How 'One Nation' Didn't Become 'Under God' Until The '50s Religious Revival

You don't need to state what is obvious to everyone.

When the atheist communists started infiltrating our society, we then needed to clarify which side we were on.

Before that it was just assumed.

What part of this don't you understand?
Not by educated people nor in educated parts of the country which it wasn't a big part of their lives. Thankfully I was educated in an enlightened part of the country where we didn't have to suffer that christian prayer nonsense in the morning which was part of other school systems in the country, To this day I know a lot of people who say the original pledge

What part of America before the Pledge was not heavily Christian?

I was in grade school when it added God. This is what I remember saying:
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
It had a nice cadence. But I was always puzzled why we pledged allegiance to an inanimate object first and the republic second.

Then when they added "under God" I thought it spoiled the whole cadence. Of course I wasn't able to articulate my thoughts back then like I can now.

I hate to burst your bubble but you are still unable to articulate.

You don't need to state what is obvious to everyone.

When the atheist communists started infiltrating our society, we then needed to clarify which side we were on.

What part of this don't you understand?
---
Religion had little to do with the con fear mongering. It was about preserving their economic lifestyle and white CULTURE.
That "under God" crap was/is ETHNOCENTRIC.

What part of this don't younderstand?

Fear is a rational response to a serous threat to your economic lifestyle and culture.

Especially when you consider that a nuclear weapons and thousands of tanks and totalitarianism were part of the mix.

Not being afraid would be the act of a fool or a traitor.
---
Fear, curiosity, respect, empathy, and other emotions are natural, but their extremes are not "normal" or healthy.
A balance between emotions & capabilities reflects maturity.

Yes, the native Americans should have been more FEARFUL of immigrants 400-500 years ago!
However, the USA gov and it's peoples are much stronger today!

Forum List

Back