out?......

Because I don't believe Adam and Eve lived for billions of years, as radiometric dating tells us. Nothing in the fossil record indicates any species living that long.

Yes, I think you did. Can you show me a clip of a confirmed atheist saying anything remotely close to "I believe that the Earth is only about 6,000 years old" I doubt that you can.
"God is dead" Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1878

"Nietzsche is dead" God, 1900

This is not a quote of an atheist saying that the Earth is 6,000 years old...

I stipulate that much of early Genesis happened in "days". If you have a point, make it.
sorry, I thought it was obvious......how do you measure how old the earth is from the text of the Bible when the text of the Bible doesn't tell us how long Adam and Eve were in Paradise before they were tossed out?......

You can't, which is part of my point to Young Earth Creationists. The Bible isn't equipped to tell us the Earth's age or even give an approximation. Science is.

Yes, I think you did. Can you show me a clip of a confirmed atheist saying anything remotely close to "I believe that the Earth is only about 6,000 years old" I doubt that you can.

did you forget this part of your question?....
saying anything remotely close to

you believe saying "6000 year old earth" is absurd......saying "God is dead" is equally absurd......thus, they are close.....

I stipulate that much of early Genesis happened in "days". If you have a point, make it.
It is obvious. We have the means and methods of science to measure the age of the planet. Ancient books of tales and fables (where angry gawds condemn all humanity for fruit theft), are not reliable for discerning fact from fiction.

Science is among the youngest of human endeavors, and yet has achieved things no previous discipline has approached. It has fed the hungry, cured disease, created technology that four generations ago would have been unimaginable. It has literally changed our world, while religions have done little more than churn human misfortune in a static embrace of past error. Unlike all the philosophies and religions that came before it, science actually works.

did you forget this part of your question?....
saying anything remotely close to

you believe saying "6000 year old earth" is absurd......saying "God is dead" is equally absurd......thus, they are close.....

My definition of absurd is orders of magnitude different from yours then..

It is obvious. We have the means and methods of science to measure the age of the planet. Ancient books of tales and fables (where angry gawds condemn all humanity for fruit theft), are not reliable for discerning fact from fiction.

Science is among the youngest of human endeavors, and yet has achieved things no previous discipline has approached. It has fed the hungry, cured disease, created technology that four generations ago would have been unimaginable. It has literally changed our world, while religions have done little more than churn human misfortune in a static embrace of past error. Unlike all the philosophies and religions that came before it, science actually works.

:clap:

I'm sorry you misunderstood the question.....feel free to try again.....
how do you measure how old the earth is from the text of the Bible.....

You ask a scientist for the real answer and then you get some high ranking bible thumper to find the passage in the bible that predicted it. An old trick. :D

Like really really old and stuff.

but I love a good and useless troll thread, so I'm posting some non-sense so I can get a laugh later.
T
Like really really old and stuff.

but I love a good and useless troll thread, so I'm posting some non-sense so I can get a laugh later.
The age of earth is "irrelevant" why not ask the most important question = are you living your life as a son of God or a son of satan?Where will you be in eternity? With God family and friends or the eternal lake of fire? Chose today!

I'm sorry you're not able to address the salient points.

Yet another one of the difficulties faced by the hyper-religious. Absurdities are the built in “loopholes” that apologists insert for the purpose of getting away with the many “incompatibilities” between the bibles and modern science. Where the scientific absurdities and "miracles” of the bibles generally depend on creative flights of reinterpreted fancy, the gross scientific errors of the bibles are expressed in clear and direct language. They are so obvious, that apologists have been forced to create the “loophole” of “allegorical language” in the attempt to escape them.

One of the profound difficulties religious people have with reality in general and science in particular is that they are more complex than “yes or no.” The universe does not consist of ideals and opposites, but instead of continua along dimensions with multiple (often infinite) possible options. Yes… it is one of the rude awakenings to the religious that we live in a Darwinian world, not a Platonic one.

Yet another one of the difficulties faced by the hyper-religious. Absurdities are the built in “loopholes” that apologists insert for the purpose of getting away with the many “incompatibilities” between the bibles and modern science. Where the scientific absurdities and "miracles” of the bibles generally depend on creative flights of reinterpreted fancy, the gross scientific errors of the bibles are expressed in clear and direct language. They are so obvious, that apologists have been forced to create the “loophole” of “allegorical language” in the attempt to escape them.

One of the profound difficulties religious people have with reality in general and science in particular is that they are more complex than “yes or no.” The universe does not consist of ideals and opposites, but instead of continua along dimensions with multiple (often infinite) possible options. Yes… it is one of the rude awakenings to the religious that we live in a Darwinian world, not a Platonic one.
still not a response to the question I was asked and replied to.....

Get real! Almighty God is awesome far beyond human understanding. God says he is the Alpha and Omega=the beginning and the end. God is outside time God says a thousand years is like a day to Him and a day like a thousand years.

Get real! Almighty God is awesome far beyond human understanding. God says he is the Alpha and Omega=the beginning and the end. God is outside time God says a thousand years is like a day to Him and a day like a thousand years.
None of the gods have said any such thing.

None of the gods have said any such thing.
LOL! There is no GOD but Almighty God all the others are false gods most demon inspired.

Forum List

Back